Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: Will of Stone (epic Sakura fanfic, timeskip)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Will of Stone (epic Sakura fanfic, timeskip)

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6015119/1/Will_Of_Stone
    Timeskip: Sakura is desperate to prove her strength as a ninja. She goes with the Hokage to the Earth Country to take the Iwa chuunin exam. Waiting for her there is a place of ancient wonder… violent trials… star-crossed love… and a conspiracy that threatens world peace itself. AN EPIC NOVEL.

I'm writing a NARUTO fanfic called "Will of Stone," an epic Sakura coming-of-age fanfic that takes places during the timeskip. Sakura goes to the Earth Country to take the Iwa chuunin exam and becomes entangled in a conspiracy that threatens world peace. It's a huge complicated story, so there's a bunch of everything in it: action, romance, politics, characterization, worldbuilding, drama, horror, philosophy, etc. However the main focus is on Sakura's growth and training as a ninja, her relationship with Tsunade, and the culture clash between Konoha and Iwa.

FYI, the origin of this fanfic is basically as a big fuck-you to Kishimoto and everything I hate about NARUTO, especially the lack of women who aren’t either damsels in distress, lovesick bimbos, and/or incompetent retards. Sakura would be Exhibit A in this respect. It pisses me off because Sakura should have been a compelling character in her own right. In “Will of Stone” she will be, I hope.

Hope you guys enjoy it.

Updated.
    Last edited by sadfascist; October 10, 2010 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity lordHokage's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: Will of Stone (epic Sakura fanfic, timeskip)

Quote Originally Posted by sadfascist View Post
    FYI, the origin of this fanfic is basically as a big fuck-you to Kishimoto and everything I hate about NARUTO, especially the lack of women who aren’t either damsels in distress, lovesick bimbos, and/or incompetent retards. Sakura would be Exhibit A in this respect. It pisses me off because Sakura should have been a compelling character in her own right. In “Will of Stone” she will be, I hope.
    When you do not know how things will turn out, getting pissed off is meaningless. However, I totally disagree with you on how women are portrayed in Naruto Universe. Here are examples of strong powerful women who are not damsels in distress, lovesick bimbos, and/or incompetent retards: Uzumaki Kushina, Uzumaki Mito, Konan, Granny-Tsunade, Chiyo-baasama, and Godaime Mizukage. On that note, I look forward to reading the "Will of Stone".

You truly deserve the title of Yondaime Hokage

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kuranzyan's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will of Stone (epic Sakura fanfic, timeskip)

Add Anko and Kurotsuchi to that list...

Anko merely had the bad fortune to fight against her former sensei, the one who practically knew everything about her and her techniques. It doesn't exactly mean she's weak and helpless in the style you suggested.

Kurotsuchi's fairly powerful in her own right, seeing that she was chosen as a bodyguard for the Tsuchikage, but we don't really know all that much about her, so it can still go in any direction with her.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner packages's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This sounds great, can't wait to read a tiny bit of it! Are there other characters you plan on elaborating in your FF?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by packages View Post
    This sounds great, can't wait to read a tiny bit of it! Are there other characters you plan on elaborating in your FF?
    Yeah, Rock Lee and the Sand Siblings are going to get a lot of dev. Most of the other genin will at least be touched on.
    Last edited by saladesu; May 09, 2011 at 08:54 AM.

New Reply