Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Chains of Fate

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Panama
    Post Thanks / Like

Chains of Fate

Hey there, I represent a group called Rokumanga (think of it as the CLAMP group or most of the artist writer pairings that work under one name). We are working to establish a reader base so if you can support us it would be greatly appreciated.

You can check the manga out at www.rokumanga.com

All Comments and Critiques can be posted here.

Genre: Adventure/Comedy/Fantasy/Samurai/Shounen

Synopsis

Spoiler show

Here is the profile of the main characters for the prologue:

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Here is the official cover of the manga, pages of the prologue will be uploaded soon.

Spoiler show
    Last edited by RokuManga; November 19, 2011 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Added Content

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member TitaniumChloride's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I see, your art ain't half bad and I'm impressed by the effort behind the preview pages you're teasing us with up there. Well done!

Now, it's probably unfair of me to say all this since you guys haven't even put up a full chapter yet, but I'm personally not all that excited about Chains of Fate. From reading the brief synopsis, I got the impression of 'two wandering warriors helping random people out and will eventually face a great evil' which sounds rather... cliché. There's nothing there that tells me how your story will stand out from the rest. Despite that, it's not a bad thing if you're sticking to the basics, especially since this is your first project. It's all in the execution, as they say. By the time your chapter comes out, I might even be kicking myself in the teeth for saying all this because you guys really know what you're doing.

One last thing I'm concerned with atm is the many side stories you're all planning. I worry that the side stories might overtake the main story, which is kind of a bad thing since it's supposed the main story that holds everything together. It might even be that the side stories become more interesting than the main story.

Here's to hoping that your actual work will put all these irrelevant fears to rest.

My Manga List (outdated)

Shows: Supernatural, Legend of Korra
    Webcomics: Homestuck, Paranatural, Gunnerkrigg Court
    Tumblr: onewayworld

Country
    Panama
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chains of Fate

Quote Originally Posted by TitaniumChloride View Post
    From what I see, your art ain't half bad and I'm impressed by the effort behind the preview pages you're teasing us with up there. Well done!

Now, it's probably unfair of me to say all this since you guys haven't even put up a full chapter yet, but I'm personally not all that excited about Chains of Fate. From reading the brief synopsis, I got the impression of 'two wandering warriors helping random people out and will eventually face a great evil' which sounds rather... cliché. There's nothing there that tells me how your story will stand out from the rest. Despite that, it's not a bad thing if you're sticking to the basics, especially since this is your first project. It's all in the execution, as they say. By the time your chapter comes out, I might even be kicking myself in the teeth for saying all this because you guys really know what you're doing.

One last thing I'm concerned with atm is the many side stories you're all planning. I worry that the side stories might overtake the main story, which is kind of a bad thing since it's supposed the main story that holds everything together. It might even be that the side stories become more interesting than the main story.

Here's to hoping that your actual work will put all these irrelevant fears to rest.
    Thanks for the constructive criticism, this is exactly what we need right now.

Things to clarify:

-Side stories will be made in a much later point of the Manga.

-We understand that the plot synopsis is rather vague and we plan to rewrite it to make it far more attractive and interesting.

The upcoming update will include an updated synopsis and also a new description of another country, Pyong Sool.

Stay tuned for the latest updates!

Update for today:

-Added genre and better plot synopsis

-Added new country description, Pyong Sool
    Last edited by RokuManga; September 29, 2010 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member beltranl's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed the art... Like TitaniumChloride said the drawings from the preview are really descriptive saying, that picture wise it will be very good to see. I am wondering though if they will just travel the world fighting random guys, throwing the Main Villain and the point of the story here and there until they finally meet up. I can understand some random fights in the beginning and a few here and there later on, but if a story is meant to show us what the story is meant to be, fights directly related to the villain have to take most of the story... like bleach, it started out really good and interesting, but after so many meaningless fights it takes a toll making it hard to keep viewing/reading... I mean loyal readers will keep reading/viewing until it gets good again, but why do it in the first place. Some very good mangas have been short. It's better to have something short and sweet than long and unsatisfying. Neon Genesis Evangelion was short, but a very fulfilling manga. I wrote a lot, sorry. I hope you don't think I'm trying to discourage you, just think the story through to make it the best it can because I really think it could be something great. Well, good luck and I hope to see more.
    Last edited by beltranl; October 15, 2010 at 08:40 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Theorangefox's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn that artwork is nice but they don't really look 7 or 8 from the concepts you showed us. Again with the main storyline it does sound a bit empty and cliché but i have yet to see your updates. I definitely see potential here especially with the artwork as you have shown you can already work it into a manga format, Keep going at it! (PS; i wish i could draw like you guys!)
    Last edited by Theorangefox; January 08, 2011 at 05:54 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think it is wonderful and original, your artwork is really good, i guess its cause your older than me. the plot seems good and everything looks really carefuly planned and thought out. keep going and rech for the manga stars!!1

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I agree, the art is excellent.
    I love MANGA

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

This can be interesing, but ...orginal? I dont think so...or...Im just wrong xD I see two swordsmans like white tiger and black dragon yin yang one is optimist and secound is pessimist... but what we can do to make this more interesing...er....? I feel this is boring for now... ;p I think this will be interesing but we have many swordsman' story for now... boring, boring boring xD
    Last edited by shinjiru777; March 18, 2011 at 11:27 AM.

Country
    Panama
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone, its been a while since we've updated this post. We would like to inform you that our work has been steadily progressing and soon will upload the full prologue for your enjoyment

We appreciate all of your comments and critique! Keep checking as we will start updating with more stuff later on!

We have uploaded our first 10 page teaser over at rokumanga.smackjeeves.com.

The site is still in development and most likely move on to our own domain as soon as the page layout is done.

Give the site a visit and post your comments/critique over here!

The RokuManga Team

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice art, reminds me of katanagatari.
    Good luck to your project

Country
    Panama
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone! Its been a while since we last posted information about our manga project. Today we are glad to announce that our manga progress is going stronger than ever and we also have our official website!

Any critiques regarding the cover of the manga or the first 10 pages in the manga section of our site are more than welcome We will be updating this post more regularly and with lots of more content.

Regards,

The RokuManga Team

---------- Post added November 24, 2011 at 03:13 AM ---------- Previous post was November 19, 2011 at 09:32 PM ----------

Hey everybody! We've updated our website, www.rokumanga.com, and added 19 pages to the Prologue chapter.

We've received some concerns regarding Chain's of Fate's logo design as well as its cover so we are currently modifying them. Expect the modified logo and new cover sometime soon.

Any comments or criticisms are more than welcome both here and on our site.

Hope to hear from the Manga Helpers community,

The RokuManga team

Country
    Panama
    Post Thanks / Like

Heu guys! Long time no see. Just letting you all know that we have made another page update (up to 53 pages now!)

We will be uploading the last few pages by the end of this week.

Hope you guys like the new pages! As always, please leave your comments and critiques!

Regards,

The RokuManga Team

New Reply