Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who is the new Fleet Admiral?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aokiji

52 41.60%
  • Akainu

52 41.60%
  • Kizaru

5 4.00%
  • Other

16 12.80%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the new Fleet Admiral?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member bisha16's Avatar
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is the new Fleet Admiral?

I would like to think that it is aokiji but somethings says me that it would be akainu with his absolute justice.Gurosei has been shown to have that absolute justice to so for him would be better to have a fleet admiral that follows his ideals

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

i vote for aokiji ^_^ i think he's the best option for the new fleet admiral and he was even nominated by gourosei to be his replacement..akainu has indeed a strong sense of justice but aokiji is wiser IMO and this is a strong point in becoming a fleet admiral

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the new fleet admiral is akainu. oda told me so. naw just joking, but seriously the strawhats have already made 2 many allies as is, and they dont need another at the top of the marines. they are allies with 4 of the 8 cuurent or former shchibukai not to mention 2 of the yonkou crews, plus a slew of other powerhouses like rayleigh, sky island and so on.

to make my point, ao kiji is not a ally all the way but on several occasions he has let them off the hook especially during the ennies lobby arc. he could have killed luffy during the war arc, but he only wounded him. he also apoligized to jinbei for freezing the sea so he couldnt get away from akainu.

the navy has to be seen as a threat to the strawhats. sengoku was a good leader but he has let the strawhats pretty much do as they pleased. the navy is to nice. they need a shhot 1st ask questions 2nd type of guy to deal with the pirates now.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Aikidoka's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Aokiji may be an 'ally' (or not an outright enemy) to the SHs but consider what Sengoku's role was pre-Timeskip. As Fleet Admiral he pretty much had no chance to go out to the sea personally, he mostly stayed in HQ or Mariejois.

If Akainu became the Fleet Admiral, he would have to stay in the important Marines locations, meaning he couldn't go out and hunt pirates, or get into battles with the SHs. Considering that he's been established as an enemy down the road (Luffy has beef with him for Ace), Akainu will have to fight them, and as such will have to stay an Admiral so he's allowed to go out to sea.

Aokiji, on the other hand, has less of a chance to fight the SHs, so it's better that he be promoted to Fleet Admiral.

Of course, this theory is gonna go down the drain if 1) Fleet Admirals are allowed to go out to sea and Sengoku was the exception, not the rule; 2) the SHs will go to Marine HQ and/or Mariejois in the future (this is a big possibility especially if Dragon allies with the SHs or recruits them for some sort of attack on the Marines directly); or 3) the story turns out such that the Fleet Admiral will encounter the SHs.

That said, the SHs are the type to avoid direct conflict with the Marines when it doesn't concern them, so the only way I see the 'Top 3' fighting them would be if they hunted them down/were ordered to hunt them down (like with Kizaru and Sabaody).
    Rest in Peace, Pwncrow. You will be missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ripmyg View Post
    PS: Urial, how did you become a mod?
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Blackmailing and whoring. It's easy.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, to me I better expect the Fleet Admiral to be someone that kinda likes Luffy as a person, even though they are enemies. I mean someone who still has a lot of respect for the great good pirates as human beings. You know, a bit like Sengoku about Whitebeard and Shanks, or Smoker and Sentoumaru about Luffy. The Fleet Admiral should show respect to strong and great people like Whitebeard did on Roger, Garp and Sengoku when he and Shanks met on Moby Dick.

I don't want someone like Akainu who would be saying that Straw Hat is the worst scum of the world, the worst bullshit ever born in this era - remember the speech on Whitebeard ? Who would like the head of the Marine to be like that ? That would be so bad. So I guess the most appropriate Admiral would be Aokiji knowing how he is. Kizaru is not like Akainu but he is pretty much like a monkey: he is completely dumb, only talks about his enemies' strenght and do not think about the people themselves. He doesn't suit for this Fleet Admiral characteristic. By the way, Akainu is much more better as an Admiral opponent than as a Fleet Admiral.
    Last edited by Lord Rayleigh; December 03, 2010 at 07:11 PM.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm, I dont quite agree on the Kizaru argument. It always seemed like Kizaru played the retard-card. His problem is that hes to playful with his enemies so to say. Hes probably by far the most dangerous of the three admirals when engaged in combat though. For Akainu, I dont think he will be the FA. He will be the Admiral Luffy will ultimatly beat at some later point in the story. Im pretty sure about that. By killing Ace he became the number one Suspect for Luffy to one day overcome.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Akainu was the one who accomplished the objective of the war by killing Ace. In the eyes of the marines, I think that he's the hero who killed Ace, and managed to seriously injure WB, by hitting him once in his chest, and by taking half of his face after that. In the eyes of the WG, he's the one who was truly efficient back at the war. But, I think that his " Absolute justice " is too much trouble to deal with, and he seems to be more the type of the guy " who takes order " and that's it. Like a dog, and I don't think that the WG wants someone like that to be the fleet admiral, but then again maybe they just need a guy like him who knows.

But anyway, Aokiji seems to be the perfect guy to be the fleet admiral, he's strong, and serious whenever the situation requires him to be like that, and more than that, he's not some " absolute justice " fanatic like Akainu and the VA.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh View Post
    Well, to me I better expect the Fleet Admiral to be someone that kinda likes Luffy as a person, even though they are enemies. I mean someone who still has a lot of respect for the great good pirates as human beings. You know, a bit like Sengoku about Whitebeard and Shanks, or Smoker and Sentoumaru about Luffy. The Fleet Admiral should show respect to strong and great people like Whitebeard did on Roger, Garp and Sengoku when he and Shanks met on Moby Dick.

I don't want someone like Akainu who would be saying that Straw Hat is the worst scum of the world, the worst bullshit ever born in this era - remember the speech on Whitebeard ? Who would like the head of the Marine to be like that ? That would be so bad. So I guess the most appropriate Admiral would be Aokiji knowing how he is. Kizaru is not like Akainu but he is pretty much like a monkey: he is completely dumb, only talks about his enemies' strenght and do not think about the people themselves. He doesn't suit for this Fleet Admiral characteristic. By the way, Akainu is much more better as an Admiral opponent than as a Fleet Admiral.
    with WB's death the world has changed for the worst, and sengoku was the calm type of leader the navy needed suring his time. now that WB is dead and the pirates are getting bolder, they need to fear the navy. they need to know that if they are caught that they could possibly be killed on sight without trial. akainu is a monster, and thats the type of leader the mnavy needs now. they only have a few REAL killers in their rank. half of the shichibukai are allied with luffy. they need a leader who is going to shoot 1st, shoot 2nd, and ask question last

http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece...3/page012.html

dragon said the structure of the WG change. i think the way he meant was a fundamental change in thinking. aokiji is a cool customer, but he cut from the same cloth as garp and sengoku. aokiji and akainu are exact opposites. this is why i think that the gorousei will appoint red dog as fleet admiral
    Last edited by chess4; December 04, 2010 at 04:15 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I honestly want it to be Aokiji, but I honestly believe that it's Akainu.

The reasons are the same as the above mentioned, all that Akainu did during the war, his view and mostly, the state of the world. The WG probably decided that having a strong hand in control means that things will be "easier" for them.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

A fleet admiral most likely only sits in the MHQ doing nothing but planing the strategy, giving orders to subordinates and going to Mariejois reporting to Kong. You really think Akainu would become that kind of pen-pusher?

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deffkryz View Post
    A fleet admiral most likely only sits in the MHQ doing nothing but planing the strategy, giving orders to subordinates and going to Mariejois reporting to Kong. You really think Akainu would become that kind of pen-pusher?
    No way. Maybe with the death of WB, the politic of the WG has changed and has become more agressive, therefore, it would be better to keep someone as stubborn and efficient like Akainu in the admiral post, and send to missions in the NW to do some cleaning and trying to gain some territories.

So yeah, Aokiji must be the next Fleet Admiral, I'm sure he'll enjoy sitting in the MHQ

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member JC123's Avatar
    City of Eternal Darkness, and it ain't Alaska!
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deffkryz View Post
    Sengoku did a lot of pen pushing, but he was still a great strategist and decent fighter.

Now let's think about this...

Akainu is Absolute Justice.
    Aokiji is Lazy Justice.
    Kizaru is Scattered Justice.

Should Akainu be in charge, he would use the Marines to try to eradicate pirates EVERYWHERE. That can't be conducive nor economical. If the Marines are always aggressive and always on the attack, they would deplete themselves and their own resources.

Also, let's remember his actions through the buster call. He killed civilians when it wasn't necessary by destroying the ship. In all honesty, he's just as bad as Eustass Kidd with that attitude.

Aokiji has shown himself to be quite resourceful. His sleeping habits throw off an intellect that shows quite a lot of foresight to his actions. He found Robin on a bicycle. He showed remorse at Akainu's actions at Ohara. And he didn't try to kill Robin since she had found her nakama. But should the Strawhat Pirates become a threat to the government (more than they are now) I'm sure he'll be the one to use whatever resources are available to take them down such as a determined Smoker.

Kizaru is Scattered Justice. He's irresponsible, slow talking, and gets the job done when need be. Quite frankly, he can never truly be a leader. He's just kinda... There...

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

An old retired powerful marine Bonney was forced to use her power to make him young again.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Shojin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted Other because for some reason, I have a feeling that we may be in for a little surprise as to who the new Fleet Admiral may be. I mean this is Oda we are talking about here, who is KNOWN for being unpredictable most of the time.
    **THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT**
    Project
    and Thread (UPDATE 8/24/14)
    **THE SHIZURU KUWABARA: REIKIBUKI STYLE PROJECT**
    Go here (UPDATE 05/23/12)
    Robin: The Rokushiki Demon (first two pages are up!)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner zoobear's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the new Fleet Admiral will be Akainu. He may not be the strongest of the three Admirals, but he is definitely the smartest. Its because of him White-beard gets stabbed by Squard, and he is also responsible for killing Ace. So imo, it has to be Akainu, if it is anyone else, I would definitely be surprised.

Uzumaki Naruto-Monkey D. Luffy-Kurosaki Ichigo

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast