Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Asarii looks exactly like this: m(★⊙¬ ㅇ ●)ლ <3

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Live your life off the wall

GC and Otaku Cafe are so different from series discussion, it's like preforming a different job. I can't even put it into words. It took more creativity to run Cafe, same goes for GC. I never modded on the shonen side of the forum as a green so I don't know much about modding it from a local perspective.

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Negima was about as active as the WTF when I modded and yet I had way more to do in the WTF... Way more. I'm really happy I did what I did while moderating but now that I look back in retrospect I wish I worked more locally and boosted a certain / some certain sections more instead of working with so much. Would've given the forum more.
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blai View Post
    Hence why I worked at three projects, had Negima and were a DB mod in the info section until I "resigned" that during exam periods...

And you're a noob mod compared to me, so don't play all high and mighty
    I trained you. What noob mod? D:
    But hi5 at working hard. no wonder why you kept yelling at me a lot. T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    You know how he is, he likes to brag he modded a big section, like it means anything. I modded small sections and somehow managed to become an admin
    It does mean something, modding Naruto. That section has or had tons of spam and stuff. Nuno, Jack, and bene were shocked at the amount of posts deleted... Nuno anyway as it was worse before the revamp. Plus, I mostly modded a big section on my own when I had uni. Modding small sections mean nothing if there's not as much activity or troublemakers.

That's only because you have no life and you cheat, with your work having computer and stuff. Plus, I didn't read other manga like you do, and my ambition for being blue was because I'd have blue name. Plus, we all know I doubt my decisions a lot, sooo. :< You actually do stuff no matter how harsh.

Quote Quote:
    Modding Naruto isn't worth it. I don't even like posting there
    It depends, really. If you want to gain experience and level up, as well as practice being able to handle an active forum with tons of off topicness and some bashing, then Naruto is the way to go. If you prefer peace and not having to do much work, then it's not worth modding Naruto. You'd find it easier gouging your eye out.
    Well, this was true months ago before revamp. Now there's less off topicness and more threads that are tl;dr.

Plus, Sari, modding Naruto and Bleach teach you to be more assertive and stick with your decisions. You will learn to not ever show your weakness and hesitation in public as well. The price is that you are more apt to get burned out.

Yeah, he does. It's not where you mod that matters, it's what you do as a mod. I must admit that I'm quite jealous at how fast you rose in ranks, I was like "Oh, awesome, you're blue, saw that coming" *like a month later* OHAI IM KAITEN AND IM MR RED and I was like *wtfbbqsauce!?!?* :3
    Nuno's done a lot more as a mod than I have though. He's made threads and etc. He also modded spoiler periods, which are the worse period for modding or lone modding.

Quote Quote:
    Almost as experienced time-wise but I believe doesn't have the wide knowledge like I do. I'm pretty sure he's more than competent when it comes to the thread management etc but I've modded both General and Manga sections and you can't have the same line drawn in both areas while he had the same type of posts/discussions to deal with all the time, also I've done lots of work outside of the normal mod area; something I would like to continue to do if I get a chance to go back to being green when my life has settled down in due time. No harm mean towards Milly, I don't know how he worked but he managed to handle the Naruto Section excellent and he should have kudos for that. But the thing is that I'm like soifon but male... and smarter!
    What kind of knowledge? Apart from that question, I guess I can agree with you.
    It's not exactly the same type. It really depends on the thread and the childboard posted in. Obviously I had to be lenient in Hangout and pretty lenient in Playground, and not as harsh in main board as I was in Chapter/Spoiler Discussion. It's not as easy, with the activity there. Though, one of my favorite aspects of modding is working with others, like with Nuno, Jack, and bene. I also want a chance to work with you, honestly. Working with a staff member makes modding easier and more fun, honestly.

I dunno if you agree, since Charles did a lot while you hadn't much to do, but with a big section like Naruto and Bleach, you will have SOMETHING to do... unless you're vinty.

What's soifon?

Well, Negima was about as active as the WTF when I modded and yet I had way more to do in the WTF... Way more. I'm really happy I did what I did while moderating but now that I look back in retrospect I wish I worked more locally and boosted a certain / some certain sections more instead of working with so much. Would've given the forum more.
    Would you have been able to do it? Did the sections you're thinking about working with had manga you read?

I also want to work with Sari. She can be the good cop, I can be the bad badass cop. :3

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I came back to a conversation about the philosophy of modding. BTW I like reading wall texts!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrogance View Post
    Hey Asarii! I hope Destiny is taking good care of you over in the Cafe
    Hello! Destiny is taking great care of me. She's gone for the month though and I miss her. ;_______;

You should have seen the hangout thread when I became modded. 't was teh battlez of teh spammrz n trolls. wit da legendary retards!
    *salutes* I never knew the hangout thread got quite messy back then. If you decide to mod again, will you be modding the same section?

GC and Otaku Cafe are so different from series discussion, it's like preforming a different job. I can't even put it into words. It took more creativity to run Cafe, same goes for GC. I never modded on the shonen side of the forum as a green so I don't know much about modding it from a local perspective.
    I agree. Otaku Cafe is certainly a lot different from the other series specific sub-forums. It's a generally peaceful section so the main thing is to interact with the members and keep it active. I had a creativity peak a while ago but it dropped. (It goes in a cycle.)

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Plus, Sari, modding Naruto and Bleach teach you to be more assertive and stick with your decisions. You will learn to not ever show your weakness and hesitation in public as well. The price is that you are more apt to get burned out.
    I'll definitely burn out for sure. I get worn out reading flame wars. Extinguishing it is a completely different matter.

Quote Quote:
    I also want to work with Sari. She can be the good cop, I can be the bad badass cop. :3
    Hopefully we'll make a good team. Let's be FBIs instead. *Criminal Minds fan*

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Hello! Destiny is taking great care of me. She's gone for the month though and I miss her. ;_______;
    Well I wouldn't know that because she barely stops by in the Fun Forums any more to say hi

Well for now then you could be the FF's Otaku Cafe representative. Start spamming posting in the Win Thread

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll definitely burn out for sure. I get worn out reading flame wars. Extinguishing it is a completely different matter.

Hopefully we'll make a good team. Let's be FBIs instead. *Criminal Minds fan*
    Naruto section isn't flame wars... just here and there. It's more off topicness than anything else. It was pretty bad before the revamp though, so you won't have AS MUCH work.

Hopefully. You and I can be like, Karui and Omoi! They did well together.
    Sure, why not? Or NCIS! I be Tony and you're Abby!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Asa, what was the last [or current] non-manga book you read? Any favorites you recommend?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I wouldn't know that because she barely stops by in the Fun Forums any more to say hi

Well for now then you could be the FF's Otaku Cafe representative. Start spamming posting in the Win Thread
    When she comes back, I'll tell her the Fun Forum misses her. :3

Posted! I'm glad I found a post to spam post about anything.

Naruto section isn't flame wars... just here and there. It's more off topicness than anything else. It was pretty bad before the revamp though, so you won't have AS MUCH work.

Hopefully. You and I can be like, Karui and Omoi! They did well together.
    Sure, why not? Or NCIS! I be Tony and you're Abby!
    Deleting OT posts is like picking at scabs. It's oddly satisfying. Although I don't have much OT posts to delete, I'm a Type A person so I like organization. 8D

BTW here is my post from one discussion thread. I'm a cheeseball!

If we want to be secretive, let's call each other Karui and Omoi. Ignoring the fact that our username will be a dead giveaway.

Asa, what was the last [or current] non-manga book you read? Any favorites you recommend?
    Unfortunately all I've been reading are books assigned in my class. I'm currently finding The Tragedy of Great Power Politics by John Mearsheimer really interesting. There are some things my prof doesn't agree with, but overall he says it's a good book and I agree with him.

One of my favourite novels is The House of the Scorpion. Nancy Farmer is very deserving of all the awards her book received. The protagonist is a clone of a powerful drug lord in a fictional country between Mexico and the US. It's set in the future and is the type of sci-fi I like. (That is, it's not the Star Trek/Star Wars/Battleship Galactica kind.) There's a realism to it like the events could be happening in real life in a couple of years.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a bad post. Short but to the point. :P

Well, you can help Naruto section be more organized! we'd all benefit. =D Deleting long OT posts is like picking at scabs for big wound. You don't wanna since that'd probably fuck something up, but you can't just help it.

Yay! You're Karui though. >:|

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately all I've been reading are books assigned in my class. I'm currently finding The Tragedy of Great Power Politics by John Mearsheimer really interesting. There are some things my prof doesn't agree with, but overall he says it's a good book and I agree with him.

One of my favourite novels is The House of the Scorpion. Nancy Farmer is very deserving of all the awards her book received. The protagonist is a clone of a powerful drug lord in a fictional country between Mexico and the US. It's set in the future and is the type of sci-fi I like. (That is, it's not the Star Trek/Star Wars/Battleship Galactica kind.) There's a realism to it like the events could be happening in real life in a couple of years.
    Fail. I only have text books to read so I have time for pleasure reading. I looked for The Tragedy of Great Power Politics at work but we don't carry it. I've never read any of Nancy Farmer's books but I've seen them before, really popular at work.
    Last edited by Kaiten; October 11, 2010 at 02:08 AM.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Might I recommend Artemis Fowl if you haven't read it yet?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Thanksgiving!! To America's hat that is.

Well, you can help Naruto section be more organized! we'd all benefit. =D Deleting long OT posts is like picking at scabs for big wound. You don't wanna since that'd probably fuck something up, but you can't just help it.

Yay! You're Karui though. >:|
    It would be really sad to delete a long OT post because the poster probably spent a lot of time writing it. Not on MH but on other forums I've read a series of wonderful posts that had nothing to do with the topic. Of course it all depends on the content. If its a series of rambles, then there would be no hard feelings IMO.

I wanted to be Karui myself! >

Fail. I only have text books to read so I have time for pleasure reading. I looked for The Tragedy of Great Power Politics at work but we don't carry it. I've never read any of Nancy Farmer's books but I've seen them before, really popular at work.
    Please do read Nancy Farmer's books! THoS is the only work I've read by her but she's a wonderful writer. Another sci-fi young adult book I recommend is anything written by Lois Lowry. The Giver is very popular, and I also enjoyed reading Gathering Blue.

Might I recommend Artemis Fowl if you haven't read it yet?
    I think my brother has the book (not entirely sure). I'll be sure to read it then. Anything that's NOT Twilight is all right with me.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Its not Thanksgiving

Moderator message by: Asarii
    For me it was! ):<
    Last edited by Asarii; October 12, 2010 at 08:06 PM.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be really sad to delete a long OT post because the poster probably spent a lot of time writing it. Not on MH but on other forums I've read a series of wonderful posts that had nothing to do with the topic. Of course it all depends on the content. If its a series of rambles, then there would be no hard feelings IMO.

I wanted to be Karui myself! >
    Happy Thanksgiving to you Canadian noobs as well! \o/

It is sad, but they brought it upon themselves for posting in the wrong topic. Sometimes moving the post is a good idea, and I prefer that, but it can spoil the members.

Yay! I'll let you punch me! As long as it's with love though!

Quote Quote:
    I think my brother has the book (not entirely sure). I'll be sure to read it then. Anything that's NOT Twilight is all right with me.
    I think there are seven books in the series to date? The third one is where it should have ended IMO, but it's still good enough. First three are definite read, it's a great series. Need summarization, at least for the first book?

Its not Thanksgiving
    My darling butthead, America's hat means Canada. she's wishing Canada a happy Thanksgiving.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

O, I thought it was a typo and that she was saying "To America That Is"

New Reply
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast