Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamamoto's Recovery

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yamamoto's Recovery

I just assumed that baseball is limited to able people is all. If that really is the case, that would be what I would find cruel to Yamamoto. People having their dreams crushed is cruel. If Yamamoto were still able to play baseball whilst disable, that would of course not be cruel. And if "wheelchair bound" was offensive, then I apologize. I really just meant someone who requires the use of a wheelchair.

PS: I really don't want to see it being stated in the manga that Yamamoto will never be able to walk just for him to magically recover. That I think would be unrealistic and probably very offensive.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity elitefox's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noir07 View Post
    Okay, see the thing is that Yamamoto can carry a fulfilling live being a sportsman and a swordsman while being disabled. Of course, realistically speaking, he won't be a uber successful and recognized baseball player and his abilities will be undervalued and probably mocked by able people because that's how the world works. Most of the problems disabled people live are caused by a society dominated by able-bodied people who won't ever regard them as fully human beings. "Wheelchair bound" reflects a lot.

Now, KHR is not remotely realistic. In my ideal world Yamamoto will continue to be as badass and awesome (and maybe more so) as he always is. While using a wheelchair. But my ideal world is not the real world, and KHR is a very comercial manga. I'm not holding my breath.

Also, Yamamoto is my most favorite character in this manga.
    yeah, but his rank is low and now he is suppose to be disabled?

now now, you need two feet to actually battle, or he'll lose the strength of the sword.
    CLEANED

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member noir07's Avatar
    Country
    Paraguay
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elitefox View Post
    yeah, but his rank is low and now he is suppose to be disabled?

now now, you need two feet to actually battle, or he'll lose the strength of the sword.
    I'm not getting you.

No, you don't. And let's discuss how he will be in a disadvantage. And let's remember we are talking about Reborn where people fight with little boxes from where weapons with animal form come out.

MH Senpai 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BianchiChrome's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello!

I can see how it might be possible for there to be some type of wheelchair like device for Yamamoto to use. However it would have to have a very high ability to move. I guess that Spanner could create something because of his knowledge of future technology. Current day wheelchairs are bulky and require the use of the arms or hand to guide them which if you are a swordsman like Yamamoto that would be impossible for him to be able to fight.

A swordsman must use their whole body when fighting. It takes much more than using the arms or the hands. One of the most important parts of being a swordsman is using footwork. Wielding a sword is much like dancing in that the way that a you use your feet to move and the way that you use your upper body is necessary to be in perfect alignment.

Yamamoto must be able to use his whole body in order to be an effective swordsman. One reason he was able to be able to pick up the sword and use it in the beginning was because of his baseball playing. It takes a combination of upper body to lower body in order to swing the bat to hit the ball kind of like being able to swing a sword and hit a target.

If Yamamoto can not use his whole body then he can not do attacks like Yarazu no Ame, Shinotsuku Ame, Utsushi Ame, Scontro di Rondine. These are some of his most important attacks. A wheelchair will only get in the way and make every move next to impossible to pull off.

I have watched a series with a character who used a pole weapon to fight with in a wheelchair. The character could use the pole weapon effectively but when he fell out the wheelchair he could not fight. If Yamamoto is to be taken down a realistic path of using a wheelchair to fight then this is the reality of fighting in a wheelchair.

I am sure some sci-fi like way to fight in wheelchair could be used but it would also take Yamamoto time to relearn every single one of his attacks in order to combine his moves with a wheelchair. If he is to fight on the island that would be rather rushed and would not work. He would need to be healed to his normal state to fight on the island because Kaoru will finish the job he started otherwise. If he is not to fight on the island then he could take the time to relearn everything.

I am very much against the idea that Yamamoto end up in a wheelchair for good. I want him to be able to fight and be himself. I don't mind a little while to recover in a wheelchair but that is all. I am also against Yamamoto being a wheelchair because Squalo wants to fight him again one day to test who is better. Squalo is just nuts enough to put himself in a wheelchair to be on equal ground with Yamamoto. I also find it to be rather depressing to think that while Tsuna, Gokudera,Hibari and the others get to look cool and good looking in their new gear that Yamamoto would have to be stuck in wheelchair and not get to stand with them looking cool too.

These are just my thoughts.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member noir07's Avatar
    Country
    Paraguay
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello! Do you know that people in wheelchair also... dance! And do martial arts! And a lot of things. I seriously don't want to discuss how most of that is social construction, so let's just say that what is important for a attack is to be effective, and how you have a lot of shonen mangas full of blind fighters and you would say, "realistically, you need your vision to fight yaddayadda," but in the end it never mattered for fantasy in manga. In this manga it could be more than possible. Again, how is even possible to fight with a Tonfa like Hibari does? I don't even know (which I don't doubt is a deadly weapon, but I don't think it could ever demolish tons of machinery with a single strike, or that a sword can cut through concrete without getting to pieces, if we start discussing the mechanistics of the manga...). But you know, with creativity there could even be adapted attacks.

But you people pull these kind of things when Yamamoto is about to use a wheelchair! Dude, I can just see a lot of possibilities for this in this shonen manga, I doubt you also don't.
    Last edited by noir07; September 14, 2010 at 08:55 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member EKmisao's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

He works through Basil's coordinating-brains skills and other abilities. Both are rain users.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity elitefox's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noir07 View Post
    Hello! Do you know that people in wheelchair also... dance! And do martial arts! And a lot of things. I seriously don't want to discuss how most of that is social construction, so let's just say that what is important for a attack is to be effective, and how you have a lot of shonen mangas full of blind fighters and you would say, "realistically, you need your vision to fight yaddayadda," but in the end it never mattered for fantasy in manga. In this manga it could be more than possible. Again, how is even possible to fight with a Tonfa like Hibari does? I don't even know (which I don't doubt is a deadly weapon, but I don't think it could ever demolish tons of machinery with a single strike, or that a sword can cut through concrete without getting to pieces, if we start discussing the mechanistics of the manga...). But you know, with creativity there could even be adapted attacks.

But you people pull these kind of things when Yamamoto is about to use a wheelchair! Dude, I can just see a lot of possibilities for this in this shonen manga, I doubt you also don't.
    uhmm being blind is one thing

but without the legs is another thing, force usually comes from the legs more than the arm usually so i really dont know anymore.
    CLEANED

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member vongola_x's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Heat Salamance View Post
    2. Ryohei could heal Yamamoto with his upgraded ring...er...gear...
    I, actually, don't like this theory either, but that because Ryohei was arleady shown trying to heal Yamaomoto injuries before and failed. The difference here is that new Sun Vongola Gear would have enough power to boost the heal process. The thing is that Ryohei's skill in healing wouldn't have changed in the time between find Yamamoto and gaining the new V. Gear. (I'm too lazy to type Vongola Gear.) I doubt the Ryohei has to skill to heal nerve damage. (Yes, I know Ryohei is also on the island, but this could have done during the time it took to prepare the boats to the Shimon Holy land.)
    This sounds like the most likely scenario to me. All of the Guardians are too important to this battle for any of them to be missing, and it would be far too offbase for just Tsuna, Gokudera, Ryohei, and Lambo to take out all seven members of the Shimon by themselves.

"To flourish or to perish... that is up to you, Vongola Decimo."

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Pre-VG, I would have thought that Ryohei healing Yamamoto would be unlikely because the former already tried the method; however, it might be different now. Before that's going to happen, Ryohei will have to heal himself first.

That's one possibility, but I don't really want it to happen because it will be really cheap.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member jourrel's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I think will pull a Faust XII( from shaman king, the dog shoes remember?) or enter Odin-mode (in HSDK Ryuuto could still use gungnir even though he is in a wheelchair). I guess he could be odin too though, sacrifing your eyes for better accuracy (in yamamato's case his legs).

I still want him to be healed though but not in a fast way.

Thanks to Code-R for my avatar and Broken for my sig!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member moonueki21's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

seriously, I think he would pulling a stunt like what happened to Bluebell...

According to Kikyou, Bluebell is a paralytic...
    and Byakuran healed him..
    and in the same sense that Yamamoto could be healed...

nothing good comes from my idiocy...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member subaru daemon's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moonueki21 View Post
    seriously, I think he would pulling a stunt like what happened to Bluebell...

According to Kikyou, Bluebell is a paralytic...
    and Byakuran healed him..
    and in the same sense that Yamamoto could be healed...
    Errm. Byakuran didn't heal her.
    She can only stand on two feets because of her mare ring
    and if you pay more atention, evrytime that Bluebell is standing on two feets, she doesn't walk, or stand alone, she is always static or standing by Byaku's side. So maybe she couldn't walk. Besides, she was always flying or swimming on a water tank.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member moonueki21's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by subaru daemon View Post
    Errm. Byakuran didn't heal her.
    She can only stand on two feets because of her mare ring
    and if you pay more atention, evrytime that Bluebell is standing on two feets, she doesn't walk, or stand alone, she is always static or standing by Byaku's side. So maybe she couldn't walk. Besides, she was always flying or swimming on a water tank.
    well, you have a point there...
    but then, if we would follow your thought, does Bluebell jump from one place to another just to get to where she is?

nothing good comes from my idiocy...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member subaru daemon's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moonueki21 View Post
    well, you have a point there...
    but then, if we would follow your thought, does Bluebell jump from one place to another just to get to where she is?
    she is kinda unhuman, so we can assume that she was carried on a water tank or just flew place-to-place

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member AmberRei's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Bluebell climbs out of the water tank on her own legs the very first time she appears °°
    Haters to the left!

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast