Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Favorite Plays, Musicals, and other shows on the stage

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Channy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite Plays, Musicals, and other shows on the stage

Hello Everyone i dont know how many people here like Plays and Musicals so i thought i would see.

I want to know your favorites

My two favorites right now are The Lion King on Broadway and Rent and in March i am going to see Stomp im so exited

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member steelwingcrash1's Avatar
    A place where KHR is number one - in my heart and mind!
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite Plays, Musicals, and other shows on the stage

Le' Miserables' by Victor Hugo has always been a literature-play classic. However, for me, the musical-play that surpasses the timeliness of Le' Miserables' is Cats.

Cats has been one of the most successful plays which was able to beautifully merge music, acting, and acrobatics in one. I remember my Grade 6 days wherein we presented Cats back in our school. It was a lot of fun projecting like stupid cats (I'm not good in acting so why did they have to choose me?)

The best songs in Cats are the opening song Jellicle Cats and the Mr. Mephistopheles' character song. Of course, the song Memory (Grizelda's character song) brings out the tear in anyone who will listen.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite Plays, Musicals, and other shows on the stage

I haven't watched many musicals, so saying this is my "favorite" is, I suppose, a bit of a stretch. But, I just watched WICKED and boy was it awesome! Didn't watch the "original" at Broadway or anything, so it was a different cast, but I thought they were great! If Broadway is even better than this, I am so watching Wicked at Broadway the first chance I get. I loved the acting, the singing, the costumes, the choreography, the set... Just everything! Some critics say it didn't link up well with The Wizard of Oz, but well, I can't really remember the details from The Wizard of Oz anyway, so that didn't affect me at all It was great as a standalone story, though of course you'll recognize characters from The Wizard of Oz and it's nice to see how they came about (eg the Tin Man and the lion).

My favorite songs were definitely the finale of Act I - Defying Gravity, and For Good from the end of Act II

New Reply