Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast

Thread: Berserk Movie Announced

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk Movie Announced

I'm not really complaining. I see this trilogy more of like, a tribute, more than anything. I'll watch/read anything the Berserk people will feed me, I'm that much of a fan i guess.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep anything they give us regarding Berserk is amazing. Hell I would't mind them doing a little chibi tribute like they did with haruhi suzuymiya but have it focused on Puck, Puck Tales!

Really the most satisfaction for me is that these 3 movies (hopefully more like they promised at the start...) brings in more fans and gives Berserk the attention it deserves!

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TCG's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    I don't actually remember the exact price compared to other Dark Horse series, but Berserk volumes are more expensive than most series, like Viz for example.
    This is due to Dark Horse's volumes tending to contain more chapters than the Viz volumes. Partially because of the original Japanese tankoubon differing for Shounen and Seinen titles.

Berserk volumes would naturally cost more due to the better paper-quality, much more ink per volume, a double-sided full-colour poster of Miura's art, more and longer chapters, etc. The weight and thickness of a Berserk volume is much more than a Naruto Viz volume, for example.

You can also argue target demographic. Adults are often willing and able to pay more than children.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TCG View Post
    This is due to Dark Horse's volumes tending to contain more chapters than the Viz volumes. Partially because of the original Japanese tankoubon differing for Shounen and Seinen titles.

Berserk volumes would naturally cost more due to the better paper-quality, much more ink per volume, a double-sided full-colour poster of Miura's art, more and longer chapters, etc. The weight and thickness of a Berserk volume is much more than a Naruto Viz volume, for example.

You can also argue target demographic. Adults are often willing and able to pay more than children.
    Viz puts out plenty of higher quality Seinen series now compared to years ago. I think the price point is higher, but I'm not sure if it's the same as Dark Horse or not.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TCG View Post

Thats what the retailers tell me, its all about the better ink paper quality.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Special Preview for the second film streamed

first half is a digest of the first film, second half is about the new one. Personally I think it looks great but the GCI looks so silly quite often, I wished they would just use normal animation. Guts vs. Griffith looks nice

Waiting for a translation of the first movie, opinions about it are pretty mixed

8. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

So has anyone watched the movie? I'm waiting for it to get subbed, but apparently there's a rip somewhere on the piratebay.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ladylola View Post
    So has anyone watched the movie? I'm waiting for it to get subbed, but apparently there's a rip somewhere on the piratebay.
    I've been looking for it "legit" torrent for a while. I'll probably just wait for the disc to be available stateside. Not really on the top of my list of things anyways since its just a rehash of the Golden Age. If the movies catches up closer to the manga, then I'll be interested.
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNM5GOQCko

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a few legit raw torrents out now, not just the original BD rip.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

But you didn't download one??

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

I found a good one at 2.5 GB. But it's still raw. no subbing group has announced anything?

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    But you didn't download one??

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

I found a good one at 2.5 GB. But it's still raw. no subbing group has announced anything?
    I've downloaded it but haven't watched yet. It would be different if it was a sub.

I haven't really looked...

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't think it's a problem if it's not subbed. We already know the story, and some of us know the dialogue by heart, so i guess it's watchable even without subs.
    I haven't watched it yet because the size of the torrent is too big. i'm waiting for a smaller file.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ladylola View Post
    i don't think it's a problem if it's not subbed. We already know the story, and some of us know the dialogue by heart, so i guess it's watchable even without subs.
    I haven't watched it yet because the size of the torrent is too big. i'm waiting for a smaller file.
    You're not going to get a smaller file for something that's 720p.

We can all say we know what's going on without subs, but that's doesn't make the experience must-watch for me.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Same here. I holded out on downloading because of the lack of subs. Even if I know the story and stuff, I'd still wanna know the words they're saying.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mifec's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Commie subs released it. It's out on nyaa. Enjoy guys.

18. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast