Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: One Piece Grand Countdown (revised, info on release date)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Skyrius's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece Grand Countdown (revised, info on release date)

HEADER: One Piece returns on vol 44. Chapter 597, in vol 39 of Shounen Jump, confirmed that. Volume 44 will be out in Japan on October 4. Spoilers usually show up about a week ahead of time. The scanlation typically will be up by Wednesday night, if not then Thursday. We get the chapter an average of 5 days before Japan.

That means, ideally, the earliest we should expect a scanlated chapter is on September 29. However, due to the nature of Jump releases during breaks, spoilers and raws appear earlier. Therefore, there is a chance that the scanlation will appear earlier.

The announcement thread is a bit off, but we still won't be getting the next chapter until the last week of September. updated. READ IT PEOPLE >_<

You have been informed. This is everywhere T_T

-----------------------

Because I swear I find someone asking in every single thread I frequent. EVEN THOSE WHERE THEY'VE BEEN ANSWERED. >_>

So, to (ideally) save some time, repeated monologues, and frustrations from our more linguistically inclined (aka rants) here's the SJ site with the (in)famous One Piece Grand Countdown which seems to have somehow leaked its name to every other person without any content seeping through the dense outer layer soil of our metaphyiscal ground. Wax on, wax off.

http://www.shonenjump.com/e/weeklyshonenjump/index.html

The main SJ website, where you can see that each issue of SJ has a section where One Piece would usually be. Yes, they are actually in the magazine. If someone with a better scanner and more patience than me would like to be a saintly soul and scan them in for everyone, knock yourself out <3. In the mean time, I'll draw everyone's attention to the BIG button on the side. The one with the picture of Luffy. With the big white letters saying "'One Piece' special site, now open!" and of course "Japanese only". Keep that in mind. Click it.

The site you are now looking at is the official site for the One Piece Grand Countdown *kazoo*. If you don't have access to Shounen Jump (japanese) fear not.....you're really not missing out on much, unless you live in Japan in which case I have a request. PLEASE GET ME ONE OF THOSE ONE PIECE CALENDERS *___*

*cough*

Anyways, the Grand Countdown website contains all sorts of stuff. Recaps based on characters and art, profiles for the major SH crew (which are updated every few days, hence, the countdown) and extra concept sketches that Oda drew of the One Piece world and scenarios (for example, did you know that originally Oda planned for Luffy to just storm off in annoyance at Shank's refusal to take him out to sea? Higuma the mountain bandit wasn't involved at all! *semi-sarcastic gasp in a(n) (almost) completely non-aggravating but slightly self-deprecating manner*). Both the website and "chapter" in the SJ magazines are just stuff like that. The website updates a few more things every few days counting down to the big return of OP.

The one in the magazine contains recaps, interviews, extras, concepts and ideas Oda's scrapped or changed. It's mostly text, not an actual manga chapter.

So there we go. Hopefully everyone who was curious will read this. And if you find someone obliviously side-railing a fervent debate by plowing abstracted shield first into the smoldering metaphorical inferno, kindly drag his sorry butt out of the ashes, dust him off, and drop-kick over the horizon yonder.

Why yes, I did just spend the last 4 paragraphs indirectly and inconsistently abasing the entire forum and myself in an overly grandiose manner. You may feel free to brick me.

*bricked*

EDIT: To be blunt, since I realized some of that may have flown over some people's heads and they will be feeling insulted: aka "4 weeks of no One Piece has made me extremely snarky". Take no personal offense *bows* *shot*

EDIT (v2.5): About the release date of OP (for those reading this for the first time), I'm double checking, but if we're correct, vol 44 of Shounen Jump, when One Piece returns, will be on:

October 4, 2010

I'll have a confirmation soon.

EDIT (v3): FFFFFFFFF- TT__________TT My sadness is overwhelming. One Piece doesn't come back until 10/4. On the bright side, we get the spoilers and chapters out before Japan (oh the irony >_>), so hopefully the scanlation should be out by:

September 29, 2010

Spoilers will be out before then.

So, to tide everyone over, some of the nice (crazy) people over on AP scanned a few of the pages of the actual Grand Countdown in the SJ magazine for this week. They're small, but at least you can see for youself.

http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/4181081_01.jpg
    http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/4181082_02.jpg
    http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/4181083_03.jpg
    http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/4181084_04.jpg
    http://thumbnails2.imagebam.com/9778/7d21c297778653.jpg
    http://thumbnails3.imagebam.com/9778/9c559097778661.jpg

They're nothing special, so you're not missing out on some special info.

FOOTER: To make this officially a countdown-

1 days until the scanlation of the newest chapter of One Piece (ideally)ONE PIECE IS NOW OUT ON CERTAIN SITES. This may vary for people in different time zones.

It amuses me how specific I have to be to avoid confusion.
    Last edited by Skyrius; September 29, 2010 at 07:13 PM.

2. Thanks 18 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member no_regretsYSL's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece Grand Countdown

So if I may be so bold as to ask: Does this grand countdown mean that we will for sure see the results of the timeskip after the One Piece break? As in, there is no chance that there will be some pre-timeskip blabber in 2 weeks?
    Often I find myself playing a little game called "What are the odds?"

Life long member of the "I hate smileys because all you do is look like a sarcastic !@#$%^&" group aka. "Words Are Stronger Than Punctuation"

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No, it's just a countdown to the return of One Piece to the Weekly Shounen Jump magazine. Unfortunately, they aren't posting any information on what the next chapter will actually contain, which makes sense. The Grand Countdown is a compilation by Shueisha, the publisher, not Oda himself.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

When I open this thread I was expecting a huge number and the final date when We would get the newest chapter.

The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member scandalous''s Avatar
    Country
    Suriname
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LordUriel View Post
    When I open this thread I was expecting a huge number and the final date when We would get the newest chapter.

Well it's gotta be out by next week. A week from now a month will have passed. I'm getting excited already I couldn't care less what's in the chapter, as long as it gets released

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

.....ARGH T____T

9/27. The big announcement thread is up there, on the front page, feeling very lonely.

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/announ...php?f=47&a=126
    Last edited by Skyrius; September 15, 2010 at 12:53 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

wait... jump vol 42 (that supposedly be available on Monday 20th) is on sale this Saturday. and I heard it is because 20th September is japan's holiday. so 43 should be sold on 27 right? so we will have the raw of vol 44 in that week (27 Sept-3rd Oct). vol 44 itself will be available officially on 4th of October. Am I missing something?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea what you're talking about. The most recent holiday that Jump took off should have been Tanabata, which was on 8/13. If you're talking about Respect For the Aged day which falls on the third Monday of September, that holiday doesn't affect Jump. The next break shouldn't be until Culture Day in November if I remember correctly. Or was the next break Christmas? Either way it's further down the line.

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

while not affecting Jump in the way of leading to a break, Senewe is right in so far as it does influence when the volumes are sold. holidays on monday usually mean sales start on the saturday before instead. that though does not influence the release date for any of the other issues, so yes, 4th of Octobre is the date One Piece will officially be back to this planet - a little earlier here, but that doesn't really matter

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I checked jump website, they will release vol 42 this Saturday (9/18). (the normal time is Monday). is that means they will release vol 43 on Monday (9/20)? well I got information about the holiday from Reborn thread http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64113

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

no, like you wrote before, volume 43 will be released on monday 27th. why should they release another volume so fast and especially on a holiday (the 20th) that is the reason for moving the releasedate to saturday for the preceding volume? ^^

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scandalous' View Post
    Well it's gotta be out by next week. A week from now a month will have passed. I'm getting excited already I couldn't care less what's in the chapter, as long as it gets released
    I've watched more AMVs than a human being can stand.

Anyway, I was in the mood to encourage my friends to leave Naruto and Bleach and convert to OP. MUAJAJAJA :C
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I went back on the SJ website and basically senewe is right. All that's happened is that vol 42 got bumped back to Saturday (released early) due to the holiday. So, if OP is coming back on vol 44 (which is what vol 39 said >_>) then yes, it will be Oct 4.

Jeez, I'm going to go dig around on the website and confirm it, so I'll get back to you guys on that.
    Last edited by Skyrius; September 15, 2010 at 01:52 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member El-Thor's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece Grand Countdown (edited, info on release date)

Ya, One Piece went on a four week break after issue 39. So it will come back in issue 44, which gets published the 29th (or so I read on mangashare). But I still don't know if we get the scans a week late or the same time -_-

Devil Fruits I want to see in OP : Tako Tako no Mi : Model Giant Octopus | Mythical Zoan : Model Griffin

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece Grand Countdown (revised, info on release date)

We get scans and spoilers a week earlier than Japan, actually.

Vol 44 is published on October 4th in Japan. We get chapters earlier here, due to everyone raiding 2ch (and the crazy awesome people there who provide us with the awesome info) for spoilers and raws. Aohige is the one on AP who gets most of the info first, and he's always been reliable.

One Piece usually comes out around Wednesday-Thursday for us. Therefore, October 4 is a Monday, and September 29 would be the prior Wednesday. We might actually be able to get it a day earlier due to the nature of breaks (and double issues, which aren't really double at all >_>) so we'll see.

The bottom line? If you get the Japanese Shounen Jump (like me) it'll be out on October 4 (or later in America T_T). If you read scanlations it'll be out by September 29, hopefully.
    Last edited by Skyrius; September 15, 2010 at 04:56 PM.

20. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast