Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Madara's next steps?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obtain the other four paths

11 20.75%
  • Capture the remaining Jinchuurikis, he don't need the other paths

4 7.55%
  • Transplant Rinnengan on himself.

12 22.64%
  • Nagato is smiling, this is no over yet...

20 37.74%
  • Launch an offensive over Kumogakure

3 5.66%
  • Other, Share your point of view.

3 5.66%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Madara's Izanagi, ch.510

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Alterno's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Crying Madara's Izanagi, ch.510

So today we found out the reason of why Madara have many eyes stockpiled in his secret hideout or at least we have an idea. We can say with certain degree of security, that uses them to replace those he loses after using Izanagi or losing them in battle. Konan deserves all the praise as character for taking Madara to the point of using Izanagi, here we begin.

A SHOCKING FORBIDDEN TECHNIQUE

Madara vs Hashirama

One more time we get to see "Madara" talking about Hashirama, generally as tobi praises the power of Madara he praises Hashirama as well, this time was a little different. While spoke about Hashirama's power and how the world believe that Hashirama killed him at the valley of the end, he made it look like he actually was after Hashirama's power and not about getting revenge Konan and the Uchiha's who betrayed him.

Also when he talks about Madara he tends to talk about himself in third person, in other words like if he were talking about someone else, however in this chapter he quickly call himself again Uchiha Madara, why he would do that in front of someone who he is going to kill or he is planning to leave Konan alive to say just what he said about this matter? or the author is planning to save Konan or the information given by Tobi, so it could reach the hands of the alliance or Konoha?...

Izanagi, the forbidden jutsu

One more time we get to see Izanagi in action, this time used by Tobi himself. That this jutsu can only be used by those who have the powers of the Uchiha and the powers of the Senju.

Is the same we learned from Danzou vs Sasuke battle, we can see Madara's eye closing just like Danzou's eyes closed after using Izanami... We can see the same sfx effect written for both Danzou's and Madara Izanagi's. The SFX is closing, can bee seen in the second panel for Madara and in the first panel for Danzou's Izanagi...

What did he mean about those others using Hashirama power using an incomplete form of Izanagi?...

when Danzou's Izanagi seems to be superior in terms of the recovering of the injuries received by Uchiha Sasuke, we can't forget that Danzou was pierced by Susanoo's arrow, smashed and crushed by Susanoo's hand and appeared fresh like mint, does this has to be related more with the time Izanagi could stay activated?, in Danzou's case 60 seconds.

Yin & Yang, 2 of 6.

The first time we hear about Yin and Yang's chakras, was when Naruto started to develop what we know today as rasen shurinken, he started to ask Kakashi about Chouji's expansion techniques, about Shikamaru's kagemane no jutsu, etc..., however back then Kakashi and Yamato decided to explain that later to Naruto. This week we are getting an idea of what these kind of chakra manipulations are...

for example Kage mane no jutsu fits perfectly as Yin chakra manipulation, while Baika no Jutsus would fit perfectly as Yan power, however this also open a question, the question if Mokouton would be a yin-yan chakra manipulation technique because both concepts apply, giving life because create trees and even forests and shape because he was able to modify Mokouton, in fact he was the man who built Konoha from this technique, as said early in the manga.

According to Mangastream "translation", "the man who should be named" (Madara) now have two of the six paths within himself, due having Uchiha's power and Senji's powers (correct translation would be Senju), leading to a mistranslation of the spoilers about Madara being the second Rikudo, this clearly rectify Rikudo being the first Sage of the Six Path, Rikudo's son being the second and Nagato being the third.

Does this mean that he is planning to collect the other fourth paths?, Where are those paths, which clans could have members with the remaining paths, Uzumakis?, Hyuugas?, Mizukage's clan? could be another of the paths, it seems that we are going to see a new plot in the story in relation to Madara or Maybe he is just interested in those paths for now, only Kishimoto knows what next, but this could be bring a lot of new stuff and a lot of new interesting ideas to the manga.

Is he planning just to become the Jyuubi's jinchuuriki, is he planning to become a shinobi god or just planning to become the next rikudo by himself?

Rikudo, Six Paths
    This whole story may lead to Madara being at least the reincarnation of Rikudo's older son, Madara just know too much about Rikudo that is doubtful that the Uchiha stone could contain so much information about Rikudo, considering that is the same stone that talks about the Magenkyo Sharingan and it's purpose.

There's just so much going around Rikudo, nos he being able to use Izanagi to make an illusion a reality, now is said that the Uchiha and senju were once the same, probably what will said next is that it was actually Rikudo who created his 2 sons or at least that he passed parts of his abilities to each son, after he told Naruto and co, that they were born that way:

Madara:
    The elder was born with the Sage's eyes and was blessed with his strenght and spiritual energy, he believed that power and might were the keys to peace.
    The Younger was born with the Sage's body and was blessed with his longevity and stamina, he believed that love and understanding were the key to peace.

So the story itself needs someone really old who can tell a different version from what Madara is saying, Madara's "versions" of the story are great, but there should be another version from someone different from Madara.

Tobi vs Konan
    After all Konan did kill Madara, however madara was capable of returning back to life trough using Izanagi, weird huh?, Well is what he explain about the use of Izanagi, this cost him an eye, funny thing is that he didn't want to sacrifice his right eye. Konan lost for the same reason his sensei lost, although fatigued, she let her guard down... leading this to her death(?).

She joined the I believe in Naruto's club, not even Harvey Dent would stand a chance against someone so life changing like Naruto is. However Konan forced "Madara" to go to a point where he had to sacrifice an eye to survive, but at least from this fight we learned a lot more about "Madara", including the fact that he can be killed the way he is.. but it seems that he will achieve at least his original condition.

Konan put a great fight against Madara, better than many of the other characters we have seen against him. however it seems that she didn't know about Izanagi, it also seems that Madara used Izanagi to escape Itachi's Amateratsu, that would explain how he was able to survive the fire that only extinguish till the target is totally consumed by the fire.

Thoughts
    Honestly I hope Konan don't die with at least passing down what she knows about Madara to Naruto, or at least that she already passed this information to him. I think that she still is alive, I mean Hinata got shiran Tensei and stabbed by Pain and survived, so I don't know how she could not survive.. unless he use something beyond the Tsukiyomi we know, that would be Munge Tsukiyomi?

I'll cover a bit more about Rikudo and a little more about Konan, later tonight or tomorrow morning before I head to work, I'm kinda tired here, so I need some rest, If another reviewer brings the topic about two and post similar ideas, I'll just leave the review as it is till other translation show up. Honestly I was thinking about taking a vacation from writing a review this week, but the chapter was so damn good to let it pass. Mangastream/Binktopia translation was a bit weird with the names, especially senji, err I mean the senju, someone tell the translator to fix his keyboard. :P

I'm honestly getting confused more and more about Tobi's goal, sometimes it feels like if he were a total differnt person from who he says he is and sometimes you can't doubt that he is the real deal. His speech about having two of the six paths now make me wonder in which direction the manga heading to, probably we'll get to see Madara targeting other clans to obtain the rest of the conditions or he just probably don't need to do such thing anymore due getting Nagato's eyes.

About Nagato being an Uzumaki, I'll wait for other translations because in some spoilers translation he was called a descendant of the Uzumakis, Uzumaki are not all red hair... this can be clearly seen everyday we look at Naruto and probably, Tsunade aswell. However the Uzumaki are getting their boost as clan in the manga, not yet at the level of the senju or Uchiha, but certainly Kishimoto is building something in relation to the Uzumakis. Can you Smeeelllll what Kishimoto is cooking?, certanly is not the rock's strudel.

I'm heading home, please check this review later tonight or tomorrow for changes, a review about Rikudo and more about Konan.

P.D: Last week I promised that it would post echii content if we hit the 10k hits, but we didn't... I mean what's wrong with you people!... So this week if we hit 10k hits I'll post not only Ecchi things, but also beyond ecchi... you all know what I'm talking about about, don't come at me like saints thinking , huh!.. :P

Later folks thanks for reading....
    Last edited by Alterno; October 04, 2010 at 02:05 AM.

2. Thanks 37 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Afi Sharingan's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Madara's Izanagi, ch.510

I`m glad that you didnt make a break from review,
    within last 10-15 chapters we learned more that from what we can sometimes get for 100...
    i think Konan isn`t dead for some reason,i`m wondering what ninjutsu was she about to perform at the end,another final exchange life for some powerfull technique?
    now we now what can happens when Senju and Uchiha combined,don`t know why bubt some freak idea came to my mind with Sasuke redeem himself by giving his eyes away to Naruto as his last act of good will,or what if Itachi would implant some of Uchiha abilities...i thought that maga heading towards end,but now is so many scenarios possible.
    Thanx a lot for your effort to write reviews!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Biassed's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great review, and pretty quick too!
    I think Rikudo is the right name of the first sage of six paths, isn't it?
    I don't want Konan to die like this. I have a feeling that kishi will use her to pass the intel on
    Madara to Naruto and and the alliance. I really liked the idea that madara/tobi used izanagi to escape Amaterasu.
    Thanks much again.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the review. I'm pretty much with you 100% this week.

You bring up an interesting idea about the way Tobi seems to be telling stories about Uchiha Madara in the third person(i'd like to know if that is the way it sounds in japanese) and the possibility that he could be something like a reincarnation of the Rikudo's elder son. I hadn't thought of that possibility it seems.....rather plausible actually. I like it.

As for Konan's death i am also really hoping for her miraculous survival, but my gut says she's gone. Passing on a message to Naruto about Izanagi is about the best i feel like i can hope for. I'd love to be wrong though i've grown really fond of her in the last few chapters.

About where Tobi goes from here i really don't know. This chapter has left me feeling rather confused. So i'll just go with what i want to see instead. I'd love to see some Nagato contingency plan to screw Tobi over activate when he reaches for the eyes.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ameya730's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

nice review

as far as konan's death is concerned i dont really want her to die but if she is going to. then i rather she die with her cloak on. akatsuki was started by the people who she loved and she was one of the original members so it would be nice to see her die with it on.

p.s: why have you not applied for a reviewer status cause you have been writing reviews now for quite a while.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

i am lost here :
    Quote Quote:
    this clearly rectify Ridoku being the first Sage of the Six Path, Ridoku's son being the second and Nagato being the third.
    i thought when madara said nagato is the third of the six paths.....it meant his powers,that is either the powers of rinnegan or that of uzumaki clan (or may be both of them are the same) is the third path of the six paths of rikudo senin,while uchiha's and senju's powers were the first two. i don't think it meant that nagato was third sage of six paths. i thought what meant there wasn't that nagato possessed all the six paths,rather what he possessed was the third path of the six.

i may be wrong but my argument is that if you are right,then why nagato doesn't have "the power of uchiha and senju" which was stated by konan as the "power of the six paths"? surely that meant that those two were the first two of the six paths....and uzumaki or rinnegan is the third.

i am hoping that byakugan will end up another one of the paths.
    Last edited by ashher; September 16, 2010 at 12:55 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Architect's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as we have speculated, Madara now is just a shell of his former self, and his abilities have been diminished to only the space/time jutsu due to the battle he had with Hashirama. However now he has admitted that he fought with him to get his power and now he has the Izanagi, so does this mean that he sacrificed all his former jutsu's and possibly his MS (speculating since we have not seen it yet) just to obtain Izanagi? I mean do you think he actually even lost anything when he fought with him or he as soo much more up his sleeve, for example maybe with all those eyes he has he actually has his original left MS eye on stand by saving it for a real battle and just using the spares to make sure he does not die by some ambush?

You will all be my Bitches...

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member samsiufan's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I like this - thanks for the review. The only doubt I have is whether there are truly 6 paths out there besides Senju and Uchiha or whether Madara really meant the 2 sides of the 6 paths are now one in other words the 2 parts of the Rikudou Sennin are now one which will tie in with the the story of there being 2 sons and what he has managed to do is bring the power of both sons together in one body. Which is what Danzou did however imperfect it was...
    Focus on your circle of influence and not your circle of concern
    Jiraiya: Right, I need a title for the next book..Ah...Got it....
    THE TALE OF UZIMAKI NARUTO SASUKE
    About Pain: Yahiko provides the ideals and Nagato is the means

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MonsterEnvy's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Konan is not dead she did not lose her cloak

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity lordHokage's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: Madara's Izanagi, ch.510

Quote Originally Posted by Alterno View Post
    Also when he talks about Madara he tends to talk about himself in third person....What did he mean about those others using Hashirama power using an incomplete form of Izanagi?....Konan put a great fight against Madara, better than many of the other characters we have seen against him.
    Thanks for the review.

Why Tobi aka Madara talks about himself in the third person is very confusing, maybe he is a sociopath. Who are the others Tobi was referring to besides Danzou and himself, and as for better than any other characters..., I beg to differ.

You truly deserve the title of Yondaime Hokage

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sage ninetail's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the review
    it was a good chapter, we learned a lot about madara, his plans, and immortality.
    as for konan I hope she is not dead, and something telling me this not over, with nagato smile, the rainbow konan did just before madara put her in a genjutsu and so on. we'll see it next week. thanks for the review and keep it up.

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice review once again.

About the right eye: I think its "special", which gives Madara the S/T techniques <kind like Shisui's has special genjutsu> Madara seems fond of such "special" eyes. I think the left one is always replacable with his stock pile of eyes, for usage of Izanagi is necessary, like you said.
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Intl Translator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Shunran's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

The way he refers to himself as "Madara" has nothing ambiguous to it: he's just saying he's Madara, period: he's not really talking in third person, it's just some kind of rethorical device he uses to put some emphasis on his own words. Or, at least, it sounds like this to me (in japanese, I mean).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Alterno's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I just read SleepyFans chapter and compared with a third option and I'm glad that I don't have to ask for deep changes in the poll.

Third Person.

Madara speaking in third persona is really interesting due many things sometimes the author writes in a way to put emphasis about his power due praising himself in third person and other times he uses it as he were speaking about Madara like if he were someone else, hopefully we'll get our hands in the raw this weekend.

As for the Six Paths

Sleepyfans brings a different perspective from binktopia's translation... in Sleepyfans this week coincide with many of the spoilers translators that say that Madara refered himself as the the one who could be named the second Sage of the Six paths.

But this is really confusing, once we get the raw we might see who got this panel right if SF or MS, if this is confirmed by translators, then we can star to speculate that this guy could actually be Rikudo's elder son. Rikudo is the name of the first Sage of the Six Paths (Six Packs) .

@ Konan
    I know I said I would be editing Konan's part 2 days ago, but to be honest today I got bleach in my eye left eye and I'm not talking about Tubo's bleach.

Konan is an amazing shinobi, taking advantage of her technique she managed to force Tobi to go further than we ha seen so far in his fights, this is a great thing imho.

Back @ Tobi...
    I wonder if we might get too see Tobi to be something like Harvey 2 Faces, one side an Uchiha face and the other side a Senju face.
    Last edited by Alterno; October 04, 2010 at 02:06 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlB's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

hey alterno, thanks for the great review.

I hope konan's not dead but chances are slim... ah, well, whatever, I guess Madara should have won at least one fight in the last hundred years
    but it appears that in fact he did win against Hashirama, he "obtained Hashirama's power" but does that mean? Mokuton? Madara can use wood techs now?

another interesting thing, those 6 paths... so sage of six paths means that the guy had 6 incredible powers right? I always thought it to be more philosopycal name than literal. anyway, my thoughts on paths (and Madara's progress):
    1. Mokuton (obtained)
    2. Sharingan (obtained)
    3. Rinnegan (obtained/in process)
    4. Byakugan (is he going to target Konoha's hyuuga clan next? I wonder)
    5. Uzumaki clan's special chakra (Naruto is bound to have that special chakra of his mother's, so I guess that Madara is after him not only because he is a jinchuriki)
    6. No idea but my guess would be Juubi itself

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast