Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Berserk Movie Announced

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk Movie Announced

mindfucked, I'm sure.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hdiuy View Post
    I think non-manga readers would agree that the movie was bad, i was hoping for more and the next minute i know its over. I was like "really!?!?!?" Though the movie got me reading Berserk though.
    >,> And they'll appreciate it more. Its not hollywood. This is meant to be canon to the manga, but they can't fit that entire arc into 1 movie without cutting out tons of important details and events.

So that means they have to stop somewhere, where Miura had no intention of originally stopping the story, so its going to be abrupt. Watching all 3 in order should be a much more enjoyable and satisfying event.
    Last edited by llamapie; July 10, 2012 at 12:46 AM.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

So i finally got to watch the movie. it's not bad as a movie, but for us berserk fans who already read the manga it's a huge disappointment. They skipped a lot of important scenes, and i didn't feel like they linked the scenes correctly. for example when guts says to caska that he's not the one he used to be, it didn't feel like it made sense since we didn't see him change because they skipped the scenes that showed character development .
    so basically the movie is entertaining to watch, especially the fight with Zodd (although he's green lol) but if you're a real fan of berserk who read the manga multiple times then you're not missing much. oh and the cg is ugly but you get used to it.
    Again i'm not sure if the movie format was the right choice. Although the anime is outdated, it featured all the important scenes that had character development in it. Imo it follows the manga more truthfully than the movie, even if they manage to add in SK and Puck, because for me the golden age arc is all about character development.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone Noticed on Crunchyroll.com the background picture on the sides is Berserk and says something of watch the english dub premiere this friday 13th?

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hdiuy's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llamapie View Post
    >,> And they'll appreciate it more. Its not hollywood. This is meant to be canon to the manga, but they can't fit that entire arc into 1 movie without cutting out tons of important details and events.

So that means they have to stop somewhere, where Miura had no intention of originally stopping the story, so its going to be abrupt. Watching all 3 in order should be a much more enjoyable and satisfying event.
    I have no problems with the movies breaking up to to tell 1 story, but I feel that the movie should have a general feel as to what parts they wanted to show/focus-on. For example ,when i first watched the movie i wondered to what extend the demons were linked to the plot , considering there was only 1 scene with a demon ( there wasn't much info to work with). At the end of the movie i thought that something grand was going to be unveiled , and i have no clue as to what direction the movie was progressing when it ended abruptly.
    ..: The night is forever old :..

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

then in that case I think the movie worked well to show a bit of mystery- and showed just the right amount of magical element to make you guess.

that would be, again, for people who have not read the manga.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kewl0210's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nobody seems to ever post anything here, so I thought I'd mention that Movie III is set to come out in January. And it's 130 minutes long, rather than the original 110.

And the poster is here:
    http://www.berserkfilm.com/news/?p=883

There's probably a bigger version somewhere.
    As far as I know, they haven't put up a release date for the 2nd DVD/BD. Assumedly they'd give one soon. Or at the very least, before the third one comes out.
    Last edited by kewl0210; August 23, 2012 at 09:49 PM.

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! Each week I have been checking for news, they were rather quick with the trailer for the second movie but not with the 3rd.
    Damn I thought we were going to see the 3rd movie in December.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still rather disappointed in the fact that there will only be three movies, and that they will only go that far into the story animated >.< I wanted to see the rest of the manga animated... But it's only reasonable- the material for another season of anime (post eclipse) isn't too much- maybe I just felt it was a lot because it took YEARS to get to where we are, and now that I think about it, it's still too premature to get an anime over the next arcs.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kewl0210's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

They've said specifically that they're going to animate the whole series. But whether it will all be movies or some of it will be TV or OAV animes, they're not sure, so they haven't announced it yet.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah at the start they stated that they would commit all the way and even wait for Miura to add more chapters.
    Personally I hope post Eclipse they do not skip and keep it all to the book and whether thats anime series or a OAV. Like fair enough if they skip rush bits in these three movies.
    Last edited by 102jayday; August 25, 2012 at 11:00 PM.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone have an figures on what the sales for the film and the DVDs have been? I bet they're great, but I just wonder if it's enough incentive to continue making feature-length movies instead of OVAs.

I don't imagine a series is coming though, the budget would be too low.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I would prob think its lower than the Naruto movie which makes me angry but I guess thats cause the fan base of kids and stuff.
    My god I so cannot wait for feb now, its so long away. Mannnnn, when does movie 2 in Japan come out on dvd?
    I can't wait for this it looks so epic ARGHHHHH!

Well maybe the movies success will be the budget to get the series built. They did promise to commit to Berserk : )

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I meant the budget that is there to make a quality product out of the series. OVAs always look better than series.

New Reply
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast