Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Gin dead? And if not, do you think he's coming back?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darth Executor's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Gin dead? And if not, do you think he's coming back.

I think he's alive and this implies he is:

http://www.mangareader.net/94-57918-...apter-423.html

If Gin left nothing behind then his body, clothes and swords are gone. Unless Shinigami evaporate upon death (and they don't, tousen's GF didn't), then he left on his own. I have no idea how, maybe the hougakyu healed him, and it'll hopefully be explained later, but I'm about 90% certain he's still alive.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    I think he's alive and this implies he is:

http://www.mangareader.net/94-57918-...apter-423.html

If Gin left nothing behind then his body, clothes and swords are gone. Unless Shinigami evaporate upon death (and they don't, tousen's GF didn't), then he left on his own. I have no idea how, maybe the hougakyu healed him, and it'll hopefully be explained later, but I'm about 90% certain he's still alive.
    Some bodies disappear and others don't, that much has been seen with arrancar for the most part. It has been mentioned shinigami do the same here though.
    http://manga.bleachexile.com/bleach-...1-page-11.html
    According to this, bodies disappear because they turn into spirit particles. I guess some bodies do that faster than others for whatever reason.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DaoneLuffy's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course he is NOT dead, they don't kill shinigami's in bleach only hollows die apparently. Even in a war when people get cut in half they seem to stay alive, which is rediculous, but a hollow can die with just one slash. No captain class can die only arrancar which is supposed to be at captains level, man kubo can piss people off.
    Last edited by DaoneLuffy; October 29, 2010 at 01:06 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Some bodies disappear and others don't, that much has been seen with arrancar for the most part. It has been mentioned shinigami do the same here though.
    http://manga.bleachexile.com/bleach-...1-page-11.html
    According to this, bodies disappear because they turn into spirit particles. I guess some bodies do that faster than others for whatever reason.
    I think it depend on the amount of reiatsu they have left when they die, ulquora evaporated when he died because he had no reiatsu left.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Crystal Black's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As a Gin fan I refuse to believe he is dead. But I also believe he isn't coming back to the SS. Wouldn't surprise me if he becomes a member of Urahara's candy shop group. Lay low there, and train or whatever, hell maybe he and Ichigo will become new sparring partners or something.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it was rather clear that he died, cause othervise he will be near Aizen in the prison. And according to Rangiku's feelings he is also dead.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    I think it was rather clear that he died, cause othervise he will be near Aizen in the prison. And according to Rangiku's feelings he is also dead.
    it is not clear.

there no proof he dead.

it like the old man yamma part when he did kido saw him wounded thats it

in Bleach villains have to be hollows to die...he was a shinigami kubo wont break his rule.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't see any rule, mentioning this.
    It was really clear that he was dead:
    1. He had a flashback.
    2. He was horribly wounded.
    3. He lost concious and Rangiku cried on his body as if he was dead and I can't see any point of crying if he will be saved.
    4. He wasn't on a proses in Central 46 where he should have been if he was alive to be sentenced along with Aizen.
    5. Rangiku was talking about Gin as if he was dead.

And with Yama... we were showed that he was alive.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

tousen..had be a hollow to die
    aizen had to turn into hollow/monster to be beaten

no shinigami that is a main character has died.

his wounds were light compared to what we seen before

rangiku just said he gone again..she used the word gone last time in her flashback when he was a kid.

he might been healed then left coz he was not 100% evil

in bleach dont belive someone dead until see a body

with yamma we saw a cracked arm that it..everyone claimed he was dead

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

They didn't have to be hollows or shinigami to die. In fact Tousen was Vaizard and Aizen was a "transendental being" that surpased shinigami or hollows. The most important is that villains die, exept Aizen and maybe Grimjow (sorry for spelling).
    We did see Gin's body and Rangiku crying over it. I'll say once more: there is no point in crying over someone that will eventually live. She was crying on his dying and then dead body.
    Of course he wasn't 100% evil, but he did more than enough to be sentenced with Aizen. He participated in killing Central 46, making ex-captains and vice captains vaizards and experimenting on countless shinigami. Also he participated in final battle to overthrow Soul Society on Aizen's side.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

If Ukitake is alive, there is possibility that Gin is alive too.

May I remind you that he -literally- got his inside's out?

Or take Rangiku, lost half of his torso, and got healed by Kiba?

Don't get me wrong I am not saying Gin is %100 alive but unless I saw it in a Databook or it is written directly manga I refuse to believe he is %100 dead either.

And BTW Tousen had his "friends" sword as a memento/token, if simply gin was dead I don't see rangiku not to take his sword as a memento, which if true, would make the monologue Rangiku have about "not leaving her anything behind" pointless.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerneas's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm 100% sure Gin is dead. There was a slight doubt before "Farewell Swords" but that chapter either showed or talked about everyone who's status was in doubt - Yamamoto, Momo, Ukitake, Aizen, Gin. Well, Kensei wasn't mentioned at all but we can assume with confidence that he's OK. The other Visoreds are alright and he's a good guy. Gin's plotline was finished with the whole poetic Rangiku thing. I don't see how you could interpret that scene any other way.

P.S. hyst, how the heck did you change your username?

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arceus View Post
    I'm 100% sure Gin is dead. There was a slight doubt before "Farewell Swords" but that chapter either showed or talked about everyone who's status was in doubt - Yamamoto, Momo, Ukitake, Aizen, Gin. Well, Kensei wasn't mentioned at all but we can assume with confidence that he's OK. The other Visoreds are alright and he's a good guy. Gin's plotline was finished with the whole poetic Rangiku thing. I don't see how you could interpret that scene any other way.

P.S. hyst, how the heck did you change your username?
    i dont think is plot is fully done..no doubt Aizen told Gin things that no else knows about RG,Sk or even his plans.
    his popularity did rise alot and one of the few love plots in bleach so cant see kubo getting rid of him and wasting the chance for Gin to return n save rangiku from been killing later on.
    he might be a character who has become a wonderer been hunted by C46 to pay for his crimes.

to change username leave a post here
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10285

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerneas's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hystzen View Post
    i dont think is plot is fully done..no doubt Aizen told Gin things that no else knows about RG,Sk or even his plans.
    his popularity did rise alot and one of the few love plots in bleach so cant see kubo getting rid of him and wasting the chance for Gin to return n save rangiku from been killing later on.
    he might be a character who has become a wonderer been hunted by C46 to pay for his crimes.

to change username leave a post here
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10285
    Wow that topic is old...I can't believe I never noticed it. Maybe I did and glossed over it or something. This wasn't my first choice name...

About Gin, the way I see it is that he was the unfortunate victim of Kubo's first rule break. The first Shinigami with a name to die outside a flashback. Nobody talks about Kubo's patterns more than me so I should know. I grew to like his character a lot but to me it would be very cheap if he came back. I knew he was gone from the time he gave Ichigo that corny "entrust" speech. And whats all this drama with Rangiku for then? She sounded as if she was saying farewell for good with her "thank you" speech. The impact of all that would be lost if he was still alive. I hope to Kubo that he doesn't bring back Ulquiorra either in some plotkai-ish way.

Kubo: "Zomg Mayuri has been working diligently in Hueco Mundo for the past 2 years and with his genius he managed to resurrect/clone Ulquiorra from a particle of his dust he found!! Not only that, Androids #17 and #18 Neliel and Grimmjow have been enhanced with cybernetic attachments and are the strongest Vasto Lordes of all time!!!"

Actually I wouldn't mind the last part. By the way, I know you hate Aizen so is the username etc sarcastic?
    Last edited by Xerneas; October 31, 2010 at 11:46 AM.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

i spent more time in Fun Forum then bleach (getting bored of people posting same thing in discussion when they been explained before) and ended up turning anti bleach bashing into a naruto bashing Aizen manipulation style..kinda liked idea so switched it.

With kubo i cant tell what he doing with some characters..with Gin is seemed rushed trying to explain his reason it seems we only scratched the surface of his past and reason..i can see kubo exploring it more.

the way rangiku talked bugged me coz why didnt she just say after you died or something not ..your gone again. to cryptic ..it like kubo testing peoples reactions so he can see if Gin should be brought back.

Gins wounds were light Aizen could have done much worse to him but arm ripped then cut and thrown thru a building is nothing in Bleach even for bad guys.

New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast