Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shodai Kitetsu FOUND!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ANBU4U's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shodai Kitetsu FOUND!

Is this Shodai Kitetsu?

For a long time now One Piece fans have speculated when Zorro might come across it but it seems as though that may not be in the cards.

One of the Five Elder Stars is holding an EXTREMELY long Nodachi with the EXACT same hilt as Sandai Kitetsu.

Considering that Oda never reuses the hilt designs of noteworthy swords....and the old wizened look of the swords wooden sheath, then of course the stature of the man holding it....I think there is a good chance that that relic may well be the Shodai Kitetsu.

Meaning once again, that Zorro won't get it.
    1) It's too long
    2) It's in the hands of a man who may well never see action in the series.
    3) I've always doubted whether or not Zorro would get a supreme grade blade...as for one they seem universally over sized, and two the sword would automatically overshadow Wadō Ichimonji which seems wrong somehow.

More likely Zorro will simply wield three of the Ō Wazamono Grade Swords equaling collectively the power of a Saijō Ō Wazamono Grade Sword.

If I were to be unimaginative I would guess he'll come across the Nidai Kitetsu eventually.
    Last edited by ANBU4U; June 30, 2008 at 08:52 PM.

2. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZeroChrome's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shodai Kitetsu FOUND!

Oh, nice find act I also just re-read that part and never notice the sword. I thought it was just a random stick or a cane because I didn't realize the hilt
    I think the Shuusui is also a long katana right? I thought that at first seeing Ryuuma holding the sword while fighting Zoro

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroChrome View Post
    Oh, nice find act I also just re-read that part and never notice the sword. I thought it was just a random stick or a cane because I didn't realize the hilt
    I think the Shuusui is also a long katana right? I thought that at first seeing Ryuuma holding the sword while fighting Zoro
    Items in OP are known to fluctuate in height depending on who's holding them....Oda can be lax at times. But not this much.

Shuusui is more or less a normal sized Katana........but the sword that Elder Star is carrying is epic. If it were to stand lengthwise it would be just as tall as the Elder Star who's standing in the double spread.

Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

I've noticed the sword before and thought about it being one of the legendary swords but I dismissed it immediatly... but now that you've mentioned it...it looks like you're onto something my friend....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Raysen_ht's Avatar
    Sky... if u look carefully u will find me
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Stupid question, sorry:
    What is Shodai Kitetsu and Sandai Kitetsu??

I really didnt memorised the names of the special swords... Maybe someone could list them here (not everyone of them, but like, "dsfbldksfb" name refers to the best 5, "fmvbfsdlhv" to the top 21, "ajcbldajcv" to the top 50)

I guess the one mentioned on this thread is on the top 5... yes?

Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raysen_ht View Post
    Stupid question, sorry:
    What is Shodai Kitetsu and Sandai Kitetsu??

I really didnt memorised the names of the special swords... Maybe someone could list them here (not everyone of them, but like, "dsfbldksfb" name refers to the best 5, "fmvbfsdlhv" to the top 21, "ajcbldajcv" to the top 50)

I guess the one mentioned on this thread is on the top 5... yes?
    12 Saijō Ō Wazamono (Supreme Grade Sword)

*Kokutou Yoru: The Black Blade Yoru - owned by Dracule "Hawkeye" Mihawk

*Shodai Kitetsu (First Generation Demon-Splitter) - the one we're discussing

21 Ō Wazamono (Great Grade Sword)

*Nidai Kitetsu - 二代鬼徹 (Second Generation Demon-Splitter)

*Wadō Ichimonji - 和道一文字 (The One Road of Harmony, known as simply "Wadō" in the 4Kids dub) -the one Zoro got from Kuina's dad

*Shuusui (Clear Autumn Water)- the one Zoro got after defeating Ryuuma

Ryō Wazamono Grade Swords

*Kashū - 花洲 (Flower State)-belongs to Tashigi

*Yubashiri - 雪走 (Snow Run, known as Yu-bashiri [Snow Crasher or Running Snow] in the Viz translation') -the one Zoro bought from Loguetown and was destroyed by Shuu the Marine Captain at Enies Lobby

Wazamono Grade Swords

*Sandai Kitetsu - 三代鬼徹 (Third Generation Demon-Splitter, known as Kitetsu III in the Viz translation)-Zoro bought it from Loguetown along with the Yubashiri

*Shigure - 時雨 (Drizzle, known as Autumn Rain in the Viz translation)- belongs to Tashigi

8. Thanks 11 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

I've actually seen this idea discussed before but not on this forum.

There are 2 opinions of course and those are that Zoro will or will not fight that man when the SH's face the Gorousei.

But I would rather Zoro not get any Supreme grade swords myself, at least until he defeats Mihawk. I would rather Zoro get to the position as best swrodsman with Great Grade swords and not with Supreme Grade swords.

So I am of the opinion that he will find the Nidai before he fights Mihawk, yes I know highly unoriginal and many plot holes in this idea.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    I've actually seen this idea discussed before but not on this forum.

There are 2 opinions of course and those are that Zoro will or will not fight that man when the SH's face the Gorousei.

But I would rather Zoro not get any Supreme grade swords myself, at least until he defeats Mihawk. I would rather Zoro get to the position as best swrodsman with Great Grade swords and not with Supreme Grade swords.

So I am of the opinion that he will find the Nidai before he fights Mihawk, yes I know highly unoriginal and many plot holes in this idea.
    Unoriginal perhaps...but I don't see any inherent plot holes.

Also, I don't see the problem with Zorro having a Supreme Grade sword...
    I don't think he will ever get one because it would out value Wado...but that said if you think he WILL get one what does it matter if he does it before or after Mihawk?

The swords themselves have no inherent power....just qualities. They shouldn't really win or lose the fight for Zorro. And it's not like he's making a statement of skill by using Fine Grade swords or something.

So if you're going to let him use 3 Great Grade swords, why not a Supreme one? What statement does that make to the readers?

Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ANBU4U View Post
    Unoriginal perhaps...but I don't see any inherent plot holes.
    Plot holes was not the best word choice. Taxing might have been better. Because a long string of events much first happen for Zoro to wield the Nidai. First his current sword must be destroyed, because I cant just see Zoro throwing away a good sword. And if his sword does break that idea is a bit repetitive.

Then he must find the Nidai, and if someone is currently weilding the sword he must fight and defeat them. Once again it is a bit repetitive.

The best idea is that he holds onto his current swords until he defeats the Garosei member and in the process his Sandai gets broken. He then picks up the Shodai after winning the fight.

They shouldn't really win or lose the fight for Zorro.
    Except for the fact that a higher grade could more easily break a lesser grade sword. That could definitely change the balance in a duel.
    Last edited by LoS; June 30, 2008 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    Except for the fact that a higher grade could more easily break a lesser grade sword. That could definitely change the balance in a duel.
    We'll yea but Zorro isn't fighting with swords that poor. Perhaps the Sandai Kitetsu...but Wado and Shuusui wouldn't.

Mihawks first serious attack against Zorro seems to suggest that Great grade swords are good enough to stand up to the Supreme at least.

Still I get your point.

Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

but Zorro isn't fighting with swords that poor
    Still I get your point.
    Well good thing you understand, but also did you forget that when Zoro was fighting Ryuuma he said that if the fight went any longer his swords would have broken?

Now that could have been a combination between Shuusui being heavy and very powerful causing more damage than Zoro's attack, Ryuuma being physically stronger than Zoro, or that Sandai is a lesser grade than Shuusui.

Regardless, one of those 3 factors was a huge contributor to Zoro's swords nearing the breaking point. I know Zoro later pointed out he needed to get stronger, but Sandai being a lesser grade naturally would not withstand an enduring(long lasting) battle against a higher grade sword.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Raysen_ht's Avatar
    Sky... if u look carefully u will find me
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with LoS, a lesser grade sword wouldnt withstand a long battle with a higher grade, IF THE POWER OF THE FIGHTERS ARE EQUIVALENT... So i guess he would need at least 1 supreme sword to fight mihawk, or to get significantly stronger than the current nº 1 swordsman, to be able to defeat him with a lesser grade sword....

If he gets a supreme sword, the one on this thread might be a good choice...

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Imitorar's Avatar
    A world of my own creation located within the depths of my mind.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt Zoro will be getting ANY other swords, and even if he does, certainly not a sword held by one of the Gorosei, although POSSIBLY Shodai Kitetsu. I mean, all 3 of the swords Zoro has now are either his treasure (Wado Ichimonji) or he had to go through something to get them (he risked his arm to get Sandai Kitetsu, and he had to beat Ryuma to get Shusui.) So since he won those swords, I doubt they'll be replaced.

That said, I suppose I CAN see Sandai Kitetsu being replaced by a different Kitetsu. Maybe Shodai Kitetsu, but not if one of the Gorosei has it, because the odds of the Gorosei fighting ANYONE in One Piece seem rather slim, and the odds of them fighting a Straw Hat seem even slimmer. They've got desk jobs. And as to the discussion of Zoro needing higher grade swords to beat Mihawk and other future opponents, as people have said, it really doesn't matter what grade the sword is, it matters more the person who's using it, even in terms of endurance. A good swordsman will be able to use his sword effectively and reinforce it so that it can withstand fighting even a higher quality sword.

Sigpic gotten from Impel Down

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sorata's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing is for sure, even if Zoro replaces one of his sword, it won´t be for a sword stronger than the Wadō Ichimonji, even if he gets the Nidai Kitetsu to substitute the Sandai Kitetsu it´s ok, but he won´t get a sword stronger than the one from Kuina (Wadō Ichimonji), it just wouldn´t feel right imo.

And on top of that, Kuina´s sword already survived one attack from Mihawks sword, wich seems to be the strongest sword in the world.
    Did you hear about the man who can´t be destroyed?? = Shin Jin-Ho - "The Immortal"

He is the Fastest highschooler and the Strongest Linebacker in the history of Japan!! = Shin Seijuurou - "The Perfect Player"

If you disrupt the discipline in Namimori he will Bite you to Death!! = Hibari Kyoya - Vongola X´s Strongest Guardian

The man who will be the strongest swordsman!! = Roronoa Zoro - The Pirate Hunter

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member hot_chips's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if Zoro gets a sword of higher quality than Wado Ichimonji it won't replace it.
    The swords rank doesn't matter to Zoro as show in Logue Town.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast