Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50

Thread: Berserk Movie Announced

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk Movie Announced

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I'm not sure what makes you think we get more movies now? Did I miss something? I saw the preview at the end but it could be anything, personally I probably would prefer OVA's. Or a freaking anime, where they don't leave out such a lot of stuff =/
    Weren't there going to be three movies more? I believe it was discussed a while back...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    Weren't there going to be three movies more? I believe it was discussed a while back...
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/n...-after-3-films

seems so

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

What makes me mad is that these three movies are basically the anime re done. Nothing new (expect Skull knight and silat scenes) the way to the eclipse is the same as the anime. But maybe because Wylad was really over the R rating, one of the most shocking/epic/sick moments of berserk was when it showed him with a wooden plank going right up that 15 year old girl and throws it towards Guts. Thats brutal and she got raped before he killed her which is pretty extreme having a minor but it just made it all more surreal for that medieval time. I am just looking forward to new scenes animated like the count arc, black swordsmen, the holy conviction (my favourite), to the reborn arc.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Like kenshin said, it was stated there is going to be more. No one knows if it's going to be movies, OVA's or an anime series though.

Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    What makes me mad is that these three movies are basically the anime re done. Nothing new (expect Skull knight and silat scenes) the way to the eclipse is the same as the anime. But maybe because Wylad was really over the R rating, one of the most shocking/epic/sick moments of berserk was when it showed him with a wooden plank going right up that 15 year old girl and throws it towards Guts. Thats brutal and she got raped before he killed her which is pretty extreme having a minor but it just made it all more surreal for that medieval time. I am just looking forward to new scenes animated like the count arc, black swordsmen, the holy conviction (my favourite), to the reborn arc.
    I get your point but they could have skipped that part. Given it's extremely brutal I understand them leaving this out but they could have shown everything else. I wanted to see Guts in badass mode and Zodd finishing him off

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Plus one of the epic scenes of Guts saying "Don't be waving that above my head!" then cuts his ???? off.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post

I wanted the Wylad battle too, but it would've taken up majority of the movie, plus, you still have to sell an "animated feature" and there's limits to what you can do in an animated film versus a manga. It's always been like that for the longest time. Even, "Akira" for example, cut a lot of serious stuff from the manga that never made it into the film.

Despite that, I enjoyed the three movies and looking forward to three more. Like everyone else, I just want to see Guts fighting the demons as the "Black Swordsman" now. But, anime in general is still a small industry and needs major financial backing from movie studios (Warner Bros., Dreamworks, Disney, etc.) as well as dedicated support from us anime fans.

The stuidos need to know that 3 more films will do "better" than the previous three. If that happens, will get what we want.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

The question is: "We will never see Wylad animated?"
    It's really strange, this character was skipped 2 times in something like 2 decades, there will come a time when even Wylad can be shown in an animated version?

One difference compared to the manga is the final battle against General Boscogn: why did they change it? No Zodd help Guts passing him his huge falchion, it's an epic scene and frankly in this way (Guts win thanks to a cloud of dust hiding him) Boscon fighting skill is heavly down revised. Probably I'm the only one who cares about this

About minor girls raped/killed etc probably this is too much for whichever WB movie, then it's ok for me to cut off Charlotte and Wylad raped girl scene. But only those ones.

Demand: the second time we see Puck (freed by the carovan cage) there are some flying monster in the sky, are they the devilish elves of Rosine?
    Last edited by teioh; July 18, 2013 at 03:28 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally watched the third movie, and let me say this: it was awesome!!
    It reminded me why Berserk is the greatest manga ever!

I can't wait to see the rest of the serie animated.
    I don't know if it's going to be movies or OVAs, and frankly, at this point, I don't care.

I just want more!!

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

MH Senpai 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jakensama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So the 3rd Berserk movie (Eclipse) has been subbed?

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Just finished the 2nd movie on blu ray english, ooooo it had Franny and seprico at the ball 0.o
    I don't know if I want to watch the Eclipse again though...

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

how were the dubs?

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

how were the dubs?
    English dub official blu rays/dvd is out the second one came out 2 weeks ago or last week in aust. the first was in feb.
    Guts voice is good, griffith not bad but it sounds abit like sasuke eng dub abit lol. Gaston is still voiced by goku!

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner animefan1478's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

for those who cant wait for tuesday release of the third movie dub,its online now : http://www.watchcartoononline.com/be...english-dubbed ,enjoy.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

by the way the movie is the original uncut vertion of the movie,but i like the japanese audio better,now to wait for the movie outakes that only have it on the blu ray vertion of the movie 3 online.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

any word on maybe some more movies?
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

New Reply
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50