Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: One Piece Ranking System...

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BlackSword's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece Ranking System...

I think a lot of people were using the Kizaru & Pacifista vs Hawkins, Apoo, XDrake & Urouge to judge the Supernovas.

"The black blade that cuts your troubles away."
    Spoiler: One Piece Predictions ~ 09/06/2012  show

Supporter of Usopp: Cleavage diving extraordinaire! - 09/29/2010
    My opinions are subject to Radical, Unpredictable, Illogical change without notice.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity DARK's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How is Shiki ever a filler character?

Oda personally wrote the story for Strong World himself; Toei literally begged Oda to create the storyline for the 10th anniversary animation movie. To add more into this, Oda also published a manga side-story detailing the events of Gol D. Roger's execution, how it affected those who came to witness it, and Shiki being imprisoned in Impel Down.

When Luffy manages to break into Impel Down, Sengoku and Garp reflect that it was the first time that somebody caused a ruckus there since "Kinjishi." (Shiki) If Shiki was mentioned in a canonical arc, one could really question if his existence is "filler." There's no way Oda would insert the movie antagonist's name into such an important conversation, and still have him consider the person filler. (The manga wasn't purely advertising the movie you know).

Shiki is obviously not some "filler" character, his very existence is tied into the heart of the story. Shiki was unable to defeat Roger in battle, but his reputation in battle is frightening to say the least. If I had to place him on the tier system, Shiki would be Level 9.5 (in his prime). He is quite not on the level of Roger or Whitebeard, but is as notorious and fear-invoking.

Again, I still need to know why Hancock is high up on the ranking list, especially since we know very little of her battle style and the amounts of fights she had been in are limited (she only fought Smoker in the Marineford war). She may be a Shichibukai and has Kuja (Haoushoku) haki, but I still don't understand her placement. She may be the Pirate Empress, but her reputation isn't compared to the likes of the "World's Greatest Swordsman" or even Blackbeard himself.

Hancock's bounty is lower than most of the other Shichibukai thus far as well. There would be no point placing her in the stead of their progress unless we have seen her prove herself in battle. That's not to say that she isn't high up on the list, but not as high as, say, Level 8. I don't see how she could be any better than Jinbei, Crocodile, or Inankov in battle. How she might be able to defeat Ace or Shiryuu, I have no clue.
    Last edited by DARK; October 12, 2010 at 08:15 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MonsterEnvy's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DARK View Post
    How is Shiki ever a filler character?

Oda personally wrote the story for Strong World himself; Toei literally begged Oda to create the storyline for the 10th anniversary animation movie. To add more into this, Oda also published a manga side-story detailing the events of Gol D. Roger's execution, how it affected those who came to witness it, and Shiki being imprisoned in Impel Down.

When Luffy manages to break into Impel Down, Sengoku and Garp reflect that it was the first time that somebody caused a ruckus there since "Kinjishi." (Shiki) If Shiki was mentioned in a canonical arc, one could really question if his existence is "filler." There's no way Oda would insert the movie antagonist's name into such an important conversation, and still have him consider the person filler. (The manga wasn't purely advertising the movie you know).

Shiki is obviously not some "filler" character, his very existence is tied into the heart of the story. Shiki was unable to defeat Roger in battle, but his reputation in battle is frightening to say the least. If I had to place him on the tier system, Shiki would be Level 9.5 (in his prime). He is quite not on the level of Roger or Whitebeard, but is as notorious and fear-invoking.

Again, I still need to know why Hancock is high up on the ranking list, especially since we know very little of her battle style and the amounts of fights she had been in are limited (she only fought Smoker in the Marineford war). She may be a Shichibukai and has Kuja (Haoushoku) haki, but I still don't understand her placement. She may be the Pirate Empress, but her reputation isn't compared to the likes of the "World's Greatest Swordsman" or even Blackbeard himself.

Hancock's bounty is lower than most of the other Shichibukai thus far as well. There would be no point placing her in the stead of their progress unless we have seen her prove herself in battle. That's not to say that she isn't high up on the list, but not as high as, say, Level 8. I don't see how she could be any better than Jinbei, Crocodile, or Inankov in battle. How she might be able to defeat Ace or Shiryuu, I have no clue.
    I agree with you but one thing the only reason Hancocks bounty was low like Croc's was because after one campain she got her High (for Starting) Bounty and was theb asked ti join the Shichibukai Crocodile had a low bounty too so I bet he became a Shichibukai early in his career too

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member St Michael's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrownedClown View Post
    Note that I assume Bepo being ranked an 8 is a joke...
    Hehe , yes it was. Even if ..

edit : Beppo isn't a SN anyway

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah... still I bet he has a bounty beetween 50 and 100 million
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member St Michael's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope he reached the 100 (or even 300 ) million during the skip.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

About Bepo, he committed a huge mistake in assuming that there were no female bears on Amazone Lily, IIRC there was a Panda Woman there, and Panda's are Bears!

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BlackSword's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Updated:
    18 Characters Added.
    Future Updates Section Added.
    Latest Updates Section Added.
    v.04
    More coming soon!

"The black blade that cuts your troubles away."
    Spoiler: One Piece Predictions ~ 09/06/2012  show

Supporter of Usopp: Cleavage diving extraordinaire! - 09/29/2010
    My opinions are subject to Radical, Unpredictable, Illogical change without notice.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Aikidoka's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shanks should be crossed out, I don't think he has had an actual on-panel fight yet IIRC.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Roarchu's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

what a heck? Tashigi in the same class as Bon-chan and only 1 class below Daz ??!!!

hmmm...during Arabasta:

Bon-chan ~ Sanji ~ Zoro >> Tashigi

nothing points to Tashigi being stronger now. And remember Impel Down? Bon-chan gave a few good pounds to the Minotaurus. do you think she could do as well as him in battle? no way

also, Jimbei (sea) vs Jimbei (land)...just a suggestion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be interesting to add Nightmare Luffy to the list, I'd put it at 7.5 or 8, it really was pwning Oars like if it was a baby...

New Reply
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12