Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Character Design

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favourite Character Design

I just started (resumed?) reading Soul Eater after putting it on hold after reading just the one-shots some time back. I really like Doctor Franken Stein's design!
    Spoiler show

How often do you see a character with a screw in his head? Also seems like a poke at the description of a crazy character (which Stein is, kinda) as "having a screw lose" ^^

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Alucard of Hellsing
    I love this mix of madness, coolness, classiness and whatelse, he's simply incredibly cool

Selas Victoria of Hellsing
    <3

Gutts of Berserk
    Not really special actually but I like the style alot, and he always has cool armor and weapons

Uchiha Itachi of Naruto
    I simply like this style
    Last edited by Roflkopt3r; October 15, 2010 at 01:47 PM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    @naruto-niichan: I love how Shizuo fights with his suit on, which is very unlike a bartender. XD
    Shizuo's whole personality is really different from a bartender XD he's more like a anti-bartender but I would love to see him work in a real restaurant

some new ones:

Sawada Tsunayoshi (Hitman Reborn): Loving Tsuna's outfit, Amano is such a epic drawer XD The flame, the gloves, the mafia uniform, even his hair's great. Should post that in the greatest manga hair threat Actually I started reading Reborn because I saw a pic of him and thought it was pure awsomeness. His character is somewhat contrary but oh my, it's all about appearance here

Father (Fullmetal Alchemist): Creepy as hell, Arakawa-sensei did a great job. He looks like pure insanity with all those eyes and the big mouth

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Micronesia
    Post Thanks / Like

^ KHR's character design (appearance-wise) is very interesting indeed. The main reason i read KHR in the first place is because i am curious why is that boy's hair is on fire. xD
    Chrome's design also prompts me.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Anti-bartender? I like that term. 8D

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Sawada Tsunayoshi (Hitman Reborn): Loving Tsuna's outfit, Amano is such a epic drawer XD The flame, the gloves, the mafia uniform, even his hair's great. Should post that in the greatest manga hair threat Actually I started reading Reborn because I saw a pic of him and thought it was pure awsomeness. His character is somewhat contrary but oh my, it's all about appearance here
    I love the "Vongola X" tattoo in the picture! I had the same impression as R4n before I read KHR: why is that boy's head on fire? XD (Of course, I knew about Reborn beforehand too.) The colour page for Ch. 303 was amazing.

I think I'll have to change your mind about the character himself. It's for another discussion though.

Quote Quote:
    Father (Fullmetal Alchemist): Creepy as hell, Arakawa-sensei did a great job. He looks like pure insanity with all those eyes and the big mouth
    Eyes are the window to the soul and those eyes lack one. They're so freaky and evil-looking.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Jotaro Kujo from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure has one of the most unique designs for a character you'll see anywhere. A throwback to classic delinquent uniforms, set off by a gold chain extending from the collar of his jacket to his waist, and a hat usually tilted to the side.

Of course we have to mention Pain, more specifically god realm and the male anima realm. While piercings of that frequency would like outlandish and freakish for a normal human being, Pain wears them and the Akatsuki robe with style that no one else can match.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Jotaru Kuro's hat! His traditional Japanese school uniform looks really nice as well.

Pain certainly does look interesting, and it's really symbolic with his character. The many piercings he has all over his body reflect his viewpoint at the time. Feeling physical pain to enhance the emotional one... it's fitting.

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

@Asa yeah Pain had a weary fitting outfit but I thought it was a bit gross with all the pearcings. It may be because I never really liked pearcings, especially if there are that much

I really love Mephisto Pheles (Ao no Exorcist) outfit, it's totally crazy. He has a interesting mix between serious and absolutely hilarious clothing, that makes him loke like someone from a circus
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; November 10, 2010 at 03:12 PM.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The arm piercings were freaky, but he stood out because of it. XD In general I loved the design of the Akatsuki cloak.

I think Mephisto would be really fun to cosplay! His outfit is simple (in a good way) so it wouldn't be too much of a hassle.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How could I forget to mention Seto Kaiba?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

What part of Kaiba's design do you like?

I like his white trench coat.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hdiuy's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

There are just too many fav character designs for me that i can't seem to process them all =X
    Anyway i do remember 2 character designs that made me fell in love with em immediatedly

Kuma from OP. He just has this awesome aura around him. Even though his tummy looks round, it doesn't make him look weird.

Urahara from Bleach. I don't know why i find him cool. Back when i know nuts about Bleach(okay i still don't know much about Bleach since i never read it from the start, but still...), i was like "wow, cool!" when i first saw him. Maybe its because of his laid-back look, who knows?

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Kuma's tummy is an adorable trait. <3 From the images I'm viewing right now, all his facial expressions are serious.

Urahara reminds me of someone. I can't pinpoint who. Anyway, I really adore his green kimono with his Western looking hat. I haven't read BLEACH but I'll keep an eye on him because he does look pretty interesting.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Favourite Character Design

Yeah, Kaiba's trench coat is BADASS. Yami wishes he could look that good.

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinsengumi's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast