Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Thread: Berserk Movie Announced

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk Movie Announced

I got a bluray player that I hacked to all regions to play USA dvds. Not sure If I can hack the ps3 region. But it should work on my PC I get the option to pick region on the players on that.
    Regardless If I can't watch the bluray I'll watch it online or watch for the official aust version to come In Spring. Just bought this to improve international sales of Berserk

I've been re reading the volumes and geez they're a master piece story and art.
    It's funny when the Iron Chain Knights capture Guts, it was actually Seprico who tossed a small log at Guts injured leg to make him fall.

Also I think on Young animals site Berserk will be back late June.
    Last edited by 102jayday; May 27, 2012 at 04:58 AM.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

speaking of international sales, the Berserk manga here costs a lot more than other Dark Horse comics. I wonder if it's the same everywhere?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mifec's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I just skipped through the raw, looks pretty good. Kinda sad that it's only like an hour long. Well hour and 16 mins but those 16 mins are intro songs and credits.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    speaking of international sales, the Berserk manga here costs a lot more than other Dark Horse comics. I wonder if it's the same everywhere?
    I don't actually remember the exact price compared to other Dark Horse series, but Berserk volumes are more expensive than most series, like Viz for example.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Now watched the Movie, I thought the first 30 minutes was slow pace but then the pace picked up alot. Too bad they cut out most of the black comedy bits, but they changed and fit the plot in quite well.
    I fear Wylad the black dogs arc won't be shown though.

I still feel like this would of been more suited to a Anime series because of depth. Also when there was group battles I felt like it was a video game, but the movement of the fights was really good looked better than real.
    Sometimes the characters would look silly mug shots but then they would look beautiful Caska was a good example, the second last shot of her was gorgeous.
    Princess Charlotte's entrance was amazing she looked so well done.
    I really enjoyed the movie and it seems I have improved making out some sentences lol.

Off the first movie note regarding #2 or #3 when Caska and Guts make love and tells says his past I believe that will be when they go into detail about Guts past which they gave us a glimpse at in this, also those 3 chapters Miura will do with Guts past I believe will be added into it too.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

you watched it from your Blu-ray that arrived just recently?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    You're paying for the extra ink because Miura's manga is so much more detailed. :P
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 92

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Oas's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Just finshed the movie as well, and it's not a bad movie. But I'm a bit disappointed. Berserk is my all time favorite manga and Im a big fan of the old anime and it's soundtrack.

Maybe I had to high expectation. I hoped and wished that every single page from the manga was in the new movies.

I really like the scence when Guts visit Julius and son.

Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    I still feel like this would of been more suited to a Anime series because of depth..
    I totally agree! I think an new anime could have been the best thing from Japan since the manga itself.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Berserk Manga cost more? I never noticed when I bought it, well $24.95 is the most for a normal manga here, Like I have bought gantz at 20.95 and 24.95 which is weird, its something about the copies or w/e.

Yeah as a fan I have high exceptions but I tried to treat it all as new and enjoy. They changed scenes/backgrounds, skip parts you'd thought they would have. Griffiths change of face to when you know he gets that crazy look, it wasn't good as the manga.

The Julius scene with the fights were cool but I was annoyed how they had Guts enter made him struggle lol that's unlike him. But that made it more real like. They skipped the scene of Guts watching the two fight and feeling for the kid because that was like him.

Plus where was the scene of naked Griffith telling Guts he would get his kingdom? That was in the trailer xD

But the reason why this series was made into a movie was simply this......MONEY....they wanted to make it a movie so it would spread around more better than a anime. I just hope they make enough money to spend more time and effort in, I am not a fan of the 3DCG except from the movements, so they need to improve the graphics of the 3DCG.

So as a fan I'm half happy, but as a new fan I'm pretty happy if I ignore the graphics of 3DCG.
    Last edited by 102jayday; May 29, 2012 at 02:10 AM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Berserk Manga cost more? I never noticed when I bought it, well $24.95 is the most for a normal manga here, Like I have bought gantz at 20.95 and 24.95 which is weird, its something about the copies or w/e.
    Per volume? Man fuck that, it averages about $10.99 in the U.S. and that price is pushing it in affordability for me, especially considering VIZ's Shonen Jump line used to be $7.95 a piece.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Our nation wage is double than US I believe so it works out XD

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah derm...and Dark Horse Volumes are $13-$15 dollars usually.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crazy_horse1989's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

What I noticed when I watched the movie was the fact that the CG got a little better as it went on, so maybe there's hope for the second and third movies.

The fact that they changed a lot of stuff ticked me off a little. In his fight with Griffith, Guts doesn't just fall over from the first stab and stays there, he shambles over to Griffith and then falls over, as all the others freak out. Maybe more realistic, but as it was in manga, you could tell Guts was a struggler.
    Guts does NOT wake up when Casca is in the middle of keeping him warm. No.
    And.... Where the hell is the night attack where Griffith tells Guts to watch the rear, much to the surprise of all the people?!?
    "War... Revenge... Maybe that's enough reason I'm all alone, I think. Fofr now. And withi me is the black berserker rage... And only that... Will keep me on my feet. As I head towards you... Pressing on."
    --> Guts from the manga BERSERK...

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

But the reason why this series was made into a movie was simply this......MONEY....they wanted to make it a movie so it would spread around more better than a anime. I just hope they make enough money to spend more time and effort in, I am not a fan of the 3DCG except from the movements, so they need to improve the graphics of the 3DCG.

So as a fan I'm half happy, but as a new fan I'm pretty happy if I ignore the graphics of 3DCG.
    Well, also because, production-wise, it would be a lot harder and more expensive to create a higher quality animation with 26 episodes than say... an hour.

If they made a new series instead of a movie (which I'm not really against), there would be a compromise in budget and quality.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crazy_horse1989 View Post
    What I noticed when I watched the movie was the fact that the CG got a little better as it went on, so maybe there's hope for the second and third movies.
    Yes you're right! I felt like it did become better too.
    Don't forget when the group first enters to help Midlands army (omg a couple post back I called them Windam, some Gundam story I mixed up lol) it has Caska chew Guts out at the band of hawks camp and not in Midland lol.

Oh yes I looked on my volumes and it says US 13.95 I think its more here because we don't officially sell them, we get them from America. Because I noticed in stores that have all madman (aust anime company license stuff) The manga they sell is cheaper but I go to one of my favourite stores in Melbourne and they have them the week America has them, but the ones madman have are like a year or 2 late lol. But yeah I can get dark horse comics from them so they prob have it 10 bucks more because of the cost of getting them.

@ Baboysai
    Yeah and thats the thing a movie is gonna get more money. People will wait for it to come to cinema and buy the promotional goods eg phone covers, posters teddy bears in the meantime (money). Then buy tickets to watch the movie (money!). Then buy it on Blu-ray/DVD (money).

But if these guys really loved the fans and were fans themselves and had heaps of money to spend they should of made a anime which would take time but be worth it for our and their happiness .
    Last edited by 102jayday; May 29, 2012 at 12:25 PM.

New Reply
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast