Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/6/14 - 10/12/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Berserk Movie Announced

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk Movie Announced

Where did you read that niichan? Or was that included in that video you posted?

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Where did you read that niichan? Or was that included in that video you posted?
    It's in the video jayday posted, they interview some of the Berserk films producing staff there

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Just watched most of it and it really was interesting. Gave us some good insight on what was going on behind the scenes. I'm still not that pleased with all the 3DGC usage but I get why they used it that much.

That are animated scenes used for a test film to convince Miura to give them a chance at animating his work. They really put a lot of effort into it, I was quite surprised when I heard that they produced a little test movie with Studio 4°C just to convince him o__o
    Yeah, It was interesting how alot of companys offered/beg Miura to approve them to make a new anime/movie and he rejected them all.
    So here we the fans are who have been waiting and begging for a new anime and Miura was the one holding them back saying no >_> I felt like I got trolled.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure he had good enough reasons to hold off on one being made.

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bohemia22's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Love the ancient overused sound effects from Age of Empires II

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    Yeah, It was interesting how alot of companys offered/beg Miura to approve them to make a new anime/movie and he rejected them all.
    So here we the fans are who have been waiting and begging for a new anime and Miura was the one holding them back saying no >_> I felt like I got trolled.
    Yeah, this is the same guy that goes on a four month break after releasing a cliffhanger.
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNM5GOQCko

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but if his making 1 page a day it's understandable. His art is abit too good to look at because you cannot absorb all the detail. Last chapter I couldn't it was hard to on the computer screen, it's more easy to read when smaller in the manga books. Like how he drew the dragua armor is nuts thats so much detail.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's the long breaks that take their toll on fans. Personally, I would like episodes released on a schedule. I think it would make waiting much easier if there were a set date instead of us making educated guesses for the latest release.
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but I think we have reached the point that we are all use to it. When I started I got shitty bout the breaks but now I'm like meh knew that would happen.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

i think what pisses the fans the most is the number of chapters released per year AND the long breaks. I think we all would be ok with Miura taking these breaks if we were sure that he would release let's say 6 chapters in a row then take another break. Instead he releases 4 or 5 chapters and takes a break. In all he must take 4 or 5 breaks per year, while he used to take 2 or 3 at the most some years ago.While the number of breaks he takes has increased,the number of chapters and volumes released has decreased. Since 2008, he has only released a single volume per year. Back in 2006 for example, he used to release up to two volumes per year.
    I'm not saying that he should rush things and finish his series, but he should take into consideration that he's getting old and needs someone to give him a hand to finish his series. Maybe hire more assistants and have them do some of the drawing. If it takes a day to draw a page, I think he really should stop focusing on the details so much. I don't mind if the art suffers a bit, as long as we get more chapters.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ladylola View Post
    i think what pisses the fans the most is the number of chapters released per year AND the long breaks. I think we all would be ok with Miura taking these breaks if we were sure that he would release let's say 6 chapters in a row then take another break. Instead he releases 4 or 5 chapters and takes a break. In all he must take 4 or 5 breaks per year, while he used to take 2 or 3 at the most some years ago.While the number of breaks he takes has increased,the number of chapters and volumes released has decreased. Since 2008, he has only released a single volume per year. Back in 2006 for example, he used to release up to two volumes per year.
    I'm not saying that he should rush things and finish his series, but he should take into consideration that he's getting old and needs someone to give him a hand to finish his series. Maybe hire more assistants and have them do some of the drawing. If it takes a day to draw a page, I think he really should stop focusing on the details so much. I don't mind if the art suffers a bit, as long as we get more chapters.
    Yeah, I enjoy the story more than I do the art. Although there are some who considers just about everything Miura puts out masterpieces to the sickening point where they fame, worship, and make blood sacrifices to it. I wish he would find some middle ground so that he could speed the whole process up.

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

he's using too much double spread pages, and of course it takes a lot of time to draw and ink those. if he could use less double pages, i'm sure he could speed up things a bit. a lot of berserk fans love those though. they enjoy gawking at the pages, and that's exactly what's wrong about Berserk.We shouldn't read a manga just because it's well drawn. If the story doesn't follow up then it's not worth it.Lately I have been feeling that I'm just reading a book with beautiful images in it...
    I'm pretty sure that someone has already brought that argument up. Even though there are things that i'm not satisfied with, I still enjoy reading Berserk, especially the earlier volumes, and I'm hoping that Miura will change the way he works, so he can finish his series in 10 years.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

do make these discussions in appropriate threads. This thread is mainly for the Berserk movie, thanks.

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner masasakia's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

i hope they fix all the dodgy cg in the dvd/blu ray release with all the excess revenue :3

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    do make these discussions in appropriate threads. This thread is mainly for the Berserk movie, thanks.
    Sorry about that.

New Reply
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast