Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti-Virus Programs.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anti-Virus Programs.

runinig more than 1 anti-virus on a singel cumputer is like starting a fight wetxeen 3 crazy dogs !!!
    man r u crazy u can't use more than 1 anti-virus cuz he will consider the other anti-virus as a virus and the fight will start ....
    I'm using kaspersky internet security 7 it's a very cool anti-virus with a high protection also u can costume ur own protection !!!
    i also used bitdefender 9 wich was really great too .
    here u can find the antivirus ranking for this year :
    Top 10 antivirus software

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

spyware HELP ME

ok i usually never get anything but today i got the most randomest and probably annoying spyware ever. My wallpaper got raped, and when i went to right click to change it i only have access to three tabs the themes appearance and settings. My wallpaper is now something gay that sais "Warning spyware detected on your computer. Install and antivirus or spyware to remove it" and then the WHOLE SCREEN is blue, comp still working but i'd like to know wat u guys suggest i should get now, for free plz. Or direct me to a more approaite forum.

Merged ~Nami
    Last edited by Nami; August 15, 2008 at 10:56 AM.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Ichimaru Gin n Tonic's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: spyware HELP ME

You could try all kinds of free software to detect it. For free ones, you can try AVG Anti-Spyware, Ad-Aware, or Spybot.

I hope that helps.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

OH wow ok thanks for the help but the MOST RANDOMEST THING JUST HAPPENED TO ME. I was using CDisplay reading some manga calmly and shit and then BAM BAM MBAMBMABM out of nowhere this random program pops out of nowhere called Antivirus XP2008, WTF i nvr DLED THAT, and it started scanning my computer all of a sudden WTF and it sais 2890 threats were found WTF, i dont even know if this thing is a legit or not, it just automatically installed itself on my comp.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Yarias's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Boot from Linux live CD, backup important data, reinstall windows, restore data.
    Don't mind me, I'm just roving the universe vacuuming up more knowledge for the archives

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

solved it, gay malware

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi..

According to me, AVG Antivirus is the best because it detects mostly all the Virus and delete that virus.
    AVG AntiVirus is really a nice antivirus i using it from last 2 years and because of that my PC run speedily....

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member axellover2's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My Norton 360 pwns all viruses and malware.Although it does ask you premission to do anything.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Forever_Melody's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

AVG is good yeah.

Amongst freeware, the good antiviruses are:
    - Avira
    - Avast
    - Avast!
    - Comodo Suite's antivirus

Avira is the best rated one(mostly since it's very light on your cmoputer i.e. doesn't take up lots of resources) although I find it kinda bothersome since it always asks you to upgrade to the paid version lol

Among the paying kind the most popular ones are:
    - Norton(2009 and 360)
    - Nod32
    - Kapersky

Norton used to be quite a resource hog, but since 2009 they've made some great advancements in their software. Nod32 is very light on your system so that's a plus. I personally think Kapersky is great since it not only looks at viral signatures, but obverses behavioral patterns to detect viral activity.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Weapon_X's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Melody View Post
    AVG is good yeah.
    Among the paying kind the most popular ones are:
    - Norton(2009 and 360)
    - Nod32
    - Kapersky

Norton used to be quite a resource hog, but since 2009 they've made some great advancements in their software. Nod32 is very light on your system so that's a plus. I personally think Kapersky is great since it not only looks at viral signatures, but obverses behavioral patterns to detect viral activity.
    No way did you forget about McAfee Security centre? I think that needs to go in the most popular ones that you need to pay for.

I'm preety sure McAfee is more popular then Nod32 and Kapersky. Or am I mistaken? Hmm, but then again I am still surprised as no one has mentioned McAfee on this page. I used to have McAfee before Norton and it lasted for 3 years! Also with McAfee it's not a yearly subsription so you don't need to buy another one. It updates automatically.

I have Norton now, it's okay that I have the Internet Security only and not the whole Norton 360 thing. You know how many problems that caused my laptop LOL It literally took me away from clicking on anything. " You need permission. Not allowed " I feared my laptop made a pact with the Security Centre and and agreed not to follow my input methods. LOL
    Last edited by Weapon_X; June 06, 2009 at 09:43 AM.
    ..: Greatest Doujutsu Prodigies :..

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well McAfee is mostly popular because it comes with most pre-made computers & laptops, but yeah, I should add it >.> I personally don't find it that good though.

But then again, I find that antiviruses are more a case of "feeling secure" than actual utility. Viruses aren't really that common anymore and I haven't caught one in over 8 years I think lol Malware and other things are more common.

Oh and I forgot A squared in the free ones since it can also act as an antivirus.

Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't Viruses, Trojans, etc all in Malware? Same here, I ain't got a virus for a very long time. Shit, it's better not to say that LOL I mostly get Trojans these days, what's the difference between Trojans and Viruses?

Oh, I never ever download freeware security centres. I've never done it and I've heard it can easily be the total opposite. Some of my friends downloaded it and their computer was full of viruses, never take the risk. I'd rather pay £30 or £40 for Security Centre rather then pay £300 or £400 for a new laptop. LOL

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Malware is the general term. A Trojan is considered a virus yes. It refers to anything that goes in to take your system's info(usually to give it to some outside source). Mind you...
    Spoiler: stuff we shouldn't talk about show

But yeah, the days of viruses are long gone. Unless you're just plain ignorant(i.e. you open every email and download anything without looking), then viruses shouldn't be much of a problem for you. Spyware and such are more common since they infiltrate your system through the internet sites you browse.

Anyways, point to the matter is, security is nice, but it's mostly for the feeling of being secure. I've been using freeware for more than 10 years and I've never had any trouble. Trick is to be informed before you do anything.

If anyone really wanted to mess with your computer, believe me, it'd be messed up regardless of what protection you have(unless maybe you had Python overlay encryption and 50 proxys lol ).

Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah like that guy who hacked into those US military computers. He hacked into like 90 of them and his reason was " to find alien info". A guy like him was able to hack into MILITARY COMPUTERS? More over AMERICAN MILITARTY COMPUTERS! And he wasn't old either, he was in his 30's.

Spoiler show

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

lol my friend who's 18 hacked into the Canadian Government system last year. This year, they revamped the system His excuse was "find a girl's email address" Good thing she wasn't creeped out or anything hehe

Spoiler: more stuff we shouldn't talk about show

Anyways we should probably stop speaking of this. I'm not advocating the use of this btw >.>

New Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast