Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could be any animal, what would you be?

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

If you could be any animal, what would you be?

This was inspired by a discussion I had with one of the Zarosaki magicians, The Exa. He decided that he'd like to be a starling, so behold:

Exa, the Wattled starling.

As for myself, I'm still pondering. I'll get back to you on that.

But what about yourself? What animal do you think you would most like to be?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member choucha0308's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: If you could be any animal, what would you be?

Doing nothing and be happy to do it

If it could somehow understand how to use a computer, its life would be an endless dream

vs. The World. 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Hermie's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Cat. Come when I want, leave when I want, hunt when I want, get fed and get cuddled. ^___^

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

烏, カラス Karasu, or crow .. as my nick suggests... but really i'd prefer to be a dog...

a husky to be exact... a cool husky..
    Our Bot, who art in IRC, hallowed be thy nick. Thy xdcc come, Thy send be accepted, on our script as it is in normal mIRC. Give us this day our daily manga, and forgive us our leechings. As we forgive n00bs who pestered us a lot. Do not lead us into downtime, but deliver us from Yaoi. AMEN

=D 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tamerlane's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that I would either be some sort of large cat. I just think that they are are graceful, strong, and proud animals. These are all traits that I admire....so, that could be me.

That or I would be a Dolphin....and be free to explore the oceans. ^___^

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Dragonzair's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there any doubt?

A Green Eastern Chinese Dragon. ^^
    Or, the famous Red Western Dragon everyone's familiar with.

Or...or...

A giant wolf!!!!! :O XD

Or even a green anaconda with three heads! Yeah.

"Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Tamerlane, those animals were cute!!

I'd like to be a wild wolf or snake. One that lives in a group all its life, and one that is solitary until it dies. Two completely opposite I guess lol. But the animals they eat look tasty
    Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.<br /><br />

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

You want to eat mice? o.o

XD

But yeah. I like the fact you choice them as they were always in a group. ^^ I'd like to live like that too. XD HAH. XD We're such losers. XD

NOT. XD

Groups rock!

Puella Magi 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Galth's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd be a rat. People tell me i look like one too.

But seriously, being able to sneak into any place easily, being fast enough to outrun most threats, and most of all, rats are FAR larger then mice, they even scare the cats away most of the time. ^^ ( like a human wouldnt want to take on a dog, even if he thinks he can take him =P ). Also being able to be a good swimmer, and immune to many deseases ( though they carry them... ) and being a sturdy and durable creature in all... yay!

*notices people in the room with "wtf?!" written on their faces*

...what?

Another option... would be my favourite animal, the one creature that disobeys the Evolution Theory and the laws of life in general, only found in Mexico and surroundings, a creature that mates and never leaves it's larvae state... the one and only... AXOLOTL!! (Ambystoma mexicanum)

Spoiler show

IT STILL LIVES, the species still exists because of some joke by god... that, or because they're babies of Quetzalcoatl <3

Be sure, to ever if you go to the aquarium section of a zoo check whether they have these cute lil' fella's, their way of swimming is... unusual...

front legs = waggling about uselessly
    left legs = hold still
    tail = waggle

If they encounter a wall or something, it takes them about 5 whole seconds before they decide "wait a minute, maybe i should change direction...?" -> PLONK!!

... and you thought the Giant Panda was stupid? Think again!!

www.axolotl.org <3

As expected from a Pokémon lover! -Anax

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I...

o.o

wow.

XD They're cool. ^^

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

dragonzair was either distracted or disturbed by that pic he lost his words ...

Quote Quote:
    IT STILL LIVES, the species still exists because of some joke by god
    god did some other jokes too..like platypus..
    Our Bot, who art in IRC, hallowed be thy nick. Thy xdcc come, Thy send be accepted, on our script as it is in normal mIRC. Give us this day our daily manga, and forgive us our leechings. As we forgive n00bs who pestered us a lot. Do not lead us into downtime, but deliver us from Yaoi. AMEN

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I'm female. ^^

But..I only saw the pic now. I was reacting to his post...but...gosh.

*looks at pic again*

*won't sleep tonight*

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

oops my bad...
    you know how internet works
    the females are males... the males are males.. and the 13yo boys are FBI...
    hahahaa just joking...

Schrödinger's cat 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anax's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

A very interesting thread you made GK! Food for thought for sure... so, the animal which we'd rather be huh? Well, this matter can certainly be seen from many different perspectives!
    Going back to a foggy era around 7th grade, I mostly identified myself as someone who bore a hidden, black, dragon within. That vision always made me feel good. I used to think that however small I was, should the need arise the dragon within would wake up and I'd kick butt (namely, the butts of those bullies at school).
    As I grew, did more thinking and self searching, I realized how much I loved cats! Cats, however, have always been the mortal enemies of snakes, as tigers are of dragons, and yet I liked all four! I couldn't identify with the cat because of its size and weakness compared to the tiger or panther. On the other hand I've always liked snakes, which although related to dragons are a whole different symbol, since they make up for their size with their lethal poison (those that are poisonous anyhow). In the east the Dragon's Breath is its characteristic, whereas snakes are known worldwide for their poison! Truth is though, I've seen, touched, and even protected snakes from other people, but it never felt as good as, even merely seeing a cat on the street... Tigers and dragons, to me, were mostly symbols, that I couldn't truly identify with either, as if not being able to withstand the power of the kyuubi within. I never thought of a dragon a real animal with flesh and bone, wheras the tiger has always been too strong and elegant for me.
    In the short period between that time and the present I've been exposed to different kinds of theories, philosophies, RPGs, stories, pictures (one may even add thinkforms), that I just couldn't identify with any given animal... The cat always seemed, just too weak, whereas the rest didn't feel like... family! Anyhow, that was an unstable period for me, you might say I was generally looking for myself (I still am, though in a different way), so I just couldn't pick any animal or even feel one close to me...
    Now? Here and now is a different story... There's one animal that has demonstrated great aptitude as a species, is a "copycat" of sorts (bad joke), an animal as fluid as water, adapting to any situation, in the same manner water assumes the shape of its container, an animal that seems to be ignoring the rules of nature or evolution... the human. Humans are what you make of them. They have the potential for greatness, without general restrictrions from their form like other animals. Humans have very strong and dexter fingers they can use for all sorts of things, like holding a sword, typing this message, or picking their nose... Some shamans believe that the humans can find inside of them and learn how to use the inate strengths of other animals. Personally, I think humans can observe and copy the ways of other animals and thus become anything from predators, to builders, to victims. Depending on the situation a human'
    s strength isn't measured by muscle mass alone! Sometimes it's money, sometimes it's "connections" and sometimes it truly is all about muscle... No matter what the human seems to be immitating though, I've known no other animal that seeks communication so desperately! Poems, prose, pictures, drawings, music... such a strong motivation to reach out to others! Yeah, humans aren't just that, they have other sides as well, but to me here and now, these outshine the rest by far.
    So, are the shamans right? Do I have all animals within me? I certainly don't think so. Would I want to think so to feel stronger? Perhaps... What about cats? I like them, I don't generally think of them as weak anymore, rather think that it depends on the enviroment and situation. I adore cats, I cherish the moments spent looking at one as if it were a fine woman, but I don't identify as one... Perhaps I am becoming as my horoscope suggests, perhaps I'm starting to oppose change and fear the idea of being anything else than human. Perhaps, I think of humans too highly. Perhaps, I even think I don't know other animals as well, so as to identify with them (sometimes, I think I really don't understand humans either). Which one is it? I don't know... Is it even one of the above? Hell, if I can say...

P.S.: Since posting the image of a human would go against the above (it would be too specific, limiting the nature of the human as I have it in my mind), I'll just post a pic of a cat, the animal I so, adore!

Spoiler: Weak huh? show
    ~Schrödinger's Cat

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Peregrin Falcon. Ever since i read My side of the mountain when i was like in 3rd grade i have always wanted to be the falcon that the kid raises in that. I have always wanted to fly high in the sky and be able to dive at 200 mph. It would just be so cool

New Reply
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast