Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Gin dead? And if not, do you think he's coming back?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Gin dead? And if not, do you think he's coming back?

In the last chapter, it seemed that Rangiku wast hinting of gin in such a way that it implies that he died, but doesn't directly say it. Do you think he's really dead, or that maybe he just left soul society and will return in future chapters?

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Gin dead? And if not, do you think he's coming back.

Gin is alive

no way Kubo kill a very popular character he has become. plus they way it worded seemed he walked off again. i think kira went to find rangiku found gin n healed him..now gin walked off to avoid been punished.

Gin will return when rangiku is under attack n save her life...and completing the ginxran cycle storyline

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just read the page(words and art) and over again you'll realize that gin is dead.

If gin survived, then he would need to be healed by division 4 troops. If he was then he would also have been arrested along with aizen. He wouldnt be allowed to leave.
    Last edited by conn-man; October 07, 2010 at 03:04 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the reason i believe (or hope i guess) that Gin is alive is because he's got the best sword for a surprise entrance. Fight is turning bad for a good guy, the bad guy is looming over them ready to for the killing blow and then BAM Shinsō comes right though him, with Gin half a mile away saying something sarcastic.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Drakk707's Avatar
    What's the point of telling you if you won't know where it is anyways?
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

He's not

Rangiku may have not said explicitly that he died but the way she spoke tells you that he departed and in the condition he was I don't think she meant he walked-off, he was almost dead (if not) Kira healing him? I don't think so either, he may still believe in his captain but someone as rational as him knows well that even if Gin had good reasons his crimes cannot be overlooked; besides as you can see here he couldn't even stand, if he couldn't even heal himself there's no way he would get to Soul Society first than everybody and save Gin's life...Matsumoto couldn't. Aaaaaaaandd to top it all of he had his flash-back, that's commonly a sign that a character will die. Face it people he's dead and not comming back.

P.D: If all those reason weren't enough for you to accept Gin's dead then here's one more, if he's alive Why didn't we saw him being judged as well as Aizen? He's still a criminal and like I said earlier there's no way he ran off before everyone got to Soul Society. He's dead.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by kulash05 View Post
    Well the reason i believe (or hope i guess) that Gin is alive is because he's got the best sword for a surprise entrance. Fight is turning bad for a good guy, the bad guy is looming over them ready to for the killing blow and then BAM Shinsō comes right though him, with Gin half a mile away saying something sarcastic.
    *Facepalm*
    Last edited by Drakk707; October 07, 2010 at 03:11 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Grekaosangel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What exactly did Gin do...really.

Did he kill the Central 46, no, Aizen did.
    Did he wage War against Soul Society, no, Aizen did.
    Did he steal the Hougyokou and become immortal and huge threat to the King, no Aizen did.

Gin, if he survived, was like a double agent so to speak. Except SS didn't know he was. He tried to stop Aizen, so I would think that he would be let go. Aizen on the other hand, definitely was evil and had to be punished.

Gin may be dead, but the way I see it, Rangiku really made it sound like he left without leaving anything behind for her. Not that he died. Until it's confirmed, he's not dead.

We see the deaths of those that die, Tousen, dead. Gin, unconfirmed. Besides in her monologue, we see Gin in his Captain's haori. Either he died and she's remembering him as he was, or he was healed and set free. Who knows.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gin's dead. He got the full force of an Aizen-stomp.

If he's alive, which I highly doubt, then he's probably going to come back and save Rangiku from something, with an entrance similar to what kulash said =/

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he is very much dead. He took significantly serious wounds from aizen and we saw him kinda fade away. The way rangiku refered to him is proof enough that he is dead IMO. Was gin in a position where he could have escaped in any plausible way? Not particularly, his position was actually quite the opposite. So, the possibility of him running away did not exist, his wounds were dead serious and rangiku referred to him as gone.... Yep, gin is done for.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grekaosangel View Post
    What exactly did Gin do...really.
    Cut Hiyori in half for one thing. And that's just the main clear cut Nuh-uh thing he did. There's also the fact that he pretty much let everyone fighting him fall like rats purely because he wanted the sole pleasure of taking him out alone, as well as generally hindered the opposing side in his own way that helped Aizen get as far as he did (though given everything he'd probably have gotten that far regardless so that's hardly just his fault).

Granted though the only thing he can actually be directly held accountable for is cutting Hiyori in half though, as the other bits are kinda hard to prove if we didn't see him outright say it.

That being said as few places as he sensibly has to go from here as a character, and as dumb as it is that he would either manage to walk off after getting healed or worse walk off after getting shredded like that, he's probably alive.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

He's not dead.

1. A simple slash wouldn't kill him... we've seen that Tousen had auto-regeneration
    2. We haven't seen half of what he can do (Mask, and ressureccion)
    3. No on-screen death = not dead.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gin should come back as one of Ichigo's new homeroom teachers for his school. Awesome hijinks would ensue, I'm sure Urahara wouldn't mind lending Gin a gigai

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Uh, it's not clear Gin got Hollowified. Thanks to Kubo retconning the orb, it doesn't do hollowification but rather wish granting. Tousen didn't want to be a shinigami, Gin obviously wasn't of the same mindset.

And really if Gin could but didn't Hollowify for that attack that'd be easily one of the dumbest moves yet.

That being said I agree he's probably not dead, but that reasoning isn't the best to say the least.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Alterno's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

No one dies in bleach, I don't know why you are even asking :P

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alterno View Post
    No one dies in bleach, I don't know why you are even asking :P
    Tosen blew up, pretty satisfying. And judging by the way some fans talk every week, you think Kibo went around and killed all of their mothers personally
    <hr noshade size="1">
    I"ll pose another question that the last chapter left hanging in the air for the next two weeks that's kind of similar to the Gin one. Did everyone (mainly Soifon, Hachi, and the Captain Commander) lose their arm, or did the captain commander decided to not have it healed as some kind of reminder of the battle or something? (Something to keep in mind, the 10th squad captain lost his arm, but it seemed to have been healed. But his arm was just cut off, while soifon, hachi and the CC, lost theirs in a special way that might hinder healing)
    Last edited by kulash05; October 10, 2010 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Alterno's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kulash05 View Post
    Tosen blew up, pretty satisfying. And judging by the way some fans talk every week, you think Kibo went around and killed all of their mothers personally
    Not really is just funny how Kubo don't kill his characters, in fact if you google about Bleach characters, in total we count about 8 characters including Ichigo's mother, rukia's sister and kaein, most of them are just arc characters, rarely any meaningful character.

New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast