Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Berserk Movie Announced

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk Movie Announced

I'm on pins and needles for it
    I think a well done movie can very well capture the good storytelling of Berserk, in best case even better than an anime seperated into many episodes could. But it's no guarantee of course, I really hope that they'll create a movie worthy of Berserk.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

at first I was disappointed that the trailers were just for a movie- but if the movie's only the start of one ginormous project then I can't be sad but excited instead! and hopeful!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    As long as the movies aeren't like the normal crap/okay movies or kid/cartoon movies that only goes for 90 minutes. Have the movie go for 120 minutes like most blockbuster films
    Screw 120 Minutes go for 180 in fact going for 360 minutes would work with Berserk. For them to do this right they have to do it like the recent LOTR movies, where the story continued from one to the next. I just hope they don't try and do something stupid like only have movies based on certain arcs. As long as the movies are true to the manga and show everything I am 100% for this. Hell even if they didn't seeing it animated at all is nice enough for me :P
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 92

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Jaina's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing LLamapie's comment got me thinking, why not make the movies 150 minutes! If they did that perhaps the first movie (if these are being released in theaters and aren't direct to DVD OVAs) might get consideration from Western movie critics and possibly get noticed. I know it's a long shot, but if Spirited Away can win an Academy Award (not knocking it, it's a good movie), then Berserk could at least get some minor acknowledgment.

In any case, I don't think going beyond 150 minutes would be necessary as it might simply be bleeding into the next movie. They can release as many movies as they want IMO so long as they don't rush anything.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

No offense to ladies on here, but i think all femist groups in USA n aust will be bitching bout getting the berserk movie ban because it has rape/gore/gore/um epic violence/nudity and gore.

The time of the will depend on how it all goes. Personally i would like them to start the first 15-20 minutes doing volume 1-3 then it goes to the past of guts in the golden age and end when griffith betrays them.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No offense to ladies on here, but i think all femist groups in USA n aust will be bitching bout getting the berserk movie ban because it has rape/gore/gore/um epic violence/nudity and gore.

The time of the will depend on how it all goes. Personally i would like them to start the first 15-20 minutes doing volume 1-3 then it goes to the past of guts in the golden age and end when griffith betrays them.
    Nah I would argue they would support it. Look at Caska in the golden arc. She is the Jesus of Feminists.

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 92

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

By calling men dogs lol

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i'll most probably get some torrented version- I don't think I'll ever hope for it to be aired here at all. /shrugs/

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SuperShuter's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Miura would want to change anything to the begining of the story? Looks like they are staying true to the anime though. Would be cool if they paced it like eva 2.22. They made that film really nice, packed with action 3-4 full eva fights I think which is a lot in one movie. Didn't waste a second and added character development scenes at the right time and manipulated the mood well throughout. Well probably because there was hardly any Shinji crying scenes, it was less depressing.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperShuter View Post
    I wonder if Miura would want to change anything to the begining of the story? Looks like they are staying true to the anime though. Would be cool if they paced it like eva 2.22. They made that film really nice, packed with action 3-4 full eva fights I think which is a lot in one movie. Didn't waste a second and added character development scenes at the right time and manipulated the mood well throughout. Well probably because there was hardly any Shinji crying scenes, it was less depressing.
    I don't see any reason for him to change anything. If you look at how Guts was personality wise in the beginning volumes to now you may think that Miura's style has changed. Its like night and day, but Miura did it on purpose. Guts is who he is now because of the people around him he is slowly but surely regaining that group of people he had in the Golden Age when he was the happiest. He went from being alone to having a ship load of people to trust their lives to him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saint Markus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i agree with you. i doubt they'll even put it in the new series. they took out Gats's rape scene in the original series, so go figure.

besides, i don't wanna see anybody getting raped period.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

What happen to caska made me shocked, rape is bad but for a fictional story it can add alot of pathos to that character and hate to the rapist. Like how else would everyone start to hate and never forgive griffith? by rape thats how. Hence why i hate him so much even though he use to be cool.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Markus View Post
    i agree with you. i doubt they'll even put it in the new series. they took out Gats's rape scene in the original series, so go figure.

besides, i don't wanna see anybody getting raped period.
    I don't have a problem with it in this manga because its a well used albeit grotesque plot device that shows how evil someone is as well as show trauma in certain characters. They don't have to display it more than just show it happened for the same effect.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah episode 26 pretty much shock me for life, i was yelling at the credits saying wtf thats evil????? what about the good winning?!!?!!

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah episode 26 pretty much shock me for life, i was yelling at the credits saying wtf thats evil????? what about the good winning?!!?!!
    I already knew where it would stop so I wasn't specifically shocked. I rather grinned and thought "Hey cmon, happy ends have become so boring!", especially since the story obviously doesn't end there.
    Yeah, it does feel a little disappointing when such a big turn comes and all the characters one likes lose. But it's still captivating

New Reply
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast