Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: One Piece Playground Hangout Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece Playground Hangout Thread

Just a random thought, wouldn't someone be screwed if they ate a Fish Fish no Mi DF? Because it's supposed that it gives you good swimming abilitis¡es as a fish, but since DF users can't swim, then it's mostly useless, right?

Also, could a Swim Swim no Mi exist (or something similar)? Or it would break the DF rules?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by p1xel View Post
    Lol,nice El-thor,funny sketch^^
    Yeah,this section needs more ppl,but one piece is popular,so don`t worry^^
    Who thinks that Luffy will ever get the Fourth Gear?Now its all about Haki,so I don`t think that he will have time to upgrade his Gears.
    So,discuss guys^^
    Well in One piece there is always time for someone to upgrade their powers. Its not like naruto where fans are so used to seeing the characters train and acquire their powers that when the character actually does something that was never shown to the viewer, they start calling it an ass pull. In one piece, cause there has never and will never be a training arc where we actually watch the characters gain a new ability, we know luffy could gain a new ability at any time like his gears. It happened with in the water 7 arc. Ofcourse, for something like a new gear, how he gained it would need to be explained which is what luffy did. So as for him gaining a new gear, luffy can gain a new gear anytime like inbetween islands and he can then show it in a later fight and maybe explain it.

I do think a new gear would be added simply to keep things interesting. Like some said in the past, haki wont change anybody's fighting style so in order to show something new rather than the same attacks but with haki, a couple new gears would probably be added.
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member El-Thor's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is probably the most awesome OP wallpaper I've ever seen and thought I'd share with you guys/gals.

http://wall.alphacoders.com/big.php?i=84631

Devil Fruits I want to see in OP : Tako Tako no Mi : Model Giant Octopus | Mythical Zoan : Model Griffin

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

About the Buggy question... I think that he just don't know about the One Piece, I mean, he was a recruit.
    Maybe he and Shanks entered the crew just after Roger reached Raftel, or maybe just the main crewmates were there, whit the recruits and fodders waiting one island before.
    I think that if he knew, he would have tried to get there many times already(he's kind like Nami in money matters lol).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

From being there one time, Buggy knows how hard it is to get there, and so he knows that he is not ready!

About Gears, I really do hope that we will get a gear 4th, I mean wouldn't it be cool if we were all waiting for Luffy to use Haki against his first enemy, and then he would simply say "Gear...

...forth"´
    And end the chapter!
    It would be just epic!
    Last edited by beastboy; September 17, 2010 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member damane08's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

About the Buggy question:

Lets assume that he knows all about Raftel and One Piece; what could he do? His crew was decimated by the SH early in the series, that's not a crew that was strong enough to survive in the GL much less the NW... BUT he has some really strong guys with him now that believe in him unconditionally (the suckers lol) and there are a lot of them so who knows what he'll try to do now.

All i know is that we'll see Buggy as a big shot the next time we see him (cuz he's just a funny guy, i was pretty happy that Oda brought him back)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanna see a One Piece fighting game... mainly because since it is One Piece it means you can't simply just give every character a slight variation of the same moves...

You remember DBZ Budokai Tekahichi 3 with about 180 charaters... Imagine 100 One Piece Charaters all using their own abilities, and no recycled moves(which was the only problem with DBZ and Naruto games)
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member El-Thor's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Fighting game would be fun, but how awesome would a One Piece RPG be ?! Sandbox style ! *fangasm*

Devil Fruits I want to see in OP : Tako Tako no Mi : Model Giant Octopus | Mythical Zoan : Model Griffin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece RPG would be just so awesome!
    Just imagine we start lvl1 on a Blue then we do adventures on our Island, like steeling and doing missions, then we buy a Boat and start sailing towards our goal... the 1st person to reach the end of the Grind Line would be called "Pirate King" and then there would be 2 options, restart the server, or simply fight between players to decide who would be the next Pirate King!!

I just think that the missions should be about killing other PC's and not just MOB's, cause killing MOB's is not funny, xD!

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kaiser Will's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I really like the idea of One Piece getting a RPG game.
    It would be awesome. Well, the game would have to end at Sabaody, but, anyway, it would be pretty good to play.
    Imagine you kick butting Croc ass, or Lucci, and you have to make a special sequence to activate Gear 2nd.

Wow, I wanna play this game so much.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoa View Post
    About the Buggy question... I think that he just don't know about the One Piece, I mean, he was a recruit.
    Maybe he and Shanks entered the crew just after Roger reached Raftel, or maybe just the main crewmates were there, whit the recruits and fodders waiting one island before.
    I think that if he knew, he would have tried to get there many times already(he's kind like Nami in money matters lol).
    The battle of the Edd War, during the one both Buggy and Shanks were present, took place 3 years before Gol D. Roger's death, which means 2 years before the crew disbanded. The Roger Pirates took 3 years to conquer the Grand Line, which means that both Shanks and Buggy are confirmed to have taken part at least in 2 of the 3 years of the final journey of the Roger Pirates. Raftel is at the end of the Grand Line, so it was the last island to take control of in order to conquer the Grand Line. Thus they were both present when the crew reached Raftel.
    Last edited by Lord Rayleigh; September 24, 2010 at 06:22 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh View Post
    The battle of the Edd War, during the one both Buggy and Shanks were present, took place 3 years before Gol D. Roger's death, which means 2 years before the crew disbanded. The Roger Pirates took 3 years to conquer the Grand Line, which means that both Shanks and Buggy are confirmed to have taken part at least in 2 of the 3 years of the final journey of the Roger Pirates. Raftel is at the end of the Grand Line, so it was the last island to take control of in order to conquer the Grand Line. Thus they were both present when the crew reached Raftel.
    Yeah, I realized that after i read chapter 0 again and i already have posted. So i didn't want to edit the post.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GomuGomu_Getsuga's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If luffy's new bounty is 400m, how much would a yonkou's be? Over one billion?

Also, Luffy might be in the running to become a yonkou himself. If he defeats an admiral(most likely Kizaru first) he may get the title.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy is still weak against Admirals, don't expect him to defeat one in the next 100 chapters anyway.
    Let's just see how well he'll do in the NW (although, I hated the fact that he had to train for the NW, while the other Supernovas just went there, and managed to get stronger obviously...)

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe Supernovas just enhanced there physical capabilities and their DF, but Luffy not only did the same at a better level, but also mastered Haki at an incredible level, so now he can land a punch against Logias and make more significant damage to other DF users.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2