Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Restoration of Ichigo After Aizen's Defeat

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Restoration of Ichigo After Aizen's Defeat

Ok,

Ichigo has transformed into getsuga, with the help of the merged young zangetsu and hollow forms within his inner world. to learn the final getsuga tenshou he was pierced through the chest with his own bankai, and now in his fight against aizen, he feels he cannot allow defeat, so hes prepared to use his final getsuga tenshou form to defeat aizen by destroying him and most probably breaking the hyogoku in the process.
    Ichigo has said that this will cause him to loose all his shinigami powers. And since the FGT was given to him by his zangetsu and his hollow half while they were merged and in his inner world, Its a safe assumption that he will loose access to his hollow half as well.

This I find disturbing but its not without recourse. This senario will leave Bleach open to new directions and many possibilities for Ichigo. Below are a few directions that could happen if Kubo decides to continue bleach for a few more years.

1. Ichigo now powerless is returned to KT and soul society recovers from its loss of capitans and this could introduce more characters, and allow more explanation on the 13 squads. Ichigos friends should still have powers, and continue to defeat the random hollows that threaten the town. Isshin and urahara can have an arc explaining thier history, the use of the FGT that isshin knew about and how /why isshin lost his powers for so long as well as the details of how he regained them.
    Ichigo could begin having dreams/nightmares that lead him towards a journey of regaining his powers, possibly involving hell or the royal guard.

or perhaps

2. Ichigo now powerless is told more about how shinigami and human souls are intertwined and has to go with his friends on a quest to find zangetsu, who is not destroyed, or dead, but imprisoned by an ancient set of laws that govern the universe, the hollows and shinigmai within that universe. As set forth by the king and as such ichigo will have to enter the royal palace dimension, and prove his true worth through a series of trials and tests and traps that will ultimately lead him to understand what happened to the king, and why he is basically a vacant landlord, leaving everything to the 13 squads.

3. Ichigo returns to KT, and for a while everything is ok, until a weak hollow attacks him and he is nearly killed defending someone/something, and has to be saved by chad. At which point he is no longer content to have lost the ability to protect his friends/world. He will have to find a way to reverse the final getsuga tenshou. the final getsuga basically releases zangetsu, and frees him into the world. once the final GT is performed zangetsu no longer lives within ichigo. I think perhaps he will have to try and find what happened to zangetsu, where he went, perhaps find a way to mend his spirit which was fractured in two/three when ichigo used the FGT. To do this he may have to seek out the source of spirit power known only in shinigami legend, and known only to the capitan commander, and since the capitan commander is dead perhaps the next one will be cool enough to help ichigo out since he is the one who ultimately saved everything.

Im sure theres more ways to go, and from what Ive heard weve got a few arcs coming up with history/ backdrop so I hope that Bleach continues, and ichigo gets a few hundred more chapters.
    Last edited by DarkBankai; September 16, 2010 at 07:46 AM.

Be proud, that after receiving my blade you still retain the shape of a human.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Restoration of Ichicgo after Aizens defeat.

Actually what i though might happen is, when his in his inner world, Zangustu talks about how he wants to protect him and says "if you use this power you will...". I think the answer is die, and afterward he will become a plus, with his massive spirit power and probably a shimigami. The beauty of this for Kibo is that Ichigo won't be able to use FGT again because he can't die again, so now the next set of bad guys don't all have to be more powerful then Aizen. If he kept the FGT then there would be no challenge, or all other characters will be outclassed into nothingness. I imagine that to grow on the characters more, Ichigo will be trained as a shimigami and we would get more in dept views into soul society.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kulash05 View Post
    Actually what i though might happen is, when his in his inner world, Zangustu talks about how he wants to protect him and says "if you use this power you will...". I think the answer is die, and afterward he will become a plus, with his massive spirit power and probably a shimigami. The beauty of this for Kibo is that Ichigo won't be able to use FGT again because he can't die again, so now the next set of bad guys don't all have to be more powerful then Aizen. If he kept the FGT then there would be no challenge, or all other characters will be outclassed into nothingness. I imagine that to grow on the characters more, Ichigo will be trained as a shimigami and we would get more in dept views into soul society.
    Awesome idea man. however, The above ideas i jotted down were really going with the idea that he stayed alive but lost his access to zangetsu,

BUT If he did die, that would perhaps be way cooler, because then he could go to soul society and become a real shinigami. however i think him dying is a bit unlikely after this 420 chapter because, ichigo clearly says hes gonna loose all his shinigami powers by becoming the final getsuga.
    and he may or may not live after that.

If he were to die, and loose his powers hed be double screwed, because hed just be a normal soul in ss. which kinda suks. I am inclined to think that he will live, and just loose his zanpaktu and hollow selves. temporarily, or permanently if tite doesnt feel like going on with the manga.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lunatic Scream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a solid idea, and it would be nice if it happened.

Sadly, I imagine something more along the lines of Orihime restoring him, or the Hogyoku fulfilling his "wish" to fight and protect everyone again.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Really there would have to be a reason he couldn't use the power again. Otherwise even with the saved Bankai and powers of the captains, they'll just become fodder against the next round of baddies. Plus, if Bleach just went back to flashbacks, it would be interesting I'm sure, but not really conflict prone. No matter how tough the bad guy would seem in the flash back, we know Isshin survives and wins, because he's around in the present. Any captains seen in the flashback are also kill proof, and anyone new introduced you know has to get the axe or written out at some point to explain why they aren't around anymore. Flashbacks work in small doses only.
    Second question that is kind of related to this. The fourth bleach movie is meant to deal with Hell and the inner hollow. So, does it take place before or after this arch, and will we end up seeing the FGT again.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is possible ichigo will lose his current transcendent state instead of all of his power. He'd basically lose his goldlike form and be reverted to an ordinary shinigami-hollow hybrid. Wonder how it'd feel for him to have been so high up in the food chain (he was in a place where someone much higher than shinigami could not reach) and then suddenly be lowered to something as small as a hybrid. Perhaps it'd be comparable to devolving from being a human to a chimp lol (or even more considering aizen already was beyond the realm of logic and reasoning).

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I think it is possible ichigo will lose his current transcendent state instead of all of his power. He'd basically lose his goldlike form and be reverted to an ordinary shinigami-hollow hybrid. Wonder how it'd feel for him to have been so high up in the food chain (he was in a place where someone much higher than shinigami could not reach) and then suddenly be lowered to something as small as a hybrid. Perhaps it'd be comparable to devolving from being a human to a chimp lol (or even more considering aizen already was beyond the realm of logic and reasoning).
    Is ichigos transcendent abilities really tied to his hollow/shinigami selves? perhaps / perhaps not.

lets look at this like a parking garage, shinigami going up hollow going down.

G- Ground floor is human
    1- First floor is shinigami
    B1- Basement floor is hollow,
    2- second floor is shinigmai w/bankai
    B2 - is one of the espada
    3- third floor is shinigami with bankai second release, or FGT.
    B3 - is Ulquiorras second release
    B4- aizens hollow butterfly crap.
    5B5- -new dimensional ability beyond the realm of shinigami and hollow

now ichigo is a hybrid so for him hes traveling up and down
    hes on both the first floor and B1 at the same time and as he progresses in his abilities he gradually becomes more powerfull and is able to beat his opponents.

But now, hes in FGT mode, and he has beaten the hollow form that destroyed ULQ, and his Tensa Zangetsu fuzed together, so hes now on a whole new dimension, however it appears that he is going to burn out his abilities by using them, if not forever than at least a while.

We dont know the full set of consequenses for him using these powers, they may alert as yet unknown enemies to his presence, or perhaps his ability to ascend and operate from this higher dimension will allow him to somehow regain what he is about to loose. We dont know if zangetsu is destroyed from this attack or if hes released, or if ichigo simply will have an empty inner world after this full of buildings but no zangetsu.

Perhaps zangetsu will take on another form or name if he is ever encountered after this FGT.

I dont really like all the not knowing, and wish there was a little more explaining the relationship of how a zanpaktu exists in the first place as well as what exactly will happen to ichigos powers.

Perhaps him loosing his powers is part of a safety mechanisim for the universe of bleach so that such great power cannot be misued it has basically a one shot, for the goood guys this means they can defeat the badguys and then enjoy a few centuries of realative peace in SS. If anyone actually kept thier powers after getting a FGT or final zanpaktu form, then I think the absolute power would corrupt absolutely.

If ichigo kept his powers, hed be more badass than the whole gotei 13. so it would be dumb for him to take orders from those less capible than himself, and he would probably end up being the capitan commander just out of sheer power over the 13 capitans. also hed be a hero for defeating aizen so he would have the gratitude of the capitans and could atain that position if he was so inclined.

I want to see ichigo regain his powers, also id like to see more of the kings dimension, and possibly hell. I would like to see ichigo regain his powers and continue to kick ass, but mostly I want a more complete picture of this higher dimension that hes now in.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Restoration of Ichigo After Aizen's Defeat

or he will spend time in Soul Society and gain powers back then...same as rukia did after her powers were drained from having the houg in her gigai..or isshin will explain why he got his powers..or urahara do something..it wont be a big deal losing his powers which be a shame but i dont think kubo got the patience to do arc of ichigo getting powers back

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Remodie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

at least one thing was revealed..... how Isshin lost his powers with FGT and all. With that being said Isshin lost his powers the same as Ichigo is about to and I believe Isshin will have a plan to help Ichigo retrieve his lost powers.This could possibly be the next arc that reveals a little of Isshin's past and possibly Urahara's as well.
    Live Life, Love Life

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^Completely agree final GT was how Isshin lost his powers. I bet when he tells Ichigo how to regain his power he also says that until Masaki died he made no attempt to regain his powers, and didn't try in earnest until Rukia showed up.

I have a feeling this is set up for a time skip. Isshin will tell Ichigo that if he communes with his Zanpakutou and trains every day his power will return in a few years. Without training it will never come back. I'm expecting another gaiden arc, focused on Isshin this time, relevant to the plot of the next part of Bleach. Then the story will resume with a 17 or 19 year old Ichigo with all his powers restored.
    Last edited by Kaiten; September 21, 2010 at 07:07 PM.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Drakk707's Avatar
    What's the point of telling you if you won't know where it is anyways?
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually Ichigo explicitly states he will lose his shinigami powers, if he were to lose his hollow powers as well he would have said something like "I will lose all my powers" Or something among those lines, so I think he will keep his Hollow powers. Also, even if Isshin can teach him how to regain his Shinigami powers is not happening any time soon since it took Isshin more than 20 years (He said so in a chapter wich number I can't remember) to regain his Shinigami powers (Besides it would be pretty pointless to lose them just to get them back right afterwards ¬_¬). So taking in consideration those two assumptions I say Soul Society will go after Ichigo. Yup, no matter how much he have done for the sake of pretty much everybody after losing his Shinigami powers he will just be a human...half-hollow...Hollow, the enemies of all Shinigami, therefore Ichigo will be seen as a potential foe, a menace, an anomaly that must be taken care of,.

Another thing that could come out of this is Ichigo finally developing his Hollow abbilities. As a Vizard he has been using them just to enhance his Shinigami abbilities, rejecting his Hollow powers and restricting them to a supporting role fearing his inner Hollow may take over if he were to fully embrace them. But now, with his new unshakeable attitude and his shinigami powers out of the way he will be able to finally use his Hollow powers properly (I'm expecting a new spiritual form and Ichigo using Cero, Bala, Sonido, Hierro and maybe High-speed regeneration 9_9)

EDIT:

Eeeerrrr I assumed Ichigo completed that phrase when he said "If I use this technique I will lose all my Shinigami powers"...>_> yeah I thought it was pretty clear.
    Last edited by Drakk707; September 21, 2010 at 08:27 PM.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Jaiden82's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Isshin is going to teach Ichigo how to get back his powers but it won't be a fast process. Look how long it took Isshin to get back his. And I do think a time skip is coming to correlate with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    ^Completely agree final GT was how Isshin lost his powers. I bet when he tells Ichigo how to regain his power he also says that until Masaki died he made no attempt to regain his powers, and didn't try in earnest until Rukia showed up.

I have a feeling this is set up for a time skip. Isshin will tell Ichigo that if he communes with his Zanpakutou and trains every day his power will return in a few years. Without training it will never come back. I'm expecting another gaiden arc, focused on Isshin this time, relevant to the plot of the next part of Bleach. Then the story will resume with a 17 or 19 year old Ichigo with all his powers restored.

So do I. But it depends how long the time skip is. Well it be a 2 year time skip like Naruto and One Piece? Or a shorter or longer version? Whatever the case, it will take Ichigo a while to get back his powers.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Jassaray's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo's powers are no longer separated into Shinigami and Hollow. They are now one. He can't lose one or the other because they have fused and are working together.

The explicit wording of "Shinigami" powers is either a misstep by Kubo or a bit of a plot hole considering we saw Zangetsu and Shirosaki merge to become one. But ages before that we already knew they were one being. Ichigo just didn't know how to use them both at the same time.

I agree with those suggesting a time skip and the Isshin arc. I'm very interested to see what was so dangerous that Isshin resorted to using FGT.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Croz's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

WSJ Pirate Re: Restoration of Ichigo After Aizen's Defeat

Well, in my oppinion, ichigo's restoration will happen the same way his father's.

1- Isshin miraculously restored his shinigami powers that he had lost for some reason.
    2- he tells ichigo about the Final Getsuga Tenshou, and told him what whould happen if he tryed to convince zangetsu to teach him the FGT.

I think that isshin lost his powers by using the FGT for some reason, and recovered them the same way ichigo's friends on karakura had their occult powers awaken: because of ichigo's reiatsu pressure.

As we know, when taichous or fukutaichous come to human world, they have their reiatsu reduced because its pressure can affect humans, but ichigo had the reiatsu as big/bigger then a capitain's reiatsu and didnt had to contain it so he affected everyone around him.

I think that ichigo will have to be close to someone with HUGE reiatsu to regain his powers.

sorry about any possible writing mistakes, my main language is Portuguese

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member fluke32's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Croz View Post
    Well, in my oppinion, ichigo's restoration will happen the same way his father's.

1- Isshin miraculously restored his shinigami powers that he had lost for some reason.
    2- he tells ichigo about the Final Getsuga Tenshou, and told him what whould happen if he tryed to convince zangetsu to teach him the FGT.

I think that isshin lost his powers by using the FGT for some reason, and recovered them the same way ichigo's friends on karakura had their occult powers awaken: because of ichigo's reiatsu pressure.

As we know, when taichous or fukutaichous come to human world, they have their reiatsu reduced because its pressure can affect humans, but ichigo had the reiatsu as big/bigger then a capitain's reiatsu and didnt had to contain it so he affected everyone around him.

I think that ichigo will have to be close to someone with HUGE reiatsu to regain his powers.

sorry about any possible writing mistakes, my main language is Portuguese
    Well, if there is an entity who definitely has more reiatsu than Ichigo, I believe that SHOULD be the Spirit King.
    Fluke32--- Predicting since 252nd Down!(click here)
    8 correct predictions out of 17 and counting~

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast