Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 597 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Gin dead? And if not, do you think he's coming back?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Niirouge's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Gin dead? And if not, do you think he's coming back.

As much as I'd love for him to live, I honestly think he's dead...

Gin was the only thing keeping me from dropping Bleach, especially somewhere after the rescue-Orihime-arc... and now he's gone...

I'm still hoping not but I'll just wait (a while) and see
    If he does come back, a non-dramatic entrance would suit his character more in my opinion...

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Those who believe Gin is alive are fans
    Those who have buried him already don't have 100% proof that he is dead.
    Great job Kubo.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Trust me, I'm anything but a fan of Gin. Frankly I think he's been overhyped by people just because he's Aizen's right hand man which implies nothing, and his Bankai was retconned too many times until it finally became something decent fight wise (Though make no mistake it was an excellent assassin blade the last two times it's abilities were changed), and his shikai was garbage from the start. I think he's alive purely because that was no where near saying he's dead already.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's intentionally been left ambiguous. It could go either way, and probably will only be resolved when the plot/rule of cool demands it.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Right now I don't see how gin could be alive. The sword slash which killed gin was as severe or even worst than the ones that caused the defeat of ulquiorra (when ichigo first slashed him) and the one that caused starrk's defeat in the game. Above that, he lost an arm which certainly caused a lot of blood loss. It is also worth considering gin was seen entrusting everything to ichigo and kinda drifting away. Another thing worth considering is that gin has no plausible way of escaping SS grasp at that moment. He was half dead and incapable of moving on his own will. I doubt he could have forced his way away from matsumoto at that time. Then lastly there is the way in which matsumoto talked about gin. I don't think that would have made sense in the least to talk about him that way if he was among the living in any plausible way. Only way gin could actually be alive is that aizen actually faked the whole treason thing with his illusion and gin escaped then. That would be horrible though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Eprst's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

So many espadas died - so probably somebody good needs to die to balance teh forces. Plus it adds more drama to the manga. Well maybe he faked his death and he was behind Aizen??? we will see with time

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Right now I don't see how gin could be alive. The sword slash which killed gin was as severe or even worst than the ones that caused the defeat of ulquiorra (when ichigo first slashed him) and the one that caused starrk's defeat in the game. Above that, he lost an arm which certainly caused a lot of blood loss. It is also worth considering gin was seen entrusting everything to ichigo and kinda drifting away. Another thing worth considering is that gin has no plausible way of escaping SS grasp at that moment. He was half dead and incapable of moving on his own will. I doubt he could have forced his way away from matsumoto at that time. Then lastly there is the way in which matsumoto talked about gin. I don't think that would have made sense in the least to talk about him that way if he was among the living in any plausible way. Only way gin could actually be alive is that aizen actually faked the whole treason thing with his illusion and gin escaped then. That would be horrible though.
    I don't think the sword slashes should count for anything. I mean we have seen worst done to lesser characters and they walked away. Best example i can give is Momo taking the hit of three captains and she's still alive. The 10th lieutenant had everything under her right lung torn away at once, and she not only didn't die, but went on to play a tiny part in the story. She was at least well enough to walk.

Also, i think if anything this would have been the best time to escape from soul society. Everyone is injured pretty badly, and he kind of sort of became a good guy at the end, so they might have looked the other way to avoid another fight. I think it's totally unclear and can't be called one way or another.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

In the cases you mention the characters were healed though. And the only hit hinamori got was from hitsugaya if I recall. If she had taken soifon's shikai she would have died right then. Matsumoto received treatment from hinamori and kira right away. Besides, what exactly do you supposed happened with gin? How exactly would he have escaped in his condition? Even if he actually received treatment he should not be quite capable of movement.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    In the cases you mention the characters were healed though. And the only hit hinamori got was from hitsugaya if I recall. If she had taken soifon's shikai she would have died right then. Matsumoto received treatment from hinamori and kira right away. Besides, what exactly do you supposed happened with gin? How exactly would he have escaped in his condition? Even if he actually received treatment he should not be quite capable of movement.
    Honestly I don't know what has happen to Gin, which is why i started the question. But as far as healing goes, the chief healer is the 4th squad captain and she has been shown to have extreme compassion, even when it's not warranted. For example, when she first arrived in HM, she healed Chad and the arrancar he was fighting. Technically speaking, that arrancar did nothing to redeem himself for soul society. He tried to kill one of their allies, and he did warn Chad about NNorita, but the captain wouldn't have known about that. So i could see it being reasonable that she healed him and let him go.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there would be a difference between a random arrancar and gin though. not to mention gin would have had to be taken to SS for this. I really doubt that a living gin would have been allowed to escape from SS if the captains have anything to say about it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Eprst's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Gin is dead, it was neccessary to show that the path that Aizen took is only for one person. Actually he just used other people and arrancars and everything else.
    The thing was just to show that he infiltrated Aizen group as a spy. With a purpse of killing him. And he tried to do it at the best fitting moment, but failed due to such power up of Aizen.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Sadly, I think he is dead. I don't see him playing a bigger role in the story. Actually, I'll rather prefer him dead than just be another guy in the story. There are too many good guys in Bleach. I'd prefer Gin as a character he was before he revealed his true motives.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I think he may be dead but I'm open to him still being alive and having just ran off instead. Rangiku's speech was very ambiguous. There were times it sounded like he could have just ran off but there were others that seemed very "finalized" as in this is my goodbye to you type of language. But for all we know it was supposed to sound like that by Kubo just to mess with us and he could really be alive and he's going to bring him back at some point. So my final verdict is that I just can't freakin tell but I personally lead more towards being dead.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

im trying not to claim he dead..we not seen a body of even Gin dying on panel..last we saw was him saying he can die happy that ichigo has strong eyes n leave it to him...that aint last words kubo style..

i really can see him saving rangiku later from death

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Alderney
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    1. A simple slash wouldn't kill him... we've seen that Tousen had auto-regeneration
    But Gin isn't an Hollow, he wouldn't allow himself to be corrupted by Aizen because that would mean he fell to his level.

I believe he is alive and that Soul Society let him go. Yes, Central 46 would have convicted him, but take a look at the Thirteen Squads. They knew where Urahara, a convicted criminal was. What did they do? Ask him for help. Over and over. I'm still hoping for Gin to just randomly show up at school in a Gigai.

New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast