Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Berserk Movie Announced

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kewl0210's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk Movie Announced

The movie site now exists, but doesn't really open until the 15th.
    http://www.berserkfilm.com/
    However, on the bottom it clearly says the title of the first movie "Berserk - Golden Age Arc I : The Conquering King's Egg" (ベルセルク 黄金時代篇 I 覇王の卵) on the bottom in Japanese. That should clear everything up as to the pacing, more or less.

Or you could translate it as "chapter" or whatever it is arcs are called in Berserk. And 覇王 can be translated like 8 ways.
    Anyhow, new stuff coming out on the 15th, it says.
    Last edited by kewl0210; July 07, 2011 at 08:52 PM.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks kewl, i wasn't expecting the site to be open so soon.

Let's hope some images come out on the 15, this project has years on the works.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Just FYI Kewl, they're called "Episodes".

It seems like the first movie might bypass the first arc of the manga. I'm not sure how a feel about that. We need more details

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Just FYI Kewl, they're called "Episodes".

It seems like the first movie might bypass the first arc of the manga. I'm not sure how a feel about that. We need more details
    How is suposed to be read? the title i mean.

Anyway, i guess most of you already knew but the Berserk Film official twitter is managed by a "fictional character" called Clara de Porrras.

Acccording to the information on the official website, it was created by Kentaro Miura...i don't know if he just created the name or there is going to be a full drawing but is going to be "open to public" on July 15.

It says she was send by the public relations office of the Band of the Falcon (That's how is it read xi0?) of the kingdom of Midland.

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

In Skullknight.net's letter to Miura they asked the very question of Hawk vs. Falcon. It can be read both ways, and I don't think Miura said there was a preference if I recall. I just stick with Hawk since it's been that way forever.

And yeah, my mistake, Arcs in Berserk are called Chapters. I got confused, thinking about Chapters as Episodes, never mind me

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

hahahahaha the director for this movie did the character designs for the idolm@ster anime that just started....I wonder if that's coincidence.

Also is this movie gonna be completely CGI or CGI mixed with 2D animation? Because if its all CGI than it looks very impressive. I heard Studio 4C trained an in-house team just for the CGI so they're really putting their money into this. Most anime these days have their CGI work done by freelance studios
    Last edited by CBlitz; July 08, 2011 at 11:43 AM.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Miura wrote:

"I really like Idol Master but that doesn't mean i asked for Director Kubooka"

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CBlitz View Post
    hahahahaha the director for this movie did the character designs for the idolm@ster anime that just started....I wonder if that's coincidence.

Also is this movie gonna be completely CGI or CGI mixed with 2D animation? Because if its all CGI than it looks very impressive
    Well, I've often said that most mangaka don't have much of a say in their anime adaptations...but given that Miura is an elder statesmen and a devout fan of idolm@ster, maybe he saw the guy's work and made a request

The previews look like they're mixed. I think the line between CG and "regular" animation is sort of blurred now though, especially since everything is done by computer anyways.

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    Miura wrote:

"I really like Idol Master but that doesn't mean i asked for Director Kubooka"
    He did?! Where?

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Where he usually writes a comment (along the other mangakas of the magazine) everytime there is a chapter of Berserk in the Young Animal magazine.

I didn't like the CG of Zodd and especially Skull Knight.
    Last edited by GAT-X252; July 08, 2011 at 12:02 PM.

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Where he usually writes a comment (along the other mangakas of the magazine) everytime there is a chapter of Berserk in the Young Animal magazine.

I didn't like the CG of Zodd and especially Skull Knight.
    I figured as much. Evil Genius usually has his comment at the end of their scanlations.

It doesn't bother me that much. I'm not exactly sure why they went with CG for them, but not for the other characters. Maybe it's easier to animate? I don't know.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kewl0210's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the thing with that "episodes" "chapters" thing is that Miura uses two different kanjis that can both be translated as "chapter", so for consistancy's sake people have been calling the arcs "chapters" as in "Chapter of Elf Island" and the individual issues as "episodes" even though people usually don't use that word for something in print.

I really liked the CG Zodd and Dark Knight, I thought they did a good job of making them look natural. They do that because it's more affordable than redrawing that huge thing every frame. Less "pencil mileage".

When I said "that should make the pacing clear" I guess I thought it was more obvious than it was (Well I mean they're still gonna break the large arcs into parts, but where they're starting isn't clear). I thought it meant it was going to be the black swordsman arc, but maybe they're going to do the first part of the Golden Age arc, which is apparently considered separate from that, and then do the story in chronological order rather than having an intro arc followed by an 11 volume flashback.

Edit: Yeah, the red Beherit is the one that was nicknamed the "Conquering King's Egg" because that's the one the members of Godhand get.

And I figured out the arc/chapter/episode thing. The highest level is the "arc" 篇 (hen). Golden Age, Fantasia, Conviction, Black Knight, are all this.
    The second level is "chapter" 章 (shou) which is a more formal word for "chapter", which is why that's written as chapter and not the issue-chapters. It's also translatable roughly as "section" and means like "dawning of a new chapter in the adventure" rather than meaning literally one issue. Chapter of Lost Children and Chapter of Elf Island are in this level.
    Then the third level is what people call "episode" and that doesn't have a kanji denoting it at all, like most manga do (which is 話). These are what are in one issue of Young Animal.
    Last edited by kewl0210; July 08, 2011 at 02:11 PM.

18. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

More pics!

Spoiler show

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Well, the scans says there will be information "released" in some cinemas after july 15, they even say before the screening of the harry potter film in japan, there is going to be information about the movie.

That information could be a trailer, i dont' see what other kind of info can offer a cinema.

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

20. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saint Markus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

images of the film look really good.
    also grateful, that they'll try to cover the entire series in the future.

MH Senpai 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DrPepperPro's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That information could be a trailer, i dont' see what other kind of info can offer a cinema.
    Could possibly be posters that they'll be giving to theaters to put up, but yes, let's hope for some real trailers.

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

There is something funny Miura said in the comment he wrote for the berserk movie article.

Because the information about middle ages europe, armors and stuff was extremely hard to obtain in japan and for a mangaka like him, impossible, he had to use a pamphlet of the movie Excalibur until it was absolutely ruined due to the extreme use.

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

25. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast