Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Who is the most idiotic of the SH crew?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Straw Hat Luffy

31 52.54%
  • Pirate Hunter Roronoa Zoro

11 18.64%
  • Cat Burglar Nami

1 1.69%
  • The King Of The Snipers Sogeking

4 6.78%
  • Black Leg Sanji

1 1.69%
  • Cotton Candy Lover Chopper

11 18.64%
  • Demon Child Nico Robin

1 1.69%
  • Cyborg Franky

1 1.69%
  • Humming Brook

11 18.64%
  • Usopp

11 18.64%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Most Idiotic?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity elitefox's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Nuts Most Idiotic?

From one piece wiki:

Straw Hat Luffy
    As the captain of the crew, Luffy has been recognized by the World Government as the most dangerous person of the Straw Hats. Originally, due to Luffy being a relatively new pirate, the Government didn't pay much attention to him. However, with each new outrageous exploit Luffy and his crew achieved, the Government's view on Luffy grew.
    First bounty: 30,000,000 for defeating the top pirates of East Blue.
    Second bounty: 100,000,000 for defeating Crocodile of the Shichibukai.
    Third bounty: 300,000,000 for defeating Blueno and Rob Lucci of the CP9, for orchestrating the assault on Enies Lobby, and for declaring war against the World Government.

Pirate Hunter Roronoa Zoro
    Recognized as a powerful fighter within the Straw Hats through his battles with various opponents, Zoro was given a bounty by the World Government with just as much recognition as Luffy in terms of being a powerful threat.
    First bounty: 60,000,000 for defeating 100 bounty hunters and Daz Bones.
    Second bounty: 120,000,000 for his involvement with his fellow Straw Hats in the Enies Lobby incident.

Cat Burglar Nami
    For her involvement with her fellow crew members in Enies Lobby, Nami was recognized as a threat by the World Government and was given a bounty of 16,000,000. While most of the other Straw Hats are impressed at having bounties, Nami however in particular doesn't like being a wanted person. Her picture was taken under the false pretense of a reporter wanting to do an article, hence the sexy pose.

The King Of The Snipers Sogeking
    For his involvement with his fellow crew members in Enies Lobby, especially setting fire to the World Government flag and sniping off marines on the Bridge of Hesitation, Usopp was recognized as a threat by the World Government and was given a bounty of 30,000,000. Due to Usopp disguising himself as Sogeking at the time, the authorities attributed Usopp's bounty to his Sogeking persona. While most people easily recognize Usopp as Sogeking, Luffy, Chopper, and the people of Usopp's village (with the exception of Kaya and the former Usopp Pirates) don't recognize that they are both the same person.

Black Leg Sanji
    For his involvement with his fellow crew members in Enies Lobby, Sanji was recognized as a threat by the World Government and was given a bounty of 77,000,000. However, because Attachan of the Marines accidentally left the lens cap on his camera, a proper picture of Sanji was not taken and a crude drawing that barely looks like him was instead used to represent Sanji. This along with other incidents involving the picture, are part of a running gag of how Sanji has bad luck involving his bounty recognition.

Cotton Candy Lover Chopper
    Due to being mistaken for a pet and not much of a threat, the World Government gave Chopper a measly 50 bounty.

Demon Child Nico Robin
    While a cover story was given to the general public to explain Robin's initial bounty, the actual reason though was because the World Government saw her being able to read Poneglyphs as a threat to world safety. After joining up with the Straw Hats however, the Government's view of her became more genuine.
    First bounty: 79,000,000 for sinking six Buster Call battleships (in truth, for her ability to read Poneglyphs).
    Second bounty: 80,000,000 for her involvement with her fellow Straw Hats in the Enies Lobby incident.

Cyborg Franky
    While his gang's involvement in the invasion of Enies Lobby was covered up, Franky's own involvement with the Straw Hats however was recognized. For that and for burning the blueprints for Pluton he was given a bounty of 44,000,000.

Humming Brook
    In his previous life, Brook had gained a bounty of 33,000,000 for piracy. This bounty and the picture accompanying it were issued fifty years ago, so it is unknown how his current status would affect it.
    CLEANED

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most Idiotic?

I'm not sure that I necessarily follow the premise of this thread. Is this thread about the intelligence of each Mugiwara pirate, or is this thread about the bounties of each of them?

If the thread is about the intelligence of the pirates, perhaps it would be more prudent to discuss your thoughts on each of them in that regard rather than their bounties.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OdaForPresident's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he means who is the most silly, crazy, loud, stupid one of the lot.

For me thats 'may I see your panties' Brook.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OdaForPresident View Post
    I think he means who is the most silly, crazy, loud, stupid one of the lot.

For me thats 'may I see your panties' Brook.
    Yep, maybe I need to rephrase the title

Now, What will be the appropriate title?
    CLEANED

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OdaForPresident's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

hmm, difficult one. maybe just crazy in stead of idiotic? or just do both.

I'm a bit surprised about the lack of votes Franky is getting. After all he's a speedo wearing cyborg that just blew up an island.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OdaForPresident View Post
    hmm, difficult one. maybe just crazy in stead of idiotic? or just do both.

I'm a bit surprised about the lack of votes Franky is getting. After all he's a speedo wearing cyborg that just blew up an island.
    lol, you didn't vote for him too

Well I guess Luffy is on top since even in battle, he can make hilarious scenes that makes the enemy think "Is he serious or he is joking?"

Zoro as well since he cannot find the right way, maybe it is a symbolism but for now it is an idiocy for me
    CLEANED

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member PaPiPuPePo~'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

for me is it all XD
    but luffy no one can beat him
    im watching all the epi once again
    and now iam right now Skypia arc and omg luffy XD and Zoro both are really stupid o,o Luffy: south is warmer Zoro: right XD
    and luffy in the stomach of the snake Omg i forgot all those scenes XD
    So for me is it LUFFFFFFFY XD
    luffy is just awesome
    Nami: it pains so much to say he is our captain
    Gan Fall: this is the ending of the world
    Aisa: that can be what a idiot
    xD thats why luffy is awesome he is not acting like a captain sometimes xD
    there is so much with luffy wow o.o

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It is either Luffy or Brook. Chopper is only naive and Zoro is sleepy. The other ones are clearly not here opponents to be reckoned with.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

They all act stupidly in some form or another..... except robin who merely laughs about it. Nami was imprisoned by the floating island guys and not a fraction of a second had gone by before she actually proceeded to steal everything again and kidnap the old man. Franky blew up an entire island in a not so strange surge of stupidity. Zoro's calm and cool exterior is but a facade for a man who would not be capable of walking down a straight road.... Sanji is a degenerate who loses a braincell every time he spots a woman. Chopper can't keep his thoughts to himself, he is basically a baby doctor. Brook is somewhere in between sanji and zoro, both a degenerate and a moron. Ussop.... unlike other manga characters, he is constantly stupid with sudden surges of intelligence rather than the other way around... And luffy... good old mentally challenged luffy....

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity DARK's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My analysis on the Straw Hat Pirates.

Luffy
    He is not the smartest tool in the shed. His first instinct in any given situation is to eat meat. Luffy does not comprehend the word "discrete" at all; even when he was warned by Hatchan to not attack the Tenryuubito, especially in fear that an Admiral will be immediately summoned, he followed with his emotions and did not hesitate one bit. Ultimately his attack on Saint Carloss is what separated him from his crew. Luffy was one of the few people who believed that Sogeking was a person distinct from Usopp.

Zoro
    Perhaps Zoro's biggest sign of idiocy is his bad sense of direction. Basically, Zoro has no idea where he is going. Even if the point of destination seems obvious and straightforward, Zoro will still mess up and end up back to the place where he started.

Nami
    She is one of the more rational members of the group, although prone to a few outbursts here and there. Nami has let her arrogance get the better of her in quite a few number of situations. She entered a battlefield with dangerous assassins with something no less impressive than a parlor trick (Clima-Tact). I wouldn't call Nami an idiot at all. She is shown to be very intelligent, creating maps and is shown to be a navigational prodigy.

Usopp
    On the surface, Usopp may be the goofiest member of the entire crew. Usopp often enters a situation where his physical strength and weaponry are inadequate, and as a result, often runs away in cowarcy when things don't end his way. Usopp may be looked down upon because of his physical impairments compared to the rest of his crew. He is not shown to be (as) intelligent as Nami or Robin, and goofiness can be interpreted as idiocy. Regardless, Usopp knows his own limits, and often suffers under the impression that he is not good enough to be a member of a crew of people that constantly improve themselves.

Sanji
    If a wacky demeanor can be interpreted as being an idiot, Sanji is definitely very high up there. Sanji is shown fawning over several women, including his own crewmates Nami and Robin. He is constantly beaten down as a result of his obsessions. Although his debaucheries haven't deteriorated his worth as a fighter, there has been one occassion where Sanji acted on impulse in battle. During the raid on Enies Lobby, Sanji ended up fighting Kalifa, a female member of CP9. Sanji's code of ethic to not attack a woman led to his downfall, undermining Kalifa's prowess as an assassin. So, yeah, Sanji could have trouble handling opponents that happen to be female and attractive.

Chopper
    He is shown to be goofy along with several other members of the crew, which can be interpreted as being idiotic. Chopper is one of the more intelligent members of the crew, and is shown to be very studious and loyal. Although he is inexperienced and naive, that is to be expected from his age. Chopper is very serious when the situation calls it, especially in battle. However, there have been situations where Chopper was willing to put his body, mind, and the safety of his friends at risk to defeat a powerful opponent. This, being, Monster Point. Even after being warned by Dr. Kureha to never consume 3 Rumble Balls in a 6-hour period, Chopper still acted because he believed that by doing so, he can defeat Kumadori. Chopper is naive and inexperienced, but that shouldn't be interpreted as being an idiot. Being goofy is an end result of his young age.

Robin
    Need I say anything about her? Robin is the most serious and emotionless member of the crew. There is hardly a time where Robin is shown to act goofy. Robin is staunchly loyal to the members on her crew, although she (understandably) initially was unable to trust them. Most of Robin's decisions are either to protect her self interests, and later, to protect the Straw Hats. Even after the Enies Lobby incident, Robin is not shown to make any stupid decisions.

Franky
    In terms of being goofy, Franky is right up there on the top. He is often shown doing stupid poses, even in the midst of the most serious situations. Does this mean he is idiotic? Well, Franky is not the best at making decisions (he doesn't wear pants). When he is shown to be pressured, Franky acts according to what he believes to be right, even if it is foolish. Franky believed that he, as a human, could have stopped a train going at 20-30 mph with his own body, in an attempt to rescue Tom. He burned the blueprints to the Pluton that CP9 have desperately been searching for, live in front of several hundred Marines. Franky was willing to put himself in danger for people whom he had only met a few days back, and his actions have stirred the attention of the WG and a bounty. Franky acts on impulse more often than most of the other Straw Hats.

Brook
    His goofy demeanor takes it up a notch, especially when he asks several girls for their panties. Although his obsession is not quite on Sanji's level, Brook's actions stir up a beating from Nami time to time. Brook often makes jokes, referencing his skeletal body, and how he does not seem to have several organs. Similar to several other Straw Hats, Brook can be serious and cunning when he wants to be. Brook was the one who discovered the weakness to Moria's shadow technique, albeit it took five years to figure out. At the end of the day, Brook's first priority is to protect the well being of his crewmates and to reunite with Laboon at Reverse Mountain.

It's hard to determine the most idiotic person of a crew of knuckleheads. In terms of idiocy, I would have to go far as to say that Luffy is the most idiotic member of the crew. Franky comes at a close second, and both characters are shown to act solely on impulse rather than intelligence. Luffy and Franky's actions have stirred up quite a lot of backlash, both on and off the battlefield.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Niirouge's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol, I wasn't sure on what you meant by the "most idiotic" so I picked Chopper for his naivety and overt belief/trust in Usopp's lies

If we're choosing based on how a character's idiocy can be humorous, then I'd pick Luffy Otherwise, I can't think of many other interpretations that would suit the rest of the characters... Except perhaps Zoro's absurd sense of direction :P

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

For me Usopp is clearly the most idiotic character in the crew. Especially sometimes his lies are so idiotic that you want not only to laugh, but to cry)) But sometimes his idiocy helps him, like with Sogeking.
    Also, yes Zoro's sense of direction is a bit idiotic. And also sometimes Luffy and Chopper can't understand that Usopp is Sogeking But anyway Usopp takes the first plase in my idiocy list of this manga.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    For me Usopp is clearly the most idiotic character in the crew. Especially sometimes his lies are so idiotic that you want not only to laugh, but to cry))
    Chopper is the one that bites all that bullshit.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

19. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes But he is a child, so it's not that difficult for him to believe. Like when children believe in Santa. In fact, Luffy also believes sometimes in Usopp's bullshit.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ooblahh's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Chopper is pretty intelligent and has a vast amount of medical knowledge. But he is gullible and it's funny how he can believe that the SHs changed so much in the 2 years, that he thinks the fakes are real. I don't really think that counts as idiocy.
    I voted for Luffy, as he actually is pretty stupid when it comes to common sense and general knowledge. But that's why we love him, and that's why One Piece is such a great manga.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast