Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Who takes it?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Byakuya with ease

The results are hidden 0%
  • Byakuya with difficulty

• Gin with ease

• Gin with difficulty

New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Gin vs. Byakuya

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaintSheik's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gin vs. Byakuya

Gin vs. Byakuya

Both were said to have high potential when they were younger and hey, it almost happened. That and I could've sworn this thread would have been brought up before. Anyway the Rules and Conditions are that the fight takes place on Sokyoku Hill (Seireitei) and that they can use everything that has been shown in the manga.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MidnightAngel's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gin vs. Byakuya

Even if Byakuya is one of my favourite bleach characters i find it really difficult for him to match Gin. For what he has shown he was one of the strongest Shinigami and the only one, not counting Yama-ji, that has "killed" Aizen in his semi perfect mode. I don't think Byakuya could keep up with Shinso, and senbonzakura's petals would be useless against Shinso's Bankai. One sided match imo

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Petals block provided he plays defensively, and he has enough of them that he can go both offensive and keep a force large enough around him that won't allow the blade to pierce him. Byakuya with minor difficulty mainly because it'll take a while to subdue him giving him a chance for a lucky shot, 70-30, but if he goes Imperial blade or god forbid Senkei Gin has a chance to get a decent blow in which might end it depending on how close it is to his chest.

This is of course assuming the kill command is not required with a touch. If so Gin gets raped. I severely doubt it though, no one's bankai could suck that hard.

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Byakuya petals would be able to block the God killing spear. It has a lot of force behind it, but more importantantly I don't think Byakuya would be able to react to it right off the bat without prior knowledge of what it does.

If Byakuya is unaware of how fast Gin bankai is, then Gins first attack could kill him. Byakuya should have an advantage though, if he is able to Dodge the first attack and uses senkei.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo's blade managed to block it, his petals, provided there's enough of a solid flowing mass left to defend/deflect, will do just fine.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Gins bankai would not be a good defense against byakuya's though. Byakuya is fairly mobile and can use his bankai to attack and defend at the same time. I don't think gin has any sort of advantage here.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gin has the advantage of only needing to get one good hit in to end it. Byakuya's going to have to wear Gin down to win, which although Gin is no Kenpachi or Hitsugaya, or indeed Komamura, able to take absolutely massive amounts of damage and still pull out something out of their arse to kick yours, save Komamura obviously who just takes it like a bitch and gets up purely to ask for more, is still going to be tricky in that it's going to take several potent hits before he starts to get significant slowed down.

His problem however is getting that good hit in. Which while possible if he strikes in a location before Byakuya sees and sets up a good sized wall of petals to deflect/defend, is also tricky in itself.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaintSheik's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Anyway the Rules and Conditions are that the fight takes place on Sokyoku Hill (Seireitei) and that they can use everything that has been shown in the manga.
    Part of the reason why I emphasized on everything that we have seen is that Byakuya has had much more screen time so we have a better idea on his abilities, as well as his limits. With Gin's Bankai revealed, I'd imagine that it wouldn't be so easy to say who the winner would be. I think Gin's Poison's ability, which as far as we know is activated on touch, is the most fearsome aspect of his bankai, if not his power.

However, I believe Byakuya is faster. Bankai aside, using Cicada then Senka immediately afterward could end the battle rather quickly. That and if Ichigo could understand the mechanics behind Kamishini no Yari, then I'm sure Byakuya would be able to as well. That and Byakuya has been shown to be extremely efficient in kido, having used it in every major battle so far. I thought this would be a pretty interesting matchup. And I'm a Gin fan, sure, but I think Byakuya gets this with some level of difficulty.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I think byakuya wins due to his versatility. He can just do so much more stuff than gin. gins bankai, while absurdly powerful, is very straightforward. It won't take long for byakuya to figure out its basic workings (although he has no way of figuring out the poison detail). Byakuya can attack from a limitless number of angles and his bankai and kido make the sheer number of attacks and strategies limitless. He would definitely have a hard time but provided he does not let his guard down I think he'd win 60% of the times against the guy.

11. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was waiting for this one, glad someone finally did it.

I say byakuya, mostly because of his personality, I think he would approach gins bankai with way more confidence than ichigo did.

Byakuya is an awesome swordsman, cicada would work very nicely to save him from a potential poisoning, then there's senbonzakura kageyoshi, gin doesn't move around much so I say gokei. It was big enough to engulf and destroy aaroneiros palace, I think its byakuyas best attack against gin.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I say Gin wins. I don't agree with those that have said the cherry blossoms could stop Gin's bankai blade (Ichigo easily swatted them away with his bankai sword), and even if they could, they aren't that fast; a simple shunpo behind Byakuya and extension of the sword would be all it takes to end the fight. In other words, he can form a wall in front of him if he wants, all Gin has to do is move around him then. His blade moves way faster than the petals too.

Overall I just think it's pretty unrealistic to say that when two captains fight each other one of them would never even be able to land ONE single hit on the other - which is what some of you are suggesting here.

15. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yay, Ichigo could deflect them back when he was actually good. All I know is that the crappy HM arc Ichigo could block a thrust with his sword and block several hundred with his mask for zero damage. Byakuya has far more than enough petals to make a wall all around him and keep on the offensive.

Granted it takes just one to slip through which is entirely possible (Hence why the odds are 70:30 as opposed to the 95-5 I would have given Byakuya otherwise), but the problem with Gin's bankai is despite it's ZOMG uber so called speed someone established not that long ago to be slower than Orihime could still dodge and react to it. It's mainly its massive lethality despite it's other specs not being as impressive as advertised that still keeps it in the game, and even then it has to be an embedded cut at least near the chest area to really end it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlB's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    I say Gin wins. I don't agree with those that have said the cherry blossoms could stop Gin's bankai blade (Ichigo easily swatted them away with his bankai sword), and even if they could, they aren't that fast; a simple shunpo behind Byakuya and extension of the sword would be all it takes to end the fight. In other words, he can form a wall in front of him if he wants, all Gin has to do is move around him then. His blade moves way faster than the petals too.

Overall I just think it's pretty unrealistic to say that when two captains fight each other one of them would never even be able to land ONE single hit on the other - which is what some of you are suggesting here.
    I second that, plus, should Kamishini no Yari make a simple contact with Byakuya its over. the poison will spread and we say bey-bey to Byakkun. I think that even Byakuya's supporters agree that there's no way he won't get away from this fight without a single wound.
    so:
    best result for Gin - victory
    best result for Byakuya - draw, they both die

@conn-man
    byakuya wins due to his personality? his damn arrogance will never allow him to go Bankai immediately in the fight, and seeing that Gin has no issues with doing that then I would say that byakuya's personality is exactly what would cause his downfall
    Last edited by AlB; September 26, 2010 at 06:55 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member poobert's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Gin wins.... Byakuya has the potential to screw himself over in this one.

If he goes all out with his bankai petals to swamp Gin, he looses sight of Gin. That is a mistake. Ichigo only managed to dodge because he saw where Gin was pointing his sword, Byakuya may be quick in a straight line, but he can't block Gin's bankai if he can't see it coming.

Gin's shikai is dodgable. Hitsu did it. The exact same move in bankai however, nailed aizen and then some. If byakuya hides Gin in petals, he is a dead man. (also one bankai attack from Byakuya can't even kill Renji.. he will need a few to get Gin, while Gin has a one hit kill)
    My blog. Not very interesting, but if you are bored and want to burn time, there are pages of junk to read!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Drakk707's Avatar
    What's the point of telling you if you won't know where it is anyways?
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Gin wins.... Byakuya has the potential to screw himself over in this one.

If he goes all out with his bankai petals to swamp Gin, he looses sight of Gin. That is a mistake. Ichigo only managed to dodge because he saw where Gin was pointing his sword, Byakuya may be quick in a straight line, but he can't block Gin's bankai if he can't see it coming.
    Same goes for Gin, if he can't see Byakuya he can't aim properly, so I say it would be a smart choice to use his petals as a smock screen in order to hinder Gin's vision and at the same time use them to attack him (Unlike Gin's bankai Byakuya's have a wider range of attack so he doesn't necesarily needs to see his enemies to harm them, just sensing a bit of their reiatsu will point out their location accurately enough for his petals to completely crush that spot)

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    (also one bankai attack from Byakuya can't even kill Renji.. he will need a few to get Gin, while Gin has a one hit kill)
    Psss he obviously went easy on Renji, he saw no reason to waste energy and reiatsu performing a stronger attack against such a small fry Or are you forgetting about Gōkei? No matter how sturdy Gin may be there's no way he's surviving to that.

Quote Originally Posted by AlB View Post
    his damn arrogance will never allow him to go Bankai immediately in the fight, and seeing that Gin has no issues with doing that then I would say that byakuya's personality is exactly what would cause his downfall
    He's more prudent than arrogant and prudency tells me that if you're going up against a former-captain who (like if that weren't enough) joined Aizen (famous due to his bad-habit of enhancing the natural abilities of his minions with the Hogyoku) and moreover against Gin who during his time as captain wasn't exactly known for his benevolence in combat you should go bankai right away. If he has put his arrogance over his prudence before it was because he wasn't expecting much of a fight from a substitute shinigami, a guy who rides on top of a swine or from his airhead lieutenant.
    Last edited by Drakk707; September 26, 2010 at 09:29 AM.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast