Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 101 of 111 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1657

Thread: D.Gray-man Volume 22 (Ch. 200-205) Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member andrewsungchehau's Avatar
    Country
    Brunei
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Chapter 205 Discussion / 206 Prediction

Well, Lenalee's Dark Boot is really fast so it's not a surprise anyway. Plus what oceanfrost said.

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

So what's the deal with Lvellie in this chapter? I think out of everything, he was the biggest shock, even above Road revealing her deep knowledge and connection to Mana and Neah.

On the surface, Lvellie just loosk like he needs Link for his dog, but I think there was something more extensive going on there. His shock didn't seem like the type of losing an important pawn in his "planning" (as Zu put it). I think it's obvious and Lvellie and Link really do care about each other... And I mean that strictly in a father-son way. Link hasn't had any parents since he was orphaned as a child anyway.

Not to mention, when Lvellie mentioned that he wanted to go back to Central a few chapters ago, Link jumped right on it and insisted that he accompany him. Though, he was ordered to stay and watch over Allen.

And then Lvellie said that he needed to "save Allen", "save The Fourteenth".
    Say whatttttttttttt???
    He didn't say save the way Apocryphos did, either.

How did Lvellie know about the Fourteenth in the first place anyway?? Did Bookman tell him? Did the Noah tell him? Did Cross tell him? Those are the only people that knew, after all. Somehow, Lvellie (and consequently Link) are connected to Neah.

And on that note, Lvellie and Rene know about Apocryphos. And Apocryphos tried to erase Link's memory/kill him in order to prevent Lvellie from finding out he's running around.

And after this chapter, after all this time, I'm convinced they might actually be in support of Neah. Lvellie has a history of being too radical and goes about things the wrong way...

What exactly is Malcolm Lvellie planning?
    And why don't the Pope and Cardinal want him to figure it out what they're planning?
    Last edited by Naomidee; April 22, 2011 at 08:57 AM.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    How did Lvellie know about the Fourteenth in the first place anyway?? Did Bookman tell him? Did the Noah tell him? Did Cross tell him? Those are the only people that knew, after all. Somehow, Lvellie (and consequently Link) are connected to Neah.
    There were microphones in the room when Cross and Allen had that last talk. They were recording everything.
    So Levelier, Komui and who else was in that room know about the 14th.
    And there was also that talk to all the exorcists when Allen told them to kill him if he became the 14th.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    There were microphones in the room when Cross and Allen had that last talk. They were recording everything.
    So Levelier, Komui and who else was in that room know about the 14th.
    And there was also that talk to all the exorcists when Allen told them to kill him if he became the 14th.
    He knew about it before that.

-edit-
    Or at least... I thought he did. I'll look into it after a little while. I have too much homework at the moment... ;;;

-double edit-
    AHA! I found it, here http://www.mangareader.net/210-15227...apter-136.html.
    Cross looks shocked that Lverrie (god what IS his name!? XD) new about The Fourteenth. This was before the talk between Allen and Cross that was recorded.
    Last edited by Naomidee; April 22, 2011 at 11:23 AM.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

He knew about it before that.

-edit-
    Or at least... I thought he did. I'll look into it after a little while. I have too much homework at the moment... ;;;
    Nah, you are right. He knew there was a 14th Noah and that Cross was involved with him. I forgot about the Generals meeting.
    What he didn't know till the AllenXCross meeting was that Allen had the Noah memory.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hopeandlight's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So what's the deal with Lvellie in this chapter? I think out of everything, he was the biggest shock, even above Road revealing her deep knowledge and connection to Mana and Neah.

On the surface, Lvellie just loosk like he needs Link for his dog, but I think there was something more extensive going on there. His shock didn't seem like the type of losing an important pawn in his "planning" (as Zu put it). I think it's obvious and Lvellie and Link really do care about each other... And I mean that strictly in a father-son way. Link hasn't had any parents since he was orphaned as a child anyway.

Not to mention, when Lvellie mentioned that he wanted to go back to Central a few chapters ago, Link jumped right on it and insisted that he accompany him. Though, he was ordered to stay and watch over Allen.

And then Lvellie said that he needed to "save Allen", "save The Fourteenth".
    Say whatttttttttttt???
    He didn't say save the way Apocryphos did, either.

And on that note, Lvellie and Rene know about Apocryphos. And Apocryphos tried to erase Link's memory/kill him in order to prevent Lvellie from finding out he's running around.

And after this chapter, after all this time, I'm convinced they might actually be in support of Neah. Lvellie has a history of being too radical and goes about things the wrong way...

What exactly is Malcolm Lvellie planning?
    And why don't the Pope and Cardinal want him to figure it out what they're planning?
    radical and malcom reminds me of Malcolm X
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_X
    though i don't know about the last name

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner cruxe's Avatar
    Country
    Uruguay
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: DGM Chapter 205 Discussion / 206 Prediction

Since Naomidee asked the questioned about how Rouvelier knew about the 14th , I've been rereading previous chapters and stumbled upon something quite interesting. In Ch 137, p12, Rouvelier said to Komui that " The unknown Noah. Once we catch that person, what will we turn him into...". Doesn't this mean that he has his own sinister plans for the 14th. This would also explain why he wants to save the 14th. What do you guys think ???

[Edit]
    I've read the mangafox version of ch 137, p12, and Rouvelier didn't say that. So does anyone know which translation is the most accurate ???
    Last edited by cruxe; April 22, 2011 at 08:23 PM.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

[Looks at the MangaFox version of the translation.]

Alright. Well, just by looking at it, I would say that the version on Mangafox seems to make more sense and be translated more accurately. Of course, I don't know the first thing about Japanese.

Even so, I think we can safely assume that Levrrier is indeed planning something. He doesn't seem like the passive type. And Zu specifically asked him what he was planning. As for what that might be, I have no idea. That's still open for discussion.

Keep in mind that Levrier DID hear The Fourteenth say "I will kill you and become the Millennium Earl". the Inspector might want to exploit that little revelation. All this time Levrrier has seen Neah as a threat. Well, if you can't beat them... join them. I wonder if that saying might apply to him and Link at some point.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Might sound ridiculous coming from me..
    Do want Allen x Lenalee pairing
    I know theres translation fail in this chapter, but I still think they like each other.

Anyway, this is the turning point of DGM, I wonder where allen is headed to now? And how will noahs move now?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner midnightpony's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I was just rereading some chapters when I chanced upon this http://www.mangareader.net/210-15238...apter-147.html. Does this mean that they needed Allen to set up the gates and keep up his duties as an exorcist or did they need him for what Lvellie (or whatever his name is now) talked about in the latest chapter about how he "supports" Allen and Nea?

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, midnightpony, I think all three of those reasons may be valid. I think at the time, Link was mostly talking about the Order wanting information out of Allen. Not to mention, the HQ was under the attack of a Level Four Akuma, and they couldn't afford to lose an Exorcist that had breeched the Critical Point of Synchronization.

As for Lvellie supporting The Fourteenth, I still have a strong feeling about. I know for a fact that Lvellie isn't telling us everything and he knows SO much more than he lets on. I wonder how much he's shared with Link. Apparently, he didn't tell Link about Apocryphos, because Link was like WTF??? XD Just like Allen.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
    Part of the reason why people are so confused lately is because they're reading rushed scanlations. And Mangastream obviously changed Allen's line to reflect their Allen x Lenalee preference.
    I have no actual shipping preferences with DGM, but I don't mind the Allen x Lenalee pairing. Yet, it really is a little frustrating to see a scanlation group inserting a shipping reference when there's no actual mention of it in the original text. I've never seen this done before with any other scanlation group ever in my entire life of looking at all these groups' works.

Is this even allowed, I have to ask? I always believed that scanlation groups perform under neutrality.

As for Lvellie supporting The Fourteenth, I still have a strong feeling about. I know for a fact that Lvellie isn't telling us everything and he knows SO much more than he lets on. I wonder how much he's shared with Link. Apparently, he didn't tell Link about Apocryphos, because Link was like WTF??? XD Just like Allen.
    It's the mustache. It haaaaaaaaas to be. :P

Edit: Asides from the small joke, he definitely is hiding "something" still. We still don't know much of his past history or why he had to go as far as putting up this "harsh!Hitler!man" facade. I don't necessarily agree with how he has treated Lenalee unless Hoshino can give us an extreeemely good reason enough that I can forgive him for that.
    Last edited by tgirl; April 24, 2011 at 09:32 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Tick's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

"Keep Walking. Mana Walker"

Is Hoshino trying to make a joke? xD

Anyway, very good chapter, the artwork was awesome o.o
    I don't think that Lvellie is on 14th's side, I guess he is on the his own side.
    If the 14th go with the Noah, it's gonna be bad for the order, and consequently, it's going to be bad for him too, right? So, "saving" the 14th is the best thing he can do right now.
    I guess we are going to start a new arc with the next chapter (Maybe a time skip? It seems that this has become common lately.....)
    Now I'm damn curious to see what's gonna happen from now on...

The Advent of Despair...
    Black Carnival

http://gustavosnovaes.deviantart.com/

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member TitaniumChloride's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tick View Post
    "Keep Walking. Mana Walker"
    Is Hoshino trying to make a joke? xD
    I don't know what she was thinking when she used that as a surname, but I find it really appropriate. Most english surnames were derived from occupations, like how Smith referred to those who did metal work (blacksmiths) and Bakers were, well, bakers. Since Mana and Allen do a lot of walking, they are Walkers~ But the name site gave it's meaning as: Occupational surname for a person who walked on damp raw cloth in order to thicken it.

As for the next chapter, I hope there won't be a timeskip without seeing what happened to Allen right after he went through his gate.

My Manga List (outdated)

Shows: Supernatural, Legend of Korra
    Webcomics: Homestuck, Paranatural, Gunnerkrigg Court
    Tumblr: onewayworld

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zidane's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tgirl View Post
    I have no actual shipping preferences with DGM, but I don't mind the Allen x Lenalee pairing. Yet, it really is a little frustrating to see a scanlation group inserting a shipping reference when there's no actual mention of it in the original text. I've never seen this done before with any other scanlation group ever in my entire life of looking at all these groups' works.

Is this even allowed, I have to ask? I always believed that scanlation groups perform under neutrality.
    What line are you people referring to, if you don't mind showing me? I can assure you, our translators aren't into any pairings, xD, but I'd like to look into it and find out.
    If anyone feels like we messed anything up in our scans or translations, feel free to email me under zidane@mangastream.com any time and I'll look into the case.
    You can't possibly expect us to fix anything without pointing it out to us, we aren't reading every last fan-forum, we aren't omnipresent, but we aren't unreachable either, so how is it constructive to complain about it here and not bring it to our attention? I'm confuzzled xD.
    I was just pointed towards this issue by some DGM fan without really getting told what chapter / page / line is even meant, so help me out please.

If a major change is needed I'll tweet and fb about it, otherwise I'll try and still let you know here.
    Last edited by zidane; April 25, 2011 at 04:02 AM.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 101 of 111 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 ... LastLast