Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Who is the new Fleet Admiral?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aokiji

52 41.60%
  • Akainu

52 41.60%
  • Kizaru

5 4.00%
  • Other

16 12.80%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Who is the new Fleet Admiral?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is the new Fleet Admiral?

I'll say this much, moving Marineford into the NW is a clear and definite sign of aggression on behalf of the WG and Marines towards pirates. And if we are choosing from Aokiji, Kizaru, and Akainu then that type of aggressive mind set best fits Akainu.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ashura_Ichibugin's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    I'll say this much, moving Marineford into the NW is a clear and definite sign of aggression on behalf of the WG and Marines towards pirates. And if we are choosing from Aokiji, Kizaru, and Akainu then that type of aggressive mind set best fits Akainu.
    We still don't know if the decision of moving marineford belongs to the fleet admiral. Kong or Gorousei may be the ones behind it.
    Spoiler: One Piece Predictions show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ashura_Ichibugin View Post
    We still don't know if the decision of moving marineford belongs to the fleet admiral. Kong or Gorousei may be the ones behind it.
    Regardless of who had the final say as to why Marineford moved, the new Fleet Admiral would have to reflect that newly aggressive mind set. Otherwise it wouldn't make much sense to have a "passive" Fleet Admiral in such a forward position.

One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Mad Wanze's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

If there really is some JUSTICE in the marines, the new fleet Admiral should be Akainu. I mean, he really shined on Marineford, from the point of view of the "good guys". He just did everything! Kept in order the ranks punishing who wanted to flee the battlefield, tricked Squardo to stab Whitebeard (he's a good actor too!), destroyed the Moby Dick, killed Ace while he was already free to go home, wiped off half of Whitebeard face, always in the middle of the battle, crazily pursued Luffy like a mad dog, did the catering service, cleaned up the mess after the war was over, took sengoku's goat for a walk on monday, then on thursday he was already hunting Blackbeard, capturing a Supernova, bakin the cake for Kizaru's son third birthday, studying his parts as a solo guitarist for scratchman apoo's world tour! What should he do more to become Fleet Admiral??????? Aokiji froze the waves, froze the sea, froze Buggy, tried to froze Whitebeard but quitted after three seconds, then went to sleep because it was already late and the day after he had a very important golf match. With Akainu!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ipoopshootingstars's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone consdered the idea of Kong being th new Fleet Admiral?
    Yes it hurts

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MaiSiaoSiao's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ipoopshootingstars View Post
    He WAS the fleet admiral before Sengoku...Now hes World Government Commander-in-Chief.
    http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Kong

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ipoopshootingstars View Post
    If anything that would be a demotion for Kong. He was already the Fleet Admiral once and moved up on the ladder to the World Government Commander in Chief or whatever you want to call it. So i don't think he would take a lower position unless there was no one else capable of being an Admiral. But we already saw Aokiji get recommended and Akainu seems as if he would do just fine as well. So i think the possibility of Kong being the Fleet Admiral again is slim to none.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I still agree with sengoku's recommendation. Akainu did a lot during the war but IMO that was more fanaticism than anything else. He might have acted more than the other admirals going up against WB but in turn I get the impression the leader of the marines should be someone more cold headed (no pun intended). I think aokiji is more of the strategical type in contrast to akainu who is more of a hands on guy. In that sense, I think aokiji can do more good behind the big chair making the decisions and akainu can do more good hunting pirates ruthlessly. Also, akainu was actually willing to continue fighting during the war even with shanks there.... Who would keep akainu in check if he is on top of the chain of command? Akainu is not qualified to be the fleet admirals IMO.

Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

The worls is in chaos. The balance between the three powers, after Whitebeard's death, has crumbled, pirates roam the sea even more than before the war. Let's see the reaction of the possible new Fleet Admirals to these new circumstances.

Kizaru - "Pirates are scaaaaaaaaryyyy.... Working is scaaaaryyyyyyy...."

Aokiji - "What are the news? 4000 civilians killed in Kippero Island by Kaidou and Shanks allied together? umhhhh... yes. I guess i'll have a walk now. Prepare the bycicle and some cookies"

Akainu - "LET'S KILL'EM ALL AND DRINK THEIR BLOOOOOOD!!!!!"

Coby - "Me???? I wanted just to become Admiral! What decision should i take? Maybe I'll call Luffy and ask him some advice about how to stop piracy.."

Smoker - "F**k the work, I don't give a damn s**t about my work, the only thing i care about is going after Strawhats Luffy. He still didn't pay the fee for climbin up that f****ng scaffold in Logue Town."

if the marine really wants to win against pirates, the choice should be obvious

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Btw, we are all forgetting about Tsuru as new Fleet Admiral. Yes she is only a VA, but she always seemed to have a big roll in how the navy was going. Could read to much into it though

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    Btw, we are all forgetting about Tsuru as new Fleet Admiral. Yes she is only a VA, but she always seemed to have a big roll in how the navy was going. Could read to much into it though
    oh come on tell me you don't mean that what the...tsuru is like 100 years old how can she be the new fleet admiral...actually i'm positive she also retired along with garp and sengoku although this wasn't showed 'cause she really is old and her time is up for those sort of things...i'm still betting for aokiji for this position he has my full support

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    oh come on tell me you don't mean that what the...tsuru is like 100 years old how can she be the new fleet admiral...actually i'm positive she also retired along with garp and sengoku although this wasn't showed 'cause she really is old and her time is up for those sort of things...i'm still betting for aokiji for this position he has my full support
    What does her age have to do with her position? Fleet Admiral is not a position were you go out and fight. Your only sitting behind your desk giving orders. You realy think she could not do that? Shes old but not comatose.

Also I did not say I want her to be FA, I just said shes a possible candidate for the position. I'm quite sure it will be either Kizaru or Akainu, while Akainu is the more likely one. The gourusei were not pleased by Aokiji and his funny trips and irresponsibility.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    What does her age have to do with her position? Fleet Admiral is not a position were you go out and fight. Your only sitting behind your desk giving orders. You realy think she could not do that? Shes old but not comatose.

Also I did not say I want her to be FA, I just said shes a possible candidate for the position. I'm quite sure it will be either Kizaru or Akainu, while Akainu is the more likely one. The gourusei were not pleased by Aokiji and his funny trips and irresponsibility.
    yes i know that most of the time the fleet admiral doesn't have to fight just gives orders but that doesn't mean that he doesn't have to be strong....and no i'm not saying that she's not strong at all but i just can't see her to be suitable in this postion at all..and about what you said about aokiji i think he is definitely suitable 'cause he's not some sick guy for justice like akainu for example who is ready anytime to kill his own allies to achive his goal...IMO akainu is best as an admiral and definitely not as a fleet admiral...i mean if he were to be the chosen one i would pity the both sides allies and foes

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

yes i know that most of the time the fleet admiral doesn't have to fight just gives orders but that doesn't mean that he doesn't have to be strong....and no i'm not saying that she's not strong at all but i just can't see her to be suitable in this postion at all..and about what you said about aokiji i think he is definitely suitable 'cause he's not some sick guy for justice like akainu for example who is ready anytime to kill his own allies to achive his goal...IMO akainu is best as an admiral and definitely not as a fleet admiral...i mean if he were to be the chosen one i would pity the both sides allies and foes
    I'd also like it to be Aokiji, but the Gourusei didnt think good about him, and I guess Kong has to talk this over with them. Thats why I dont think it will be him.

Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

The Gourusei probably don't want someone who decides what's good or not, what pirates should be humted and what should be saved, and how the marine must behave. That's what THEY are for, and that's why they don't think too well about Aokiji. of course we pirates fan would like someone "softer", but we must consider that not all pirates crews are luffy's like. There are the murder crews, terrorist crews, and so on. So if i were a peaceful villager in one piece world, as it's showed by the joy the people had when two "not so bad" pirates like Whitebeard and Roger died, i'd prefer someone who goes all out against ANY pirate that someone who decides who's good and who isn't. Hey, police is police, they can't go and make friends with the thieves, even if the thieves are the charming ones. Right now Marine needs a very aggressive behaviour against pirates, not a chilly and relaxed one. So Akainu is more suitable for the job than Aokiji. And also, stop saying Akainu is some kind of psycho. He doesn't kill because he likes it, but because he thinks he's right (he chases so hard after Luffy because he is Dragon's son, and thinks he could be a terrible danger in the future, and the same about Ace and Whitebeard). And if he loves to do his job, can we call him a sick man? nah. He is the most similar carachter in the marines to Luffy. When he has a goal, he doesn't think too much and tries, so he is the perfect enemy for Luffy.

Strawhats vs marines leaded by Akainu = Epic Carnage!!

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast