Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Yammy still alive?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member pongy's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Yammy still alive?

Seriously, I have no idea why is Yammi still kept alive by Kubo. Espada no.9,8,7,6,5 have all bitten the dust, so what can a no.10 do now? I mean.. he was getting pwned by Ichigo's Bankai.. Will we really expect to see him come back with a power-up of some sort? If not, will Urahara just finish him off in 3 pages or what? I still see no point in keeping him alive up till now. And we don't even know his whereabouts as he wasn't involved in the SS Captains vs. Espada 3,2,1 fight and Las Noches fight. What are your thoughts?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member EvolutionIX's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: So.. what will Yammi do now..?

He hasnt released yet...unless he cant.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Starky-08's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Either he's off training, and comes back quite powerful, or he betrays aizen and becomes a good dude and goes to attack Ulquiorra, or he's smart enough to know he wont survive and ends up being the last Espada alive, and doesent die at all.

Click Image to Join
    I'm in need of members! and Mods!

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

The fact yammi isn't shown for a while might be reason he'll play an important role on a certain moment. I don't know when, how and why but don't count this guy out yet. Maybe he isn't in HM and SS atm but somewhere else

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I somehow got the feeling that he will save Ulquiorra in his fight against Ichigo against a most likely fatal attack.....though it's quite random XD

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe Yammi can defeat bankai Ichigo. When Yammi first came with Ulquiorra, Ulquiorra wasn't worried about Yammi fighting bankai Ichigo. Yammi was just being stupid and underestimating Ichigo and lost an arm. If Ulquiorra thought Yammi was in danger of bankai Ichigo, he would have stepped in the same way he stepped in to stop Urahara's blast from hurting Yammi.

Anyway, it's possible that Yammi is in Soul Society. Who is left in Soul Society to protect it? I think the strongest person left in Soul Society right now is probably Nanao. Easy pickings for Yammi.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think bankai ichigo should be able to defeat released yami, unless his bankai is degraded to the level of a shikai and his mask is ichigo's new bankai. During ichigo's fight with yami, ichigo was barely in control and his energy was fluctuating like hell and yet he was able to slice yami like if he was butter.
    Rukia miraculously defeated the number the number 9 espada and grants was almost killed by ishida when he used that explosion thing.

I think one of two things might happen with yami:
    1.- He will appear during ichigo's fight with ulquiorra and gets a short moment to shine. Later on he die's just as easily as he started shining.
    2.- Yami is not strong enough to fight any of the captains in hueco mundo so e most likely will fight chad, ishida, rukia and renji and be defeated.
    Last edited by kkck; July 20, 2008 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hossice's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    1.- He will appear during ichigo's fight with ulquiorra and gets a short moment to shine. Later on he die's just as easily as he started shining.
    2.- Yami is not strong enough to fight any of the captains in hueco mundo so e most likely will fight chad, ishida, rukia and renji and be defeated.
    ishida isn't with them remember.

and hinamori is still there at soul society. and squad 0.

yammi will most likly appear before the vizards somehow and get wipped out by someone hopefully someone other than shinji or hiyori. or i think the friends vs. exq. cuz there is 3 of em. so 2 vs yammi an 1 vs. exq. captain. will he have a release or not? i hope so so he is in a game at least.

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I think bankai ichigo should be able to defeat released yami, unless his bankai is degraded to the level of a shikai and his mask is ichigo's new bankai. During ichigo's fight with yami, ichigo was barely in control and his energy was fluctuating like hell and yet he was able to slice yami like if he was butter.
    Rukia miraculously defeated the number the number 9 espada and grants was almost killed by ishida when he used that explosion thing.
    <hr noshade size="1">
    To be fair, Ishida used a powerful attack that contained concentrated reiatsu and Szayel still survived it. Aaroniero was only killed because he let himself be open and from what I see, all you have to do is break the glass tube holding Aaroniero's heads to beat him. That's not that hard to do with a sword.

You should go back to the Yammi vs Ichigo thing. The reiatsu fluctuating was due to the hollow. I'm talking about just bankai Ichigo, not Vizard/Hollow-bankai Ichigo. Ulquiorra made fun of Yammi because Yammi was dumb enough to underestimate Ichigo and lost an arm. Ulquiorra even said that if Yammi just took time to sense his opponent's reiatsu, the arm thing wouldn't have happened.

Furthermore, we know that Ulquiorra will step in if he thinks Yammi is in trouble and cannot handle his opponent (he did so when Urahara showed up), so why do you think Ulquiorra didn't budge when Yammi was standing against regular bankai Ichigo? Because he knows Yammi is strong enough (unreleased) to take on normal bankai Ichigo.

Of course this doesn't mean much now that Ichigo uses his mask for every battle.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member vongola_x's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking that he's going to run into one of the Captains or perhaps even Ishida (depending on the current state of his body). I wouldn't be too surprised if he somehow ends up fighting Urahara again soon (as I'm predicting that the latter will be entering Hueco Mundo soon to retrieve our heroes).

"To flourish or to perish... that is up to you, Vongola Decimo."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hyn_pride93's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Yammi will either fight against Unohana or Urahara. I bet he really wants to fight against Urahara because of how bad he made him look. To me, I think that Kubo has planned something fun to do with Yammi. I just can't put my finger on it, but I think that Yammi has been powered up.

~ Flames of Aries ~

pjboom

there's only one thing left to do for him, to die.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yammi just needs to leave his tower in HM and go out and look for someone to fight. Probably piss off the wrong shinigami and then get pwned before you know it.

~ Flames of Aries ~

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner thepat10456's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok hold on are yall really trying to say you think yammi is strong.... First with the ichigo thing Ulquiorra didnt jump in cause he was watching ichigo to see how stong ichigo was, ichigo was going to kill yammi, yammi couldn't touch him, he just lost control which gave yammi the upper hand, but look wat happen yoruichi joined the fight she beat him easy, yes she was hurt by his iron skin but she said that was her fault. now about the number 9 espada the only reason rukia had a hard time with him cause because he was playing on her regrets and that how he got her so open to attacks if it was a straight out fight i think she would of won with out all that damage done to her. ending yammi is weak and thinks he is strong but wall wat happens is ppl keep beating on him lol

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the only reason we're saying that he's stronger now is because we haven't seen him for like ever now.

The Captains are in HM and all the weak espada are dead. Yammi is the only left that we have yet to see in HM to die yet. SO there has to be some sort of reason for why Kubo is keeping him around. And one of those reasons could be because he gained some sort of power up before Aizen left.

I don't think he's the type to back down, so hiding isn't an option.

~ Flames of Aries ~

New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast