Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakuman Episode Discussion Thread

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kaiser Will's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman Episode Discussion Thread

I have never laughed so hard when watching an anime before seeing the marriage scene. You know when you laugh so hard that you think you are going to die because you can't breath normally. Serious!

Anyway, it was a great episode. The Super Hero Legends opening was awesome, I really liked the voices of the main characters. Although it seems that I already heard them somewhere.
    The story is flowing in a good rhythm and it seems that it's just going to get better.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member sir_arles's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
    It is Hironobu Kageyama. You can't miss his distinctive voice once you hear it frequently.
    Yup. If Japan's wikipedia says so.... =P

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/影山ヒロノブ#...83.8B.E3.83.A1

Quote Quote:
    超ヒーロー伝説 バクマン。 挿入歌
    Last edited by sir_arles; October 03, 2010 at 10:22 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the actual opening annoys me since there's no manga in at all and makes the whole thing like some generic romcom slice of life, when its really HOT-BLOODED MANGA WRITIN

otherwise the episode was good

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ~FrienD~'s Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought i was gonna be bored because story and elements were already a given, but seems it was still interesting. I can't wait to see other characters in action.

Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member andysislands's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My biggest complaint about the first episode was the OP and the ED. Yeah, if you have to peg Bakuman in a genre, it's Slice-of-life and a dash of romance. Yeah, they went a bit heavy on the romance, probably to pull in more female viewers. I get it. Just not likeing how much that went in the OP.

For the ED, my biggest issue is the image on the left hand side. If you have read the manga alot of those scenes are like "Oh yeah! I remember that!" But, also think when these images are from. Alot of these are DEEP into the story (several volumes in). That's saying to me that this is going to be the only ED for a while. So either they are going to fly through the story (unlikely right now at 1 ep = 1 chapter), or they are just messing with us. I don't think 25 episodes is enough to get us through the story. Maybe 37 episodes would do it, depending on pacing. 52 more likely I think. But 9 volumes of story covered by the 1st ED? Eh....

Was Super Hero Legends only 12 volumes long? And that was his biggest success? I mean, that's not alot. That's like maybe 4 years of work (assuming shorter chapters length too). I guess I thought his series was closer to 18 volumes or something. And the timeframe is now just a bit weird for me... Since this series ran at about the same time as (or before) One Piece (since there is 15 volumes of One Piece)? I'm not really sure. But I hope they don't dig themselves too deep.

(My guess Viz will announce the license for Bakuman this Saturday. And by announce, I mean they will put a webstream for episode 1 this Saturday and send out a Press Release next Monday. If true, there goes any hopes of buying it on DVD!)
    That huge Hiroyuki Takei fan, who's has been around for a long, long time....

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner EmaleiEnglish64's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But the voices are great! My first reaction was like, "is Kaya going to sound so annoying and stick around for the rest of the series??" But I guess it fits her.Can't wait to hear Eiji's voice! [/QUOTE]

Oh god, I know. I heard it and I think my heart dropped a little. She has significant amounts of dialogue and the voice that is used for her is so annoying. But I do agree that she can be shrill and thus it will fit her.
    Let's face it no one likes signatures

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andysislands View Post
    Was Super Hero Legends only 12 volumes long? And that was his biggest success? I mean, that's not alot. That's like maybe 4 years of work (assuming shorter chapters length too). I guess I thought his series was closer to 18 volumes or something. And the timeframe is now just a bit weird for me... Since this series ran at about the same time as (or before) One Piece (since there is 15 volumes of One Piece)? I'm not really sure. But I hope they don't dig themselves too deep.
    Well, i thought it was pretty clear since the beginning that mashiros uncle wasn't really successfull.

I don't understand your question about onepiece though

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andysislands View Post
    So either they are going to fly through the story (unlikely right now at 1 ep = 1 chapter), or they are just messing with us. I don't think 25 episodes is enough to get us through the story. Maybe 37 episodes would do it, depending on pacing. 52 more likely I think. But 9 volumes of story covered by the 1st ED? Eh....
    First chapter was like almost 60 pages long, though. A usual chapter is 19, so that's like 3 chapters length there. With other manga-turned-anime too, it's usually 3 chapters = 1 episode. So if they have no fillers/recaps (which is probably unlikely. Even the Nurarihyon no Mago anime, which has more to work with since Mago is longer, has just had a recap episode), I'd expect them to be able to cover about 70+ chapters worth. That's quite a lot... They should be able to cover until
    Spoiler show

Quote Quote:
    Like the person before me said, it was established that his uncle wasn't particularly successful.
    Spoiler show

Also, yes, I think you're right. Super Hero Legend should have been running when Saikou was a kid. One Piece has been running since 1997 and when there were 15 volumes of One Piece that would have been about 2000 or 2001, when Saikou would have been about 6 or 7. Saikou is 14 at the start of Bakuman, which is presumably 2008, the year the manga itself began publishing.
    Last edited by saladesu; October 09, 2010 at 04:27 AM.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saint Markus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman Anime Announced

first episode was great like the manga. can't wait to see Neiji are whatever that crazy-@$$ kid's name is. the "Crow" artist.

he's fu*king weird for a 15 year old. lol.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner loser's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

the different between azuki in anime and manga,..
    Spoiler: Azuki Anime show

Spoiler: Azuki Manga show

I like Azuki in the manga most,..

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

just watched episode 2, love it..

kaya got some words in it, im not annoyed though..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Drago's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Bakuman Episode Discussion Thread

Bakuman Episode 02 is out on NarutoSoul

Click here to Watch/Download --->http://www.narutosoul.com/forums/bak...isode-2-a.html

Download Links

Episode 2 :http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NP2T5TOR

Episode 1 :http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2LPQXTAF

P.S i forget that MH has section for Bakuman so from now on i will regularly posting the Stream and download link of upcoming Episode

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

other anime source: gogoanime.com / anime44.com

just read some comments @gogoanime..
    some people got hooked up reading entire 104 manga chapters
    after watching anime episode 1 and 2.. ^^

i kinda like how the anime remove, change & add scenes to make it better..
    Last edited by sekida; October 10, 2010 at 09:49 PM.

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 2 was pretty good

If you're not one of the rather large army of gg detractors, you can also directly download the episodes off gg's website, though I think they're taking a while with the DDLs this week cuz some of their staff are away at a con.

@sekida: Wow, that's great to hear! ^^ That's what an anime should do imo! Draw more attention to and hence readers to the manga After all the mangaka is the real creator and unless the anime studio sticks to it entirely (of course, the slight changes etc to the scenes like you mentioned are okay), it's not exactly the story the mangaka wanted to tell. For example Fullmetal Alchemist (not Brotherhood), Soul Eater and Rurouni Kenshin, all of which I thought mangled the original manga story with anime-specific endings.

Which is why once again, I'm praying JC doesn't give Bakuman an anime-specific ending >< Like invent a manga for them (ie one that wasn't in the manga) to draw and give them an anime and yay Azuki gets the role and everyone lives happily ever after, without going through all the trials they have to come as far as they have in the manga.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sekida View Post
    just read some comments @gogoanime..
    some people got hooked up reading entire 104 manga chapters
    after watching anime episode 1 and 2.. ^^
    I'm one of them, watched the first episode and have read through the 104 chapters three times since then ... can't get enough

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast