Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who Wins?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • 7th Division Captain Komamura

4 30.77%
  • 13th Division Captain Ukitake

9 69.23%
  • Draw

0 0%
New Reply

Thread: Komamura vs. Ukitake

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaintSheik's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Komamura vs. Ukitake

Fighting over Yama's attention? *Kanye Shrug*

How do you think this would go? This fight can take place whenever and wherever with all of the shown abilities allowed. That and Ukitake's illness card isn't in play.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Komamura vs. Ukitake

Whoops, I voted for Koma before I read the Ukitake Illness card isn't in play :P

I'll defend it anyway.

As far as we've seen Ukitake's power relies on directing attacks back at the enemy, and the K man is all power. So as far as ability matchups, I think Komamura has it.

We saw Ukitake get blindsided and got a hole punched in him by WW. We've seen Komamura's Bankai create the grossest impact injury in Bleach: http://www.mangareader.net/94-41609-...apter-385.html

That was just a backhand, clearly, Komamura's sword would be extraordinarily more powerful. The problem is that he's pretty solidified while fighting.

I'd say Komamura if we assume that Ukitake is only about as fast as Vaizard Tousen, if he's faster, Ukitake wins.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    I'd say Komamura if we assume that Ukitake is only about as fast as Vaizard Tousen, if he's faster, Ukitake wins.
    Ukitake Juushirou may have been quicker than ordinary Kaname (still debatable) but there's no way he is quicker than hollowfied Kaname was. Nor does he have HSR either. Ukitake's shikai is also useless here. Komamura Sajin wins.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    Ukitake Juushirou may have been quicker than ordinary Kaname (still debatable) but there's no way he is quicker than hollowfied Kaname was. Nor does he have HSR either. Ukitake's shikai is also useless here. Komamura Sajin wins.
    Tough to say I think. Ukitake, despite his shitty track record, should be close to Shunsui, and I'd figure that the senior captains are quick, but how quick?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaintSheik's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Regarding speed, I'd say Ukitake is quick enough to receieve praise from Yamamoto himself. Sajin is pretty much associated with his strength, not so much his speed. That and if you take the data files into consideration, I believe Ukitake is stated to be faster there.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but the data files don't show how fast Vaizard Tousen is in comparison to Ukitake. Tousen took a damn powerful hit early on in the fight, and had to resurrect to overpower Komamura. So I think it's safe to assume that Ukitake would lose unless he is faster than Vaizard Tousen.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ukitake is hard to put in these vs threads, if the opponent doesn't have any energy attacks then there is literally nothing else to consider. Uki has shown decent speed, a low level bakudo that gives him an arm sized shield, and his obvious experience which isn't much with out more displays from him.

We need to see him on the offensive before people keep pitting him against melee characters.

New Reply