Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/1/14 - 9/7/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by cnet128 , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamamoto's Recovery

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Heat Salamance's Avatar
    Currently in EchoRidge of the Ryuusei no Rockman/Megaman Starforce World
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yamamoto's Recovery

Hi Guys! How's everything?

I was wondering if anyone else has theories of how Yamamoto is going to recover from his injuries. I mean the Vongola Tenth Gen can't be complete without their Rain, so I have a feeling that Yamamoto will some how reappear for the battle between Vongola and Shimon. I have 4 theories of how Yamamoto could recover in time for or during the match. (Though... 2 of them are kinda invalidated because of happenings in the current chapter.) things first. We should consider just how injured Yamamoto is.

We know that Yamamoto got stabbed/speared in the abdomen by Kaoru and that their was lots and lots of blood, suggesting our poor baseball nut was seriously wounded.

See here: http://www.ourmanga.com/Katekyo_Hitman_Reborn/293/15
    and here: http://www.ourmanga.com/Katekyo_Hitman_Reborn/293/16-17

That was confirmed in the following chapter when we see Yamamoto undergoing an operation with a nice big hole in his abdomen.

See here: http://www.ourmanga.com/Katekyo_Hitman_Reborn/294/07

Of course, what really says it all is the doctor's announcement that Yamamoto might NEVER walk again,

See here: http://www.ourmanga.com/Katekyo_Hitman_Reborn/295/03

and seeing that Yamamoto did NOT get stabbed in the legs, that could only mean that Yamamoto got a spinal cord injury as well as intestinal damage. I'm assuming the present time Hitman Reborn has the same technology as we do, which means they have nothing that can correct spinal damage. Maybe 10 years in the future they will, but not now.

So that leaves me with these theories as to a Yama recovery in time for the battle.

1. Reborn could heal Yamamoto with Sun flames.
    Personally, I don't see this happening, but it could. Reborn probably has the power and skill with his flames to heal a variety of injures, seeing that he is an acrobaleno. He also knows the importance of having a complete Tenth family to fight, but Reborn's never stepped in to help heal an injured before, and it doesn't seem like his character. We actually don't know much about Reborn anyway. Of course, there's also the fact that he's on the Shimon Holy land now, but I made up this theory back when they were still Japan. For all, we know, Reborn could have healed Yamamoto in secret.

2. Ryohei could heal Yamamoto with his upgraded ring...er...gear...
    I, actually, don't like this theory either, but that because Ryohei was arleady shown trying to heal Yamaomoto injuries before and failed. The difference here is that new Sun Vongola Gear would have enough power to boost the heal process. The thing is that Ryohei's skill in healing wouldn't have changed in the time between find Yamamoto and gaining the new V. Gear. (I'm too lazy to type Vongola Gear.) I doubt the Ryohei has to skill to heal nerve damage. (Yes, I know Ryohei is also on the island, but this could have done during the time it took to prepare the boats to the Shimon Holy land.)

3. Yamamoto's V. ring will become a V. Gear that will compensate for the injury.
    It could happen. As we know, the V.Gear are made to suit the X-gen vongola skills and needs. Yamamoto needs his legs to be a swordsman and a baseball player. So, it could evolve to something that will help compensate for the said injury. The thing here is that rain flames have a tranquilizing attribute, and that won't help the wound heal any faster.

And now the last and my preferred theory,

4. Yamamoto pulls a Chrome.
    Yes, you are reading right. I frankly think that this is more likely to happen, because it's has a lot more support from the manga. After all, there's only one person we know who can "heal" entire organs (along with all the nerves needed to direct said organs) with a (relatively) short amount of time. Mukuro's already replaced almost an entire organ system with Chrome. I'm pretty sure he could "fix" some nerve damage pretty easily. Of course, there's the question of why Mukuro would do this anyway. Well, why not. If he did, Mukuro would have control over one of the few Vongola X guardians he hasn't stabbed, and said guardian would be willing. The problem with this theory is whether not Yamamoto would actually agree. That's up to your opinion of him.

Well, what do you guys think of these theories? Post them up here and any others you have for Yama's recovery.

See you guys later and... BRING YAMAMOTO BACK AMANO!!! D': TT_______TT
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostexiled View Post
    There is nothing better from a reader's stand point, than to be completely wrong about what they think will happen.
    Dragons!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member daichi383's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yamamoto's Recovery

the forth option does seem like the most logical one but then again im not really bothered whether yama comes back or not. im not sure if i agree that mukuro would be able to fix spinal cord damage but everything else is plausable. i dont think he'll be back anytime soon though :P

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member noir07's Avatar
    Country
    Paraguay
    Post Thanks / Like

Or.... my preferred, he uses a wheelchair.

5. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hdiuy's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

^ You know ever since i read this thread, i have been thinking what if the 3 flying swords in the future arc is a foreshadowing that Yamamoto will be in a wheelchair. Though i think Yamamoto will recover soon.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Micronesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Heat Salamance View Post

4. Yamamoto pulls a Chrome.
    Yes, you are reading right. I frankly think that this is more likely to happen, because it's has a lot more support from the manga. After all, there's only one person we know who can "heal" entire organs (along with all the nerves needed to direct said organs) with a (relatively) short amount of time. Mukuro's already replaced almost an entire organ system with Chrome. I'm pretty sure he could "fix" some nerve damage pretty easily. Of course, there's the question of why Mukuro would do this anyway. Well, why not. If he did, Mukuro would have control over one of the few Vongola X guardians he hasn't stabbed, and said guardian would be willing. The problem with this theory is whether not Yamamoto would actually agree. That's up to your opinion of him.
    There's actually a fanfic with this plot.

btw my gut feeling tells me what kind of Vongola Gear Yama will have
    Spoiler show

But seriously, ever since the 7 Arcobalenos pull a 7 dragonball, i refuse to believe any permanent injuries or death Amano offer us. >_>
    Last edited by R4n; September 12, 2010 at 02:35 AM.

8. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member AmberRei's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope Amano will show some realism for once. Yamamoto being attacked when alone and being on the verge of death has been a POWERFUL means of growth for the main characters. I have never seen the guardians so unite as they were right before, during and after the-albeit failed-ceremony. Hey, Chrome was crying. And Hibari was 'crowding' with them even though for his own reasons-but THAT'S HOW THE CLOUD-MAN ROLLS. :| And we got SERIOUS RYOHEI and GOKUDERA CARING FOR SOMEONE OTHER THAN TSUNA. *sorry for caps, it's a weird habit of mine to stress things out. X°D* I hope he will recover NATURALLY, with medical rehabilitation. Maybe I say that because I'd love this series to be closer to a seinen. =_=

But, again, this is KHR.
    Haters to the left!

Country
    Micronesia
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Looks like a lot of people want to see KHR being 'less magical shoujo' and more 'Mario Puzo'-ish, doesn't it? But KHR is khr, it's full of magic and ass pulls. (sorry, no offense)

If you want to read seinen then you should read seinen. I can recommend you some if you want to...

I think Yamamoto will magically recover. Somehow. If Mukuro didn't make him new organ maybe Kawahira will (wild guess here, i have nothing to back it up. And i don't bother).
    I will not be surprised if Yamamoto's character development is thrown out of the windows and everybody acts like nothing happened in the end.

*runs from angry khr fans*
    Last edited by R4n; September 12, 2010 at 08:51 AM.

MH Senpai 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BianchiChrome's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello!

The first thing that I want to know with Yamamoto is that he will make full recovery. I really do not care if it is a long recovery or a short recovery just so long as there is a full recovery on the horizon. I do not like the idea of a wheelchair bound Yamamoto for a number of reasons. I believe he should get to have a neat power up like the rest of Guardians have gotten or will get in the case of Lambo and the Chrome and Mukuro duet.

The time that it takes for that to happen depends on if he is going to fight on the island with the others. I think that there are maybe 5 days until Enma's power up happens which means that Yamamoto will need to be at least somewhat battle ready in that time frame. The way I see it each time there is a fight with a member of the Shimon family the powers that they have will only get stronger. I am quite sure that Kaoru is going to be extremely powerful. It will be vital for Yamamoto to be able to fight him at at least enough power to stand up to him. I am quite sure that Kaoru will be the one that Yamamoto will fight.

Now if Yamamoto is not going to be in this fight his recovery can take as long as it needs to. However if everyone get sent to jail then he will be taken too not unless someone gets him to another location before the Vindice guards come to get him because he is a Vongola Guardian and if Tsuna and the others lose then he will join them. Unless there is a miracle doctor in the prison I don't know who would help him if he is still in the state that he is in. So I would hope that Squalo would come and help get Yamamoto to safety if he is unable to fight on the island.

In the end I believe that the impact of Yamamoto being hurt has been felt by all. I want to believe that now there can be a a gathering of everyone back together to fight the Shimon family or whoever might be lurking in the shadows.

Country
    Paraguay
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R4n View Post
    ^ Looks like a lot of people want to see KHR being 'less magical shoujo' and more 'Mario Puzo'-ish, doesn't it? But KHR is khr, it's full of magic and ass pulls. (sorry, no offense)

If you want to read seinen then you should read seinen. I can recommend you some if you want to... *

And what about the people who want to read about a disabled character who can kick ass while being disabled and pull all the uberpowerful and superhuman bullshit that all the other able shonen characters pull?

Sorry, I don't think it will kill any other fantastical shonen trope.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be kind of cruel to have Yamamoto be wheelchair-bound. Sure he should be left with some disability, but something he can at least somewhat overcome. I just hope that he (and maybe Hibari) suddenly pop out of nowhere like he(they) did just before Choice. It would be pretty different if the focus were on Tsuna, Gokudera, Ryohei and Lambo instead of the usual three (sometimes four) for once.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, this is fantasy, but the series has been touching on real ground especially with this arc. The Vongola is far from a perfect family as it has a history tainted with bloodshed: fourteen year olds are told to fight a professional assassination squad. The Simon's purpose in the story is to present the idea that Mafia and teenagers do not work well together. They let emotions dictate over their actions, and Yamamoto's injury is a consequence of that.

Mafias in KHR are not black and white. There are families like the Cavallone among those like the Estraneo.

It would be nice for Yamamoto to fully recover. Not instantly but through time; however, if what the doctor said came true and he couldn't walk again? It would be great character development, and I prefer this route better. His introductory chapter showed him contemplating suicide because he broke his arm. He said he changed... but did he really? That's what I want to know. I want to know how he'll cope with the disability considering his passions lie in the athletics.

16. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Paraguay
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    I think it would be kind of cruel to have Yamamoto be wheelchair-bound. Sure he should be left with some disability, but something he can at least somewhat overcome. I just hope that he (and maybe Hibari) suddenly pop out of nowhere like he(they) did just before Choice. It would be pretty different if the focus were on Tsuna, Gokudera, Ryohei and Lambo instead of the usual three (sometimes four) for once.
    Dude, I would call "cruel" something like... implying able-bodied people's lives are worth living more than disabled people, I don't know.

Anyway, thing is Yamamoto can fully recover on a wheelchair, but I don't even think it will last because a lot of people have a picture of what makes a truly admirable, badass character, and having a pretty popular shonen character disabled is not part of their fantasies. Truly heroes are able-bodied heroes (there is also what counts as desirable and attractive and you know disability isn't part of that). So lots of fans will cry a river.

Yes, it could be a hell of character development given Yamamoto's past, and personally, it would be amazing to see him adapt and be Yamamoto, and be awesome, and not all, *depression* "I will overcome this!!" *walks* or some crap like that.
    Last edited by noir07; September 13, 2010 at 12:04 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I was afraid that my post would seem offensive. I seriously didn't mean that able-bodied people's lives are worth living more than disabled people. I apologize if I offended anyone.

What I meant was that it would be cruel to disable Yamamoto who as we have seen has always chosen baseball as his future, even though he will at times have to balance that aspect of his life with the mafia. It's true that him being disabled would ensure more character development for him (which I wouldn't mind at all seeing as he's my favourite character) though. I'd just prefer him to have a handicap that isn't as extreme as being wheelchair-bound is all.

Country
    Micronesia
    Post Thanks / Like

@noir: I don't mean Yamamoto kicking ass while being wheelchair bound will kill any shounen troupe ^^;
    I didn't say that at all.

I just don't feel like putting my hopes in seeing Yamamoto's character development or some chance of seeing the continuation of this plot device. I feel that it might be forgotten like Tsuna's character development and other plot points in KHR. I am sorry, after speculating and putting my hopes in KHR for 1.5 years and keep getting them crushed, i currently have very little faith in this manga.
    next time i should have just quietly withdraw myself from this section rather than affecting people with my negativity, hmm >_>

Country
    Paraguay
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    I was afraid that my post would seem offensive. I seriously didn't mean that able-bodied people's lives are worth living more than disabled people. I apologize if I offended anyone.

What I meant was that it would be cruel to disable Yamamoto who as we have seen has always chosen baseball as his future, even though he will at times have to balance that aspect of his life with the mafia. It's true that him being disabled would ensure more character development for him (which I wouldn't mind at all seeing as he's my favorite character) though. I'd just prefer him to have a handicap that isn't as extreme as being wheelchair-bound is all.
    Okay, see the thing is that Yamamoto can carry a fulfilling live being a sportsman and a swordsman while being disabled. Of course, realistically speaking, he won't be a uber successful and recognized baseball player and his abilities will be undervalued and probably mocked by able people because that's how the world works. Most of the problems disabled people live are caused by a society dominated by able-bodied people who won't ever regard them as fully human beings. "Wheelchair bound" reflects a lot.

Now, KHR is not remotely realistic. In my ideal world Yamamoto will continue to be as badass and awesome (and maybe more so) as he always is. While using a wheelchair. But my ideal world is not the real world, and KHR is a very comercial manga. I'm not holding my breath.

Also, Yamamoto is my most favorite character in this manga.

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast