Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Thread: Berserk Movie Announced

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk Movie Announced

okay I downloaded the Nyaa torrent by Commie. 1080 p. it's in mkv format.

I tried watching it, checked if the subs are enabled (english), checked if the video was enabled, and ALL I SEE IS GREEN SCREEN. I hear the audio perfectly. But I don't see anything but Green, and not even subs come out. What's wrong?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have CCCP installed?

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

no...

but do I really need it? I've never encountered this problem with VLC before. And it's just an mkv file, supposedly. Maybe the download just didn't finish or something? (although it says it's done- it was done two days now and I'm already seeding).

---------- Post added at 04:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

okay wait. I investigated further (I'm over the panic now) and found out my VLC is not the latest version. And it seems it gets fixed with a later version so... I'll try that

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 AM ----------

okay it's working now

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Friday's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

saw it yesterday, it wasn't to bad and it wasn't that great either....
    the only thing Im looking forward to is probaly in the 3rd movie and if the opening title is true, are Farnese and Co.
    I wonder how deep of the storyline they will go with them.....

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I watched the first 15 minutes of it, and the CG comments aside, I'm just really enjoying watching all of them again : I will finish the rest tonight. got work

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I play it on SM player its good but the quality at time can get some blur squares lol.
    I am gonna love the lost children arc, the lost sheep conviction arc and the troll arc will be awesome. I will love shierke speaking to Guts in his mind and he says "I kicked it's ass.....with one stab with this sword, a demon posing as a god"

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crazy_horse1989's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

The movie felt a little shallow if I'm to be honest and all that because there was no character progression. They took out the night attack scene where Griffith trusts Guts with the rear guard and the following party where Pippin grabs Guts like a potato sack, brings him down and shoves a cup of alcohol in his face, telling him to drink. The part where Guts is called by Griffith in the morning, to tell him something and they end up water fighting, though a bit homoerotic, signified his coming out of his shell, just a little. It was here that Griffith showed Guts the damn behelit, not after Zodd.

That is my main gripe with the movie. There is no emotion.
    I do hope the third movie will render all my complaints useless, but we'll see. I hope they'll get to make a 4th or 5th or 6th movie.
    Last edited by crazy_horse1989; June 06, 2012 at 05:08 AM.
    "War... Revenge... Maybe that's enough reason I'm all alone, I think. Fofr now. And withi me is the black berserker rage... And only that... Will keep me on my feet. As I head towards you... Pressing on."
    --> Guts from the manga BERSERK...

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Plus they took out all the funny bits too lol. But if we never watched the anime+manga we would of loved it.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crazy_horse1989's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, the part where Griffith calls Guts to the library to send him to kill what's-his-name, Griffith shows him a Kama Sutra book. xD
    "War... Revenge... Maybe that's enough reason I'm all alone, I think. Fofr now. And withi me is the black berserker rage... And only that... Will keep me on my feet. As I head towards you... Pressing on."
    --> Guts from the manga BERSERK...

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep also when they all fall in the water, Guts uhhh stare. The naked scene was pretty funny, also he didn't react funny like he did in the manga when Griffith said I want you. I loved how he gave the cartoon glare and said what're you a faggot? This studio has to be prepare for Puck and Isirdo....

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it was pretty subtle. When Griffith said "I want you" Guts says something like "So you swing that way, huh?" and not use a stronger word. But it means pretty much the same- maybe they just had to make compromises

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

The stronger words were funny though.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Shinomori Aoshi's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

My favourite was the Adonis scene, it was so emotional it drove me to tears almost instantly. One could really feel for both the kid and Guts...

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

It would of been better if it included the part of Guts watching Adonis fight.

Triple Star Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Besides some weird CG the animation was mostly great, really enjoyed most of the fighting scenes. I was very disappointed that they left out near to everything of the character development, the whole

Spoiler show

Don't really get why they added action scenes and left out crucial interactions between the characters (but I guess they feared that some of the scenes, f.ex. Griffith and Guts bathing scene, might displease people who only watch the movies). Expected more from these movies but let's see, maybe they will add some scenes later on (like showing memories of Guts when the Eclipse is taking place).

I noticed Guts, Griffith and Casca look way older too, another change I wasn't happy with. They only hinted at Guts past too, explaining a bit more (like Gambinos and Guts relationship) would have made the whole Adonis scene more intense. I'm torn about the movie, some things were done really well, even better than I expected and yet the whole movie seems so shallow, like they made the movie for pure entertainment and left out most of the profound theme. People who only watch the movies won't experience the real Berserk

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast