Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: One Piece Playground Hangout Thread

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kaiser Will's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece One Piece Playground Hangout Thread

Hi!!!

I'm here to officially open the One Piece Playground Board, and to start it's Hangout thread.

One Piece Hangout Thread

But what's the Hangout thread for, you may ask?

Think that this thread is like a Mega Convo, but not with plot related subjects. Here you can discuss everything with carefree topics and discussions.
    Also just start a thread in the Playground when the topic can make a good discussion. If not, how about you stop here and share your opinion/theory about your wild thoughts.

* You can make plot related topics/discussions here but only if your thought
    /theory/opinion don't have a solid base or anything that have a precedent on the story.

Remember that each OP Board has it own designated topic/subject.
    In here, everything that don't fit there should be made here. It's a matter of exclusion. Don't forget to read the One Piece Revamp Thread to see what is to be discussed in each board.

Since this is a Hangout, let's have a lot of fun here. Make your mind go crazy here
    , everything that pops in your mind is welcomed here. Don't feel embaressed, just let it go. Come here and make yourself at home.

Now enter in One Piece World of fun!
    Last edited by Kaiser Will; September 06, 2010 at 09:00 PM.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member El-Thor's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece Hangout Thread

I WILL START !!

Shouldn't Buggy know where OP is hidden? Since he was there with Gol ?

Devil Fruits I want to see in OP : Tako Tako no Mi : Model Giant Octopus | Mythical Zoan : Model Griffin

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps buggy does know everything about that but:

1.- There is nothing for him to gain for revealing what he knows. Perhaps he was ordered not to talk or roger managed to keep the nature of one piece hidden from his crew.
    2.- He is nowhere near strong enough to get there. He can sail the first half of the GL no problem due to his experience but that probably will not be the case for the second half. Perhaps experience alone is not enough for the second half and a single average NW could obliterate him without breaking a sweat. What could he do against everything the NW can throw at him? Even luffy's crew, each member most likely being stronger than buggy, simply did not have the caliber to even get there. There there is the weather in the NW. Odds are the weather there is so hostile that normal ships can't even sail there. And what about sailing the actual sea? We have seen some pretty brutal stuff in the first half, the second one should be many times worst. Even crews like that of WB should have hard times there.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just ate some tangerines. Whatever happened to Nami liking them

Devil Fruits I want to see in OP : Tako Tako no Mi : Model Giant Octopus | Mythical Zoan : Model Griffin

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they don't grow in Grand Line. Or they're very expensive.

Maybe Buggy doesn't want the One Piece. Maybe Roger was trolling everyone, One Piece is really a jack in the box hidden in a treasure chest in Raftel. Or it's another pirate trapped in a chest, like from the beginning of the series. Buggy knows what's up and is staying the hell away. Maybe One Piece isn't a treasure, just getting to Raftel will make you the Pirate King, and with it more power than any treasure can confer. Like kkck said, Buggy probably isn't strong enough to navigate the new world and knows it. Then again, his ego is big enough to believe he is.
    Last edited by Kaiten; September 08, 2010 at 09:51 PM.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a random thought that I would like to share: I would really want to see a Fishmen with a Zoan df ability. It would be pathetic and silly but hella amusing imho.

Imagine if we had like a ray wing-fishmen with Kaku's Ushi Ushi no Mi, Model: Giraffe! hahahaha! It would be cool if Oda drew a fishmen with a zoan fruit ability in a SBS just for lolz. ^__^

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece Playground Hangout Thread

Hmmm that gives me an idea... maybe I'll try to sketch something like that (I suck at drawing but w/e ! )

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Buggy-Sama has the new NW recruits so I don't think it's that bad for him if he does go into the New World. He was an apprentice with Shanks on Roger's ship. Put the stupidity and "weaknesses" aside, the dude still is confident and focussed when it comes to his objectives/goals. I think he'll do better than several of the SN's tbh.

I'm just waiting for the "confirmation" from the WG invitation before I believe/judge or say anything else in regards to Buggy's current potential and future accomplishments.

@ El-Thor - Use MSpaint or another paint-program and give us a rough sketch of how it might look like lol.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ~Buggy*Fly~ View Post
    Buggy-Sama has the new NW recruits so I don't think it's that bad for him if he does go into the New World. He was an apprentice with Shanks on Roger's ship. Put the stupidity and "weaknesses" aside, the dude still is confident and focussed when it comes to his objectives/goals. I think he'll do better than several of the SN's tbh.

I'm just waiting for the "confirmation" from the WG invitation before I believe/judge or say anything else in regards to Buggy's current potential and future accomplishments.

@ El-Thor - Use MSpaint or another paint-program and give us a rough sketch of how it might look like lol.
    Right now what buggy has is mostly military might. He has roughly 150 prisoners from various levels. Level 5 prisoners are people who should be pretty much held in the same regard as supernovas (bounties above 100 mil) so having a few of them with him would make a huge difference. If buggy has level 4 and 3 prisoners with him then we are talking about a number of people who are in the league of mr 1 and mr 2, so that would be a pretty big deal. Level 1 and 2 prisoners aren't a big deal in itself but if the weakest members of such a large crew are comparable to buggy or mr 3 in strength then the crew has quite a bit of power. There is also a real chance a number of them are fruit users. Even though the crew clearly lacks individual exceptionally powerful members (comparable to the supernova at most which is still basically fodder, even the actual supernova are not seen as threats but rather as people who have a slight chance of becoming threats) but in turn if buffy does manage to unify them properly and organize them then they would be a significantly powerful crew. I daresay the crew as a whole would actually be more powerful than any supernova crew at the moment. His sheer numbers of moderately powerful crewmembers could indeed give him a fighting chance in the NW, what buggy has going for him is quite good. That said, for buggy to scape with his crew from marineford, I would think he had to steal a battleship. If he did, then he has quite a sturdy and powerful weapon with him, much better than his previous ship. I doubt he'd lack the capacity to deal with NW weather conditions.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't comparing the ID prisoners to a SN.. more like Buggy himself. He has greater experience across the whole of the GL compared to the SN's which one should consider as a greater advantage atm. I guess he may still need a decent navigator though; I don't think it's ever been revealed who the Navigator is within his crew!? As a whole, yeah the crew could hold their own against other pirate crews. How far can they succeed in the NW is questionable and atm I can't see them facing off with the likes of a Yonkou ally or a worthy/respectable NW Pirate crew that have made a "name for themselves".

I think Buggy needs a few more crewmates before he can travel the NW again imho.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay here's a sketch of that Stingray fishman with the Ushi Ushi no Mi

Lol it's pretty lame but it was actually fun sketching. Also, his eyes are supposed be on top and bulge out like a stingray.

Spoiler: sketch show

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kaiser Will's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Lmao, looks like one the drawings that Luffy made along the series.

Edit: Quick question, why take so long for someone post in here?
    This is supposed to be a fun place.

BTW thanks El-Thor for starting.
    Last edited by Kaiser Will; September 09, 2010 at 08:46 AM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

haha I love it, El-Thor! It's definitely a very good attempt. I might sketch/design one and see how it goes. If I do, I'll definitely post it in here. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Will View Post
    Edit: Quick question, why take so long for someone post in here?
    This is supposed to be a fun place.
    It takes time. It's still a brand new section; I'm sure it'll grow and become more active in the coming weeks.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha thanks guys ! Yeah, definitely make a sketch, we can then all send our ideas to Oda sensei ! HAHAH

Oooof, my sore throat isn't making things easier on me..

EDIT : Re-watching Water 7 and god damn is Usopp a baka ! No no no , he's a Baka x100. I really hate him - _ -

Ahhhh... opera and one piece... *tear*
    Last edited by El-Thor; September 11, 2010 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member p1xel's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol,nice El-thor,funny sketch^^
    Yeah,this section needs more ppl,but one piece is popular,so don`t worry^^
    Who thinks that Luffy will ever get the Fourth Gear?Now its all about Haki,so I don`t think that he will have time to upgrade his Gears.
    So,discuss guys^^

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast