Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: How will the training arc be dealt with by Oda?

Voters
222. You may not vote on this poll
  • Timeskip (jump right to the end of the trainings)

164 73.87%
  • Detailed (show each strawhat's trainings)

17 7.66%
  • Cover page (glimpse as we only follow Luffy's)

30 13.51%
  • Other (explain)

11 4.95%
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Strawhat training (Timeskip)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Strawhat training (Timeskip)

Hey everyone, so it seems that we are going toward a strawhat training arc.
    So, if we want to discuss this more, that would be the place to do so.

A few things I'd like to bring up...

First, this is what I think their training will look like:

Luffy
    Haki training with Rayleigh, Jimbei and Hancock

Zoro
    Sword training against all of the Gorillas, and maybe some tips from Mihawk

Nami
    Learning to control wind, and other weather tricks

Usopp
    Learning to use either plants or insects as projectiles. Buffing up and getting braver. (Let's hope for him to get thinner)

Sanji
    Spoiler: Info from chapter 595 show

Chopper
    Spoiler: Info from chapter 595 show

Robin
    She will most likely learn more from the RA. Either about the Void Century, or about Poneglyphs location. I doubt that she will get any better with her DF.

Franky
    He saw the blueprint of Vegapunk, so he will most likely rebuild himself with some of his ideas.

Brooke
    The only long-armed we saw fighting used music-based attack, and I think it might be a fighting still from those people (Apoo, just coincidenly have the power to transform part of its body into instrument).
    I think he will learn to make music-based attack, like them.

-----------

Now, another question:
    How do you think (or how do you wish) the training arc to be dealt with?

1. Timeskip (how long?)
    2. Detailed (showing them one by one)
    3. Cover page (showing them in cover page, as we follow only Luffy)
    Last edited by THM Nindo; August 05, 2010 at 07:57 AM.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Strawhat training arc

I think the timeskip wont be really long...I mean, it will take the time for Franky to rebuilt and the time for Zoro to defeats those animals (LOL, He doesn't even need to understand the message because He's forced to defeat them in order to leave) and the same time for Sanji to
    Spoiler show

I stand by 10 days considering how OP time works.

I'm curious about what Robin can learn from the RA.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member neomaster121's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LordUriel View Post
    I think the timeskip wont be really long...I mean, it will take the time for Franky to rebuilt and the time for Zoro to defeats those animals (LOL, He doesn't even need to understand the message because He's forced to defeat them in order to leave) and the same time for Sanji to
    Spoiler show

I stand by 10 days considering how OP time works.

I'm curious about what Robin can learn from the RA.
    how can it take 10 days for sanji to beat 99 masters

that would just mean sanji was already stronger than all of them and needs to learn nothing from them or improve his strength

chopper learning of all the islands plants and get stronger won't take 10 days

no body should be in denile we will be getting a time skip it won't be 3 years like naruto but with even law waiting before he enters the new world i'd say around 6months maybe even a year

Be The Flame
    Not The Moth

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, they sailed trough Grand Line in 6 months. This training in 10 days seems the most coherent thing if we take that in consideration.
    :/

You're thinking as if you were IRL, you need to enter One Piece World and understand the logics and time-space rules.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Welllll I think it'll be a combination of Timeskip and Detailed.

As it is, we've probably spent a good couple of weeks looking over the events of people unfold. I mean, as it is we're jumping about timewise (people speaking about Luffy's actions as a week ago when it was only a couple of chapters for us) whilst still looking at the the details of the Strawhats with the distractions of other characters in the world.

And then before we know it, quite some time has passed. I mean, I expect a timeskip at the end, but it might look like something of a montage of :

"So the Strawhat's tirelessly went about their endevours until...//...3 months after the War..."

Like that.

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, they sailed trough Grand Line in 6 months. This training in 10 days seems the most coherent thing if we take that in consideration.
    :/

You're thinking as if you were IRL, you need to enter One Piece World and understand the logics and time-space rules.
    i think you don't understand that almost ten days is going to take them to came back,i talk about days in One Piece World,to Luffy it take a week to go back to Marinford so if you tell me that 10 days they are going to be enough to train,research,etc.. then you realy didn't understand the hole point of Whitebeard Saga or don't want to admit that a time-skip is going to happen.

i don't know why are you in denial but the time-skip is going to be and it will be longer then 3 months and problaby a year,how Law says "One Piece isn't going anywhere"
    Last edited by Lutzu; August 06, 2010 at 07:35 AM.

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lutzu View Post
    i think you don't understand that almost ten days is going to take them to came back,i talk about days in One Piece World,to Luffy it take a week to go back to Marinford so if you tell me that 10 days they are going to be enough to train,research,etc.. then you realy didn't understand the hole point of Whitebeard Saga or don't want to admit that a time-skip is going to happen.

i don't know why are you in denial but the time-skip is going to be and it will be longer then 3 months and problaby a year,how Law says "One Piece isn't going anywhere"
    Yeah, I really see only three options :

1. Timeskip to the new year

He rang the bell 16 time, which is what you usually do in the new year.
    He could have meant that he wants to reunite for the new year.

The adventure started on May 5th, and they've been out there for what... 6 months someone said?

If it's the regular new years, that would leave at most 1 month.
    If it's the chinese new years, that would leave them at most 2-2.5 months.

2. 1-year timeskip

He rang the bell 16 time, which is what you usually do in the new year.
    He could have meant that he wants to reunite in 1 year.

In that case, the timeskip would be of one year.

3. 2-years timeskip

When I look at his tattoo, I can read something like SA2Y or SP2Y

I think it could mean either :
    - Sabaody Archipelago in 2 years.
    - Strawhat pirates in 2 years.

Meaning, in that case, that he will want to reunite with them in 2 years.

-----

2 years seems a bit long...
    Even 1 year seems long, considering that the group haven't been together for 6 months (especially Franky and Brooke)...

Maybe a 3-months timeskip...
    At max 6 months, IMO.
    Last edited by THM Nindo; August 06, 2010 at 09:30 AM.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I suspect the training to be done off-screen, Oda has never done a training arc before. That's what I would prefer too, rather not bog down everything by showing detailed training arcs for everyone.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Wonder if franky and nami are the ones closest to finishing thier "training". Nami already stole a bunch of tehcnology and research so perhaps she does not necessarily have to stay at the island to learn all the stuff, she just has to get away and get the hang of things as she goes back to the meeting point. Franky was already shown in a strange way to say the least.
    http://www.cloudmanga.com/One_Piece/594/13/
    I'd think franky has already begun upgrading and is bound to have a significant increase in strength.

Zoro has to defeat the monkeys and whatnot... I don't think he'd be at luffy's level where he'd use haki but not realize it. I think once he is able to get the gist of haki he will leave the island....

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lutzu View Post
    Ok, then I'll add other 10 days to everyone to return. Still not a year. Less talking 2 years.
    And that's kinda not related with the point I'm trying to make dude. Try to stay focus on what I say: If there is a timeskip, it will be REALLY short. 2 weeks, 20 days. 1 month at top (Considering that you're right about 10 days to travel, but then again we actually ignore how close or far are the Mugiwaras between them)

I'm not in denial and insults me your attitude towards me, but it's not about finding One Piece this time. It's about Nakamas meeting again. They're not rush over a treasure, they don't see each other for at least a month and have to wait another to see their captain and their crewmates. That's the rush.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, then I'll add other 10 days to everyone to return. Still not a year. Less talking 2 years.
    And that's kinda not related with the point I'm trying to make dude. Try to stay focus on what I say: If there is a timeskip, it will be REALLY short. 2 weeks, 20 days. 1 month at top (Considering that you're right about 10 days to travel, but then again we actually ignore how close or far are the Mugiwaras between them)
    Think please - how is Sanji supposed to beat 99 enemies in 30 days?
    If he could beat 3 of them per day + Ivankov that easily there would be no training effect for him.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

What do we define as timeskip?
    Oda is often skipping forth and back a few hours or days. In fact that is the normal way of story telling (if you are not watching "24").
    So, what is a timeskip for you?

Many things happened and many things can still happen. Oda can easily jump from one event to another rushing through a vast amount of time without "really skipping".

I won't mind if Oda jumps forward a few month/years, but then he would have the problem of telling us about what happend in between those month/years.

Quote Originally Posted by Soka View Post
    If he could beat 3 of them per day + Ivankov that easily there would be no training effect for him.
    Sanji is supposed to get better with training! So lets say he can beat 1 enemy per day in the beginning, after 10 days he can beat 2 enemies and after another 10 days he can beat 5 enemies per day, then after 30days=1month Sanji won against 80 enemies.
    But if he could beat 5 enemies already it won't take Sanji too long to beat even more.
    E.g. 1(10days)+2(10days)+5(5days)+10(5days)=105 enemies in 30 days.
    You are thinking too linear, or are forgetting the training effect yourself.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soka View Post
    1) He is pushing himself.
    2) He wants to see his captain.
    3) Each battle makes him exponentially stronger.
    If in less than one battle one can learn TWO gears, 99 persons to defeat for someone as strong as Sanji wont take 30 days.
    So, please think.

And no one said that He had to defeat Ivankov, BTW.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Popo View Post
    Sanji is supposed to get better with training! So lets say he can beat 1 enemy per day in the beginning, after 10 days he can beat 2 enemies and after another 10 days he can beat 5 enemies per day, then after 30days=1month Sanji won against 80 enemies.
    But if he could beat 5 enemies already it won't take Sanji too long to beat even more.
    E.g. 1(10days)+2(10days)+5(5days)+10(5days)=105 enemies in 30 days.
    You are thinking too linear, or are forgetting the training effect yourself.
    What about healing and resting ? Each fight will make him get injuries and will tire him out - especially if he uses Diable Jambe. It was also said that Sanji cannot use this technic too often.

The problem is also that Sanji's quest is not only to beat the Masters but also to avoid/beat each inhabitant of the island. They will chase him to turn him into an Okama so he won't have time to sleep peacefully. So it won't be easy to find the 99 Masters of the Kamabakka Kingdom.
    Last edited by Lord Rayleigh; August 08, 2010 at 05:06 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I just wanna see Rayleigh take Luffy around and throw him into fight after fight. Like some sadistic mentor. Or possibly the three of them rage across the seas just because they can. He could just run errands with Rayleigh, I dont know why but the thought of the 3 of them hanging around together sounds like fun.

New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast