Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Worst game you have ever played/purchased?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Worst game you have ever played/purchased?

FF Legends on GB...terrible -__-

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner packages's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    FF Legends on GB...terrible -__-
    Blasphemy.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by packages View Post
    Blasphemy.
    LOL...a fan I take it. Dude, the game was terrible. One of FF weaker spin-offs, meh, opinions sometime step on our peoples' toes...its a part of life.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner packages's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My toes aren't hurt. I grew up with that game, so maybe I have a bias. Fond memories of my fat green screen gameboy when I was 6 or 7 years old, playing FFL under the blankets far past my bedtime.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quest 64 for the Nintendo 64 - what a boring ass game. I really couldn't get into Grand Theft Auto 4 - just too different (from a gameplay perspective) the previous games.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

at the time, I was so excited and it *WAS* a great game, Street Fighter 2 (the original, no Turbo) for the SNES, lol.

with how much fighting games have evolved, looking back on this, was such a waste of money (50-70 dollars, ughn!), but shockingly at the time, this was the fighting game that everyone wanted...

I had completely mastered this game, lol, and I could beat all of my friends without moving at all, just doing normal attacks as they came near me. Though, I also had the chain attack patterns of course too, hehe. It had its own simple tactics, which were quite fun at the time.

-----------------------------------------

I've played quite a lot of bad games, being an early gamer, there were many games that I rented that were very confusing (strategy games) with like no instructions about them, and this was before the prominensce of the internet or even rip-off gaming guides, lol. There was only a even more rip-off "help-hotline", lol.

I was a kid at the time, and cried and got mad so much when I couldn't figure out how to play the games I had rented, lol.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; May 14, 2011 at 06:53 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I got Red Dead Redemption a while ago and I can't believe how boring it is. I guess they were going serious with this game since there's very little humor in it (for a RockStar Game?). Even the outfits that you can earn for your character is boring. I wanted to at least have one Painted Cowboy outfit (Rustler's Rhapsody anyone?) The cheats are a joke; so if you're going to commit to cheat why doesn't the damn thing stay on all the time? I could care less about earning trophies, I just want to experience the game. And if I find it interesting after the first play through, I usually play it without cheats for the difficulty.
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNM5GOQCko

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

The Last Remnant
    Now I'm not saying that this game was bad, but I really do regret buying it. I only managed to get 1 hour of gameplay and then the game would crash. At first I thought it was due to my PC's video card not being good enough for the game, but I've managed to play even better looking games on it so that probably wasn't it. I lent it to a friend of mine to see if he could get it working but he couldn't because of Steam (I don't really know that much about Steam but I think it was a problem with the game rather than the former).

Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2
    I remember watching videos of the Gekitou Ninja Taisen series for the GC and thinking that the games looked really cool. A few years later I saw CoNR2 for sale and I decided to buy it. I had heard that the game was pretty fun so I had high expectations, but the game was just so bland. The graphics were dated and the gameplay was boring. I also had the hardest time controlling puppet users.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner jamesem92's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    The Last Remnant
    Now I'm not saying that this game was bad, but I really do regret buying it. I only managed to get 1 hour of gameplay and then the game would crash. At first I thought it was due to my PC's video card not being good enough for the game, but I've managed to play even better looking games on it so that probably wasn't it. I lent it to a friend of mine to see if he could get it working but he couldn't because of Steam (I don't really know that much about Steam but I think it was a problem with the game rather than the former).
    I honestly wouldn't say you missed too much.
    I found that this game was really weak for Square Enix game, the storyline wasn't great and the battle system only kept me interested for a few hours.
    I just found the entire feel of the game was a bit slow and dull, and I gave up playing eventually.

Another game for me would have to be Tekken 5 for the PS2.
    I got this game as I'd never owned a Tekken game, but loved playing Tekken 3, 4 and tag at my friends houses, and so when this one came out I went with one of my friends and picked it up.
    They didn't really add anything of value to it, that they didn't already have in Tekken 4, and I found the environments seemed worse if anything.
    Also they shoved that Jin minigame into it (I think it was called "The Devil Inside" or something like that) and it was really repetative and boring.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Gantzter127's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

This farm simulator game I played on steam... OMG! It was bad. I downloaded it because I was hella bored and me and my mate just wanted to fuck around, but there was nothing amusing about this shitty game.

Yokota Takuma, Tsutomu Nihei and Asano Inio. <3

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought "enter the matrix" full price. I win. The thread can be closed.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2