Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Negima's ending probably...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ex-Shadow's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Negima's ending probably...

IMO, I agree about the story telling us how the girls witness their teacher become a great mage and teacher. Not how he save Mundus Magicus, well maybe it'll give him a lot of training to become a great mage and teacher.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ~Coffee~'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont want it to eeeeeeeend yeeeeeeet~

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Serious Sam's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it looks like it is ending the movie is based on the final manga chapter:
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...te-manga-no.99
    Shueisha and Kodansha Forever!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member jacke12's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Serious Sam View Post
    Well it looks like it is ending the movie is based on the final manga chapter:
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...te-manga-no.99
    From the thing i read the movie will be another ending not like in the manga that will be so Akamatsu-Sensei thought of two endings one for the film and one for the manga but on some parts identical.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ~Coffee~'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

and all the theories that people are posting they are assuming they know everything that Negi's magic is capable of and you guys are denying others theories based on this assumption.... stop that~ topkomputer's theory could very well be correct~

Though I usually hold of on theories until there is something to support it~

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm.. strictly speaking ... if finding his father was absolute goal, wouldn't it have ended already?

I don't think it's that people think that they know all tha Negi can do, it's more like trying to guess based on what is known...

About age...
    He was 9 at the time he arrived in January.
    He is born in the spring.
    Therefore he was 10 around time they went to Kyoto (end of April) or by the time he begins training with Eva.
    Even though it's supposed to be September (making him 10 and half), he spent considerable amount of time in spheres and scroll so we should keep it in mind

At least doubling the amount of days between the end of Golden week and August 14th (Eva's resort) -> 198 days (25 days in May, 30 in June, 31 in July and 13 in August ×2)
    Copies during Mahora-fest each day at least 3 times deducting bit for nights then let's say -> 6 days
    14th-xx entering MW -> at least 1 day (some 12 h in plane + few h from London to Negi's hometown, spending night and in the morning departure)
    Getting to town after scattering -> 5 days
    Meeting up with slave girls -> 2 days (at least)
    Since entering arena matches till national broadcast -> 1 week
    From broadcast to Ostia tournament -> 1 month
    In scroll during the month -> more than 10 days subtracting the 2 days and 2 nights this took in standard time and some reserve -> cca 1 week
    Since opening of Ostia tournament to semi-finals -> 2 days (the girls were in the bathhouse that morning I guess)
    Between semi-finals and finals 3 days (which would make 30 in sphere) -> around 3 weeks
    Since morning till 2pm in the scroll again (×72) -> let's say since 8am to 2pm (6 hours of standard time) 18 days

That would make around 297 days (almost 11 months making him +/- 11 depending on precise date of birth) if he was using Eva's resort for only one cycle every day, he might as well do for example 10 cycles a day if he wanted to get as much time as he wanted making those 99 days into 3 years easily...

-
    Anyway what I really wanted to write about was ending...

Correct me if I'm wrong but I though that the war was about some parts of MM running out of fuel and destabilizing. Which would lead to wars over habitable areas.

Anyway these wars in future might have been prevented already...
    Chao was from hundred years down the line and Negi's plan is supposed to take some 7 years in other words before the MM collapses completely. It's possible that Negi's plan pushes the deadline further continually until it solves the problem completely. It sounded like it would be complete in those 7 years the first time Negi spoke about it, but it might actually be continuous effort as hinted in ch 377.

That would mean that there are possibilities...
    1. If the plan works in those 7 years and the future is prevented, then the war never happens and Chao never goes back in time, Negi and gang never level up during the Mahora-fest and probably won't be able to beat CE - leading to collapse of MM, and there would be no wars... But this is improbable as he said that the first results will appear in 8 years.

2. If the plan is about continuous effort to prolong the lifespan of MM until the problem is resolved, then
    a, it might not work completely - prolonging lifespan but not resolving problem. That would mean outbreaks of those wars Chao spoke about...
    b, if it works well, it would mean that Chao never comes back like in 1. MM collapses and there will be no wars.

3. If the plan fails (regardless of it's nature) then MM collapses and there will be no wars so Chao won't come back.

If the problem is really that the MM is running out of magical power to fuel it, or even if it is unstable due to magic power stored over it's capacity, Negi might be planning to stabilize it by making magic power concentration points (just like World Tree in Mahora) which would at the same time serve as anchors between surface of real Mars and MM creating "natural" magic flow cycle. This might be the reason why he was talking about orbiting in ch. 377. Which I think is quite reason why he would need assistance from Ayaka's and Chizuru's families.

topkomputer's theory has one catch... all those who are dependent on magic which is majority of MM (not only people and demi-humans, but also plants and animals) would probably die magical beasts are one thing but demi-humans dieing would be bad news. Although it is quite possible that they plan on terra-forming real Mars to make it habitable - and letting alternate plane to collapse.
    After all if there isn't a thing to break down it wouldn't need fixing anymore...

BTW
    This leads me to posing a question:
    If the beings from MM are dependent on magic which is strongly concentrated in there, would they be able to survive at places where it isn't so dense? For example would Yue's friends from Ariadne be able to visit her?

(I've probably contradicted myself somewhere... as I just "rode on the thought")

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hopeandlight's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe he'll just live forever and reset (refresh) the world whenever needed

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bebuxe's Avatar
    mmmm.... i can't tell??? it seems that i see trees after trees with wavying grass and a few birds...
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

deSolAxe:
    timing is different on MM, the only spent 2 weeks according to the manga in MM, but yeah, Negi's body is around a <~12 year old.

I think Negi accepted the original goal of becoming a magister magi. Yes, finding his father fueled his ambition to become magister magi (actually you could say initially he tried becoming magister magi to find his father), but because of the new circumstances -MM, his classmates, friends, LM controlling Nagi, etc.- e accepted the goal becoming a magister magi. Indicative proof of that is his response to Chao Lingshen to make her stay and now learning about MM thing with the LM identity thing going. A powerful evidence is the punishment he has not received for the girls learning about magic. It implies he has magical partners.

I'll finish reading the rest.
    two ads this time

and visit http://hitana.deviantart.com/ , she has some inspiring pics. esp. "Yummy-75464373".

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Otaku400's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Is the Negima Manga going to the End?

mmmm.... i can't tell??? it seems that i see trees after trees with wavying grass and a few birds...
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Otaku400
    dunno, seems like it. But Ken promised another arc. And I hope its not this epilogue after the MM arc.
    two ads this time

and visit http://hitana.deviantart.com/ , she has some inspiring pics. esp. "Yummy-75464373".

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Honduras
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bebuxe View Post
    @Otaku400
    dunno, seems like it. But Ken promised another arc. And I hope its not this epilogue after the MM arc.
    well whit the crappy way that thing are going it looks like this arc is the end, whit the stupid long ass plan that would keep negi busy the next hundred years, unless that there is a time jump of 100 years after and the manga continues whitouth any of the current characters, that is not likely, and the plan really is stupid, because there isnt even a station in the moon, if in the period of 3 to 8 years you really could come up whit a tecnology to terraformg, the firts test would be in the moon that is more close than mars to know is really would work but that would take years just testing, not to mention all the hundreds of people who would have to work and live on mars fof years for the plan to work out and the time that would take to construt living facilities on mars. and in then years the world is over so that doesnt even make sense, and now akamatsu is pulling another cautive lady shitt with asuna, so the only thing lesf is a time jump and the fight to defeat the lifemaker to free asuna again, how is that such a good manga turn to shit in the lenth of a few chapter, well it really happend since the end of the magic world arc, since the plan of negi is making chao future happend making the whole chao arc pointless, in the final lesson of eva, negi wasnt close to her in power leaving the victory whit love the only option to defeat the lifemaker, and negi only have time to make calculus to fulfil the plan, so officialy this turn to crap.

Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Well... development time isn't much of a factor as you would be able to use diorama spheres you would be easily able to gain almost month in space of 1 day, so 10 years (3652.5 days) would take some 153 days - lets round it up to 6 months for 10 years of development... and that is if it slowed time just in 1:24 ratio... if it was 1:48 or even in 1:72 it would shorten greatly...

Moreover if you realize that plenty of problems could be resolved by relying on magic-science combination.. plenty of things might become ridiculously easy (for example using magic powered shuttles, magic barriers to hold atmosphere and so on, transporting raw materials for bases straight to the face of mars simply by having them shift out of MM plane to real one)

Same goes for construction speed, they can use chachamaru-type or tanaka-type androids with Chachamaru herself controlling all of those.

Also if there is healing and regeneration magic, there must be growth accelerating magics so hastening growth of flora might be possible as well.

so everall I don't think that terraforming is such a big deal...

Real problem would be raising Mars gravity, if I'm not mistaken mars is smaller and has around gravity is just about 2/5 of earth's so there would have to be real strong gravity magic with core as the center...

As for Chao's future... all we know for sure is that there were groups of poeple fighting over inhabitable locations... but it doesn't really have to be after collapse, what if they were fighting over newly created zones =)

btw:
    i was kind of surprised when i guessed right earlier

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member oldgringo2001's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mars' gravity isn't a real obstacle to terraforming. The problems are giving it an atmosphere and liquid water.

The approach taken in Gunnm/Battle Angel Alita Last Order is to put a roof over Mars, or most of it. The main spaceport is on Mons Olympus because it sticks out above the roof. Chao's Mars does sound kind of like the place Gally/Alita/Yoko came from. Anyone want to learn the Panzer Kunst?

Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

mmm i mentioned gravity mainly because of atmosphere =)
    I am probably mistaken, but wouldn't atmosphere in lower gravity be thinner? (not suitable for long-time inhabitation)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You are both right, and both wrong. The real issue is the lack of minerals in mars to sustain life, and little amount of reactions that occur in it. Mars is full of sulfur, but little in compound molecules. Yes to "terraform" you will need a denser atmosphere, and a working Gravity shield against most Gamma rays and UV rays. But imagining for a second that we are able to make the minerals of life, just to sustain them is far worse in the environment that is Mars. Without them, reactions and the mineral, life is pretty much inexistent.
    two ads this time

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast