Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/6/14 - 10/12/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Character Design

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favourite Character Design

There are tons of awesome designs in Naruto.Zabuza,early Gaara,Orochimaru,Jiraiya,Lee and the Raikage,just to name a few.

One of my favourite character designs ever is from Princess Mononoke;I will never forget that awesome design:
    Spoiler show
    Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    @Kaiten: In a flashback I remember he introduced around five ninjas who used to be Danzou's comrades, and that was all we saw of them. I still have my (delusional) hopes up for Tenga though! It would be a waste not to incorporate him in the story again. LOL
    He used him again:
    Spoiler show

Quote Originally Posted by shinsengumi View Post
    Didn't really like it to be honest,i liked Zangetsu's design,though,that old one that is.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. Naruto has a wide array of interesting character designs. I forgot to add that I like Konan's look too.

Orochimaru has quite an impact because even my mom liked his design. (She just saw him on TV.)

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    He used him again:
    Spoiler show
    I don't care if I'm his only fan(girl) because he's awesome! He has the same markings as Princess Mononoke.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shinsengumi View Post
    Well you can, but don't have to
    He resembles Alucard very much in that form by the way, I just can't find the right image

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_WtbwJg919Q...ng+%281%29.jpg
    http://icyy.fm.interia.pl/Alucard.jpg

Naruto indeed has some cool designs, I liked the pretty unspectacular one of Kurotsuchi for example.

And then there is a full category I like but which are too many to be specific: All those monsters, apostles and mythical creatures appearing in Berserk. Especially the apostles are totally crazy in many cases, way beyond the crazyness of many other manga. They really look as mad as they're supposed to be. There are some which I didn't like, but the variety really is huge.
    A random dragon: http://www.theblackswordsman.com/wp-...06_preview.png
    Zodd: http://kuro.hanyuu.net/image/1218dc3...uts%20zodd.jpg
    Diverse huge apostles: http://s1-a.animea-server.net/4%2F299_DSFLM%2F06-07.jpg
    Random apostles: http://s1-a.animea-server.net/4%2F298_PJWRU%2F18-19.jpg
    Last edited by Roflkopt3r; November 21, 2010 at 04:13 AM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bromamura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Tetsuhito Kagiroi [Tenjou Tenge]
    With the mohawk and buff figure arises an air of toughness and arrogance, albeit it's a controlled arrogance that belies the man’s true nature. On first appearance you don’t get the feeling that he is actively trying to appear intimidating as regular manga thugs would do. However as his air of civility eventually fades away, the design allows him to successfully transition into a monster. Also that blade of his looks hardcore.

Killy [Blame!]
    Whilst I didn’t quite like Nihei’s art for the first quarter or so of Blame! due to the characters being awkwardly proportioned at times and Killy’s grass-like hair(The environment was top-notch through-out though). There were vast improvements as the manga went on. Killy for the second half of Blame! looks like a man of no compromise, a very badass one at that. There’s a ruggedness in his youthful facial feaures, which combined with the suit and handgun sized GBE gives sense of professionalism and total efficiency.

Grimmjow Jeagerjaques [Bleach]
    Like Tetsuhito, a fine physical specimen. However rather than that misleading sense of controlled arrogance, the messy blue hair, scarred chest, six-pack and that crazy grin all suggests the opposite. The Sexta Espada does not care to hide his ferocity, his resurrection further accentuates this. Its streamline design, wild long hair, talons and tails are predatory characteristics that literally bring out the animal within him.

V.V [Code Geass]
    Androgynous. His eyes got that same Selim Bradley look of coldness which suggest a disregard for human lives. Though unlike the latter whose appearance is designed to blend in as an ordinary child, the royal clothing and body length+ blonde hair only adds to the air of loftiness, emphasing that he is no mere mortal.

Ichimaru Gin [Bleach]
    He does genuinely look like he’s enjoying himself almost all the time, though I never thought the smile to be creepy tbh, slightly mischevous perhaps. It effectively combines with those large long sleeves to be suggestive of his mysterious psychology and agenda. Though the best part actually comes when the smile drops and the eyes open. That one backward glance at Hitsugaya would have you well reminded that his limit is not to be tested.

Saito Hajime [Rurouni Kenshin]
    He’s got that villainous look going on, the eyes and facial structure radiates killer intent and the same predatory instinct that Grimmjow would be proud of. Though Saito looks far more experienced and cunning. Like with Killy the police uniform also suggests military efficiency, more importantly it reflects his sense of duty as an adherer of Aku Soku Zan.

Donquixote Doflamingo [One Piece]
    Flamboyant clothing + bare chest + sun glasses and all that tongue poking gives an impression of a slightly loopy hedonist.

The teddy bear guy from Afro Samurai, can’t remember his name, but the mask has got that built-in cool factor.
    Last edited by Bromamura; December 11, 2010 at 01:12 PM.

6. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Saito Hajime from ruruoni kenshin, in both his shinsengumi and police dress.

The gunsmoker from dogs.
    Last edited by ashher; December 12, 2010 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Some Additions:

Gauche Suede of Tegami Bachi
    Spoiler show

Thorfinn of Vinland Saga
    Spoiler show

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bromamura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

A few more...

Majin Buu [DBZ]
    Fat bubblegum man on first impression, it's just a really fun design.

Level 1 Exterminator [Blame!]
    Like a cyberpunk version of the grim reaper, even though there's no scythe it still feels like a personification of death. Akin to a ghostly apparition the Exterminator has got an aura of otherworldliness to it, something beyond human comprehension. It's what Aizen's transcendent form should have been instead of all that mullet growing and pokemon evolutions.

Batou [Ghost in the Shell]
    Cyborg Steven Seagal is auto-win.

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Jiggy Pepper of Tegami Bachi
    Spoiler show

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The Wretched Egg from "Deadman Wonderland"

Spoiler show

The King from "Hunter x Hunter"

Spoiler show

Dunno why but I really like his outfit, it's kind of mixture between Cell and Enel

16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I basically like every ninja design in Naruto, although some of the most recent ones may look a bit simple due to Kishi's art style now. My favourite however would have to be Killer Bee's design. Whilst Yuugito's design seemed to be lacking, Kishi made sure that the other Hidden Cloud jinchuuriki looked awesome!

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I kinda like the Ichigo (Bleach) after the dankai training. He looked so bada**, serene, yet immensely powerful. FGT and his normal Bankai is also decent enough. I have more characters but I will post later on with a pictures or links.
    Last edited by thornofcarrion; January 17, 2011 at 12:54 AM.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Orochimaru a lot, but I think my favorite shounen character from this POV would be Byakuya...his royal insignia, captain outfit just come together very well

22. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    I like Orochimaru a lot, but I think my favorite shounen character from this POV would be Byakuya...his royal insignia, captain outfit just come together very well
    When I was either watching or reading Naruto, my mom walked behind me and commented that she liked the "long-haired guy". XD /cool story bro
    The character design I also like is my favourite character Byakuran from KHR. *points to icon* I love how his design is symbolic in an ironic way. He appears quite heavenly with his light, feathery hair and white outfits (the final battle of the arc further enhances the fact); however, he's more like a fallen angel.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys watched the getbackers? There is also the original manga...but i never found a readable scanlation. It had my most favorite blond male design...Amano Ginji(when he is in Lightning Emperor mode). Mido Ban and Kurudo Akabane(guy in my avatar) were pretty cool as well.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I like a lot of the Stand character designs from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Especially Star Platinum, Crazy Diamond and The World.

The characters in general from JJBA have cool character designs. Their hairstyles and clothes are all very unique. Plus the art style makes everything stand out so much more. Steel Ball Run has really stepped it up in the art department for this series.
    Spoiler show

Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast