Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Theories of the world

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Skyrius's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Theories of the world

Wild theories are always fun XD Mine too.

The only thing that we've been told so far about the Blank Century is through Robin's flashback. Assuming the scholars were correct, all we can say for sure is that there was an ancient civilization (Professor Clover was about to say the name of the country, but was shot before he could) and a giant war where that civilization was wiped out. The winners of that giant war went on to become the World Government and the Tenryuubito are the descendants of the kings that brought together the original alliance that later becomes the World Government.

Personally, my theory on the D's is that they actually have some sort of bloodline (or spiritual, who knows) connection to the lost kingdom, the one that was wiped out. I think in the same way that the Tenryuubito were the descendants of the kings of the victors, the people with the Will of D are linked to some sort of heritage from the Blank Century.

Course, that's just me XD

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the ancient weapon exist in various places of the world, but the location is not known to anyone from government, at least. Because Raftel is unreachable by anyone except Roger and crew (as far as we know), i think the further dwelling about the weapons is also unreachable by the world government. In contrary, imo Roger's knowledge about the ancient weapon (like mentioned by Shiki) supports that a few of his crew (as in pirates) may have known a little bit about their mysteries. As Rayleigh said "we found out the entire history...", it may indicate also that someone must be knowledgeable enough in poneglyph (rio poneglyph??) to activate the ancient weapons by some means of bluetooth (spiritual link, magic link, DF link, poneglink?). And this i think, more or less, will play a role in Robin's ability boost near the end of the manga. For example:

"San Juan Wolf laughed and prepared to stomp the strawhat beneath his gargantuan feet, to stop them from getting further away to the last secret passage of Raftel. But something bizarre was happening. Robin through her color of observation haki saw a part of rio poneglyph, and she was surprised as the code of "insert-some-cool-phrase-here" (i.e. Judicator) etching into her brain. She used the spiritual link and summons through a stargate, Poseidon itself.

chapter 4991: Poseidon Robin vs San Juan Wolf."

Speculation inside speculation ^^

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

XD <3

But I agree. What would be interesting is if the Rio Poneglyph did act as some sort of activation or restraining switch for the weapons. Chaos abounds. Whoo.

On the subject of the weapons though, just based off of the names, I'm assuming there's at least one more.

Pluton (Pluto), Poseidon, and Zeus. The three brother gods from Greek mythology (Pluto is the Roman name for Hades, god of the underworld). I figure since Oda's carried the mythology naming system that far might as well use the last name too, which leaves Zeus.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dikwetz View Post
    There's definitely something big around OP's geography.

The weather, the magnetic fields etc... are so strange that the blank century must have been a huge clash between immense powers.

Perhaps OP history involved an almighty ancient being (the Devil, called 'the D'?) who ruled the world, wrecking everything around him. Some guys (the kings/world gov) could have fought him with huge 'ancient weapons', each named after a God. Then the Devil's powers went all over the world inside devil fruits.

Perhaps BB would be able to gather all these powers, to become 'the D' again, finally robbing Luffy from his own, the SH would reach Rough Tell, each of them would find how to resurrect an ancient weapon fitting their style.. er well, you see what I mean^^

A few people in the world would know all about the past, especially about 'the D', all of them were Roger's crew, as stated by Rayleigh. Even Kureha could have been part of this crew then.. hmmm

Anyway I'm most likely wrong, since my theory fails to explain why guys already have 'D' in their name, but this is quite fun
    You know that sound like it could happen in some rubish Shounen, but not in one piece!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Be nice. Everyone's entitled to wild theories. One Piece's strongest point is its unpredictability, so regardless of whether we're wrong or right, throwing theories out helps people think of more possibilities and keep conversations going.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Welll the wild theory I liked the most was one in wich the Gorosei were the Straw Hats, that Time travelled to the past, I quite liked that one!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

XD I know that one, it certainly made me laugh. Though the issue I have with that more than the absurdity is the fact that the numbers don't match up. There's only five (Gorousei meaning Five Elder Stars) and the Straw Hats supposedly haven't even finished collecting all their members. The popular theory being that there will be 1-2 more members due to Luffy saying that he wanted 10 members in his crew. Although there's already a thread for predictions about future crew members, so I won't start on that again.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dikwetz View Post
    There's definitely something big around OP's geography.

The weather, the magnetic fields etc... are so strange that the blank century must have been a huge clash between immense powers.

Perhaps OP history involved an almighty ancient being (the Devil, called 'the D'?) who ruled the world, wrecking everything around him. Some guys (the kings/world gov) could have fought him with huge 'ancient weapons', each named after a God. Then the Devil's powers went all over the world inside devil fruits.

Perhaps BB would be able to gather all these powers, to become 'the D' again, finally robbing Luffy from his own, the SH would reach Rough Tell, each of them would find how to resurrect an ancient weapon fitting their style.. er well, you see what I mean^^

A few people in the world would know all about the past, especially about 'the D', all of them were Roger's crew, as stated by Rayleigh. Even Kureha could have been part of this crew then.. hmmm

Anyway I'm most likely wrong, since my theory fails to explain why guys already have 'D' in their name, but this is quite fun
    D standing for Devil sounds plausible after the 3D2Y business. Seems like roman letters in OP stand for English words. Then again... Dragon Devil Monkey?!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member El-Thor's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

D can stand for Determined ! Cuz all the Ds are so Determined to Get to ONE PIECE

But if anything is related to the Void Century, it's the Devil Fruits. The devil fruits were used by the strongest warriors of the time and all that jazz. But HOW they were made is a complete mystery. Leave it to Oda to razzle dazzle us

Devil Fruits I want to see in OP : Tako Tako no Mi : Model Giant Octopus | Mythical Zoan : Model Griffin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just looking at some old chapters and had an idea..... I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, (sorry if it has) but I noticed elder nyon saying the last queen of the kuja died because of love and it made me wonder....what if the last queen was Portgas D. Rouge.....at least it would fit the description.

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ecobot's Avatar
    Country
    Aland Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

I Read through the post and It was like watching LOST lol. We will never know what Master Oda got in his mind, to your theory, I remember somewhere in manga itself there's a mention of ancient weapon "Poseidon" giving the name, it's really might be something that could change geography of the world (Full of water) and maybe It's the "D" that "Build" Raftel in the last attempt to hide some "Secret" but I'm sure someone would already state this, so sorry to bring it up.
    Another thing I would really like to say is that Raftel is protected by a Kraken like creature (Ridicurous)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I always wondered what "D" stands for. Robin gives off the impression that she knows what it means. But I always thought that the "D" was for individuals that are messengers of change. Kinda lame- I know. I am not completely happy with this theory, but oh well. D for the rulers of the ancient civilization is also a good theory.

I know that we find out about "D" eventually, so I am not too worried about it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I was riding @Antares theory,and while i didn't agree with the end of it the post,the Robin part realy capture my attention.'cause i think as well that she plays a major part to uncover the past history.And that why she's a treat to government.

From the first time we heard about poneglyphs to now,they've been found by pure coincidence(skypiea)or by way to long year of search(Alabaska).So that's where i believe that Robin's haki comes to scene.Not to summons ancient wapons like some might believe(since i think that poneglyphs are more like stones with information about the pass including the will the D story and also about wapons locations or information about how to make them),but to locate the poneglyphs.Such an ability can become realy handy.
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

i m too lazy to read all the replys so :

Isnt it possible that the navy submerged the world in water instead to increase the area for their jurisdiction ??And the void centry thingy indicates the navy doing so and taking control/influence over WG then onwards .

I mean so Gold D Rogers found out and hence he was named so dangerous and thats y the navy was after the guy so badly [who knows it might be those high aristrocrates or what ever that did that for odd reasons] Maybe the WG just wanted to be able to deal with Devil fruit users more easily or something .

Of course the big big problem is the MAYBE

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I kinda like the idea that the Navy submerged the world in water (global warming? jk).

I wonder if the origin of DF have to do with the void century of the fall of the ancient civilization. Maybe the DF are a byproduct of the fall of the civilization. Just speculating.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast