Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who is the new Fleet Admiral?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aokiji

52 41.60%
  • Akainu

52 41.60%
  • Kizaru

5 4.00%
  • Other

16 12.80%
Thread Closed
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Who is the new Fleet Admiral?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Blue Walk's Avatar
    Country
    Panama
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is the new Fleet Admiral?

It might be out of left park, but if its for administrative purposes i was thinking why not select someone whom we've seen before but not given much thought to? Hence i'll predict that the new fleet admiral could be.....magellan.

Yes i know many arguments against this would probably be that he's not strong enough for the position or he's not a marine, but then again its Kong (and maybe gorosei) who have the final say so. Simply because Sengoku made a recommendation does not mean that Kong is required to oblige. We've seen how much of a beast Magellan is, and after many yrs. of maintaining Impel Down he was bested merely by luffy (and his "lucky" circumstances).Afterall, who hasn't? with luffy's luck even sengoku has been trounced upon, and the marines made into a mockery.

So i think Magellan could fit the role, especially as he'd like to redeem himself, allowing Hannyabal to be given the position hes dreamed of having. Magellan would want to hound down those pirates whom escaped to the new world (and then some), thus having a motive to move marine headquarters there. Plus, his bathroom issues wouldn't interfere as the position is mostly administrative.

Now i could be biased as i thought magellan was awesome, and would love if he made a reappearance in the current timeline, but i do think he'd fit quite nicely. As we've seen after the timeskip, becoming a marine isnt difficult as Sentoumaru has achieved it himself and with Magellan's resume him securing a top seat amongst the marine ranks would be smooth as diarrhea lol.

As a side note, if anything similar to this happens it would also give us readers much needed closure as magellan and luffy would surely have a rematch one day, AND it wouldn't be as one sided as before since luffy would have an ace in the hole with his new found immunity to poison (plus haki).

P.S. does anyone know if magellan has an epithet? thought it would be cool if he did. Which reminds me, how come no one has a thread about possible nicknames for ppl? i got one, "Broadaxe" Sentoumaru easy i know, but it fits no?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Magellan would be a very unexpected choice, but he seems very unlikely. While Magellan is connected to the Marines, I don't think he actually is a member of the Marines. He is just a part of the World Government security forces as jail manager. I am thinking that the new Fleet Admiral would have to be a marine and a fairly high-ranking one to get the position.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Walk View Post
    P.S. does anyone know if magellan has an epithet? thought it would be cool if he did. Which reminds me, how come no one has a thread about possible nicknames for ppl? i got one, "Broadaxe" Sentoumaru easy i know, but it fits no?
    There is such a thread: here.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Deicide's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

If I recall correctly, Sengoku suggested that Aokiji got promoted to Fleet Adrimal.
    For now, I'll say that he got promoted.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MaiSiaoSiao's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea he recommanded Aokiji.but i think its still up to the WG 5star elders

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

There is the possibility that Kong is assuming the role again.
    Why automatically assume that one of the three got a promotion ?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Aikidoka's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that it's technically been a week (no longer the newest chapter at least), I think it's safe to say our questions have been answered. Interesting to see that Akainu and Aokiji were exactly tied in the polls, too. xD
    Rest in Peace, Pwncrow. You will be missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ripmyg View Post
    PS: Urial, how did you become a mod?
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Blackmailing and whoring. It's easy.

Thread Closed
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5