Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Is Gin dead? And if not, do you think he's coming back?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerneas's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Gin dead? And if not, do you think he's coming back.

Well don't forget Hallibel died from a slash across the stomach, or did she? He has different standards for good and bad guys. Hiyori should have died even with Hacchi's help, before Unohana arrived. I guess she still has a plotline to finish with Hikifune and such, so he should have damaged somebody expendable instead like that and killed them. The VC's that don't have potential (Iba, Omaeda etc) should have died. And I laughed at Gin's flashback. Don't hope for too much cause Kubo seemed bent on some flimsy, romantic angle that didn't pan out. At least if you're pessimistic you may be pleasantly surprised, but if not....

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.cloudmanga.com/Bleach/417/#14

Does this look like a man who could have escaped SS by his own means? IMO he died just as he entrusted everything to ichigo. There is no way he could have escaped at that point, he was too severely wounded, mutilated and the blood loss should have been no less severe. Based on the way matsumoto spoke of him, I really doubt gin is alive in any way.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

there are solid arguments for both sides.

me im just waiting to kubo to put it in bold letters or wording saying he did die
    but i got a feeling he not.

Gin is not the only one been left like this..grimmjow,harribel,starkk have been left ambigous for who knows what reason.

if he blew up or did a ulq (why do people dont think ulqurrioa is dead is beyond me he turned to dust) i say he dead

Shinigamis don't turn into nothingness when they die. Rukia dragged Kaien's dead body all the way back to the Shibas in order to tell them she killed him. Remember Renji and Rukia's Rukongai friends? They have graves, even though they're normal human souls. Also, in that -17 omake, Kira was praying to his parent's grave. Tousen is always shown in front of his dead lady friend's grave. Byakuya's flashback of his parents showed him in front of their graves.

Gin didn't explode like Tousen, so he's supposed to have a grave. The question now is why Kubo didn't show in Rangiku's flashback in 423. If Kubo really wanted to give a final feeling of death, he'd show her in front of Gin's grave (probably moping around with Kira), instead of watching Hitsugaya train. But he didn't.

also from farewell swords..KIRA is missing not mentioned..kira was part of gins plot and has healing kido he healing rangiku missing ribs n stomach.

with kubo i can see him bringing him back
    if he does i expect people to complain calling kubo a troll again who cant kill his cast off.
    Last edited by Hystzen; October 31, 2010 at 04:39 PM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think graves are an indication of anything... People don't make graves just because there are bodies, they also have a symbolic meaning and purpose even when there is not one. There are plenty of graves out there that do not have actual bodies. Seriously, if one of us had someone we know quite literally explode and have not a single remain left would we not make a grave? Seriously....

http://manga.bleachexile.com/bleach-...1-page-11.html
    That said, shinigami bodies do disappear too. That much was said here. The issue would be that not all bodies do so. Perhaps some bodies disappear immediately (like some arrancar did) and others don't (as some shinigami and arrancar have shown) upon death.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hystzen View Post
    Those who believe Gin is alive are fans
    Those who have buried him already don't have 100% proof that he is dead.
    Great job Kubo.
    I am not a fan I like redemtion caracters and even that doent classify him. Doing bad for the best out come to stop a bad guy and to protect someone. Matamotos monoalog was comfusing she didnt say dead just gone i think. I think kubo is going to use gin as a story plot but we have to wait for a for information.
    all spelling mistakes are copyrighted to mars0103

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Gin dead? And if not, do you think he's coming back?

gin has to be dead. i have been having trouble admitting this myself, but i really think he's dead. ridiculous that inoue wasn't able to heal him when she could ichigo at the time ulquiorra punched a fatal hole on his chest. unfair! it's the sad fate of "other" characters unlike the main heroes who are privileged to have an "unkillable" status.

It would've been awesome if he joins the exiled gang of Urahara instead of dying, damn it.

i don't think Gin chose to be hollowified. gin's not the type to go power-hungry like tousen. and yes, if he did get hollowified it would be illogical for him to not use it when he needs all the tricks he can muster to defeat Aizen. gin should know to use this to his advantage.

when rangiku said the line"...that's what i always lovED(past tense) about you." it gave me the impression that gin really has died. if not, she would've thought "Where have you gone to again, Gin?" like she always does every time Gin indefinitely disappears. Also, if Gin was alive, i don't think yamamoto would chill around not knowing his whereabouts nor will Central 46 allow him to go unpunished.

Gin's goal was to take back what Rangiku lost and take revenge against Aizen - even if it meant his death. It was his only purpose for living no matter how unfortunate it was that he failed to do so himself. I guess when this purpose ended, he had to go "bye-bye", too. (TT_TT)

THEN AGAIN, IF TITE KUBO COULD PROVE THIS SPECULATION OTHERWISE(and I'm hoping he would), I WOULD GLADLY JUMP FOR JOY!!! (^_^)

Quote Originally Posted by mars0103 View Post
    I am not a fan I like redemtion caracters and even that doent classify him. Doing bad for the best out come to stop a bad guy and to protect someone. Matamotos monoalog was comfusing she didnt say dead just gone i think. I think kubo is going to use gin as a story plot but we have to wait for a for information.
    Gin as a story plot would be cool!!! and yeah, i would love to see him redeem himself. Tite Kubo should give him a chance!!! the guy's amazingly popular, dammit. haha
    Last edited by chicamala29; April 03, 2011 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think and aizen are both coming back through flashbacks. There are plenty of story elements where they could and should have had a part with, specially when it comes to things about urahara and the king. It'd be interesting if we see aizen's bankai through flashbacks.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member kamakazi_1996's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

it depends if he got healed or not by squad 4 (dont say they couldn't save him because hyori was practically cut in half and she still lived) but i dont know if he died while ichigo was pwning aizen or if squad 4 couldnt make it on time

i dont know if gin has hollowfication or not if he does than he could regen like tousin and he probably ran away from the soul society because he was an accomplice of aizen and would have been executed or imprisoned.

i can imagine him returning because i never really saw that much out of him, i hope he lives, he might even be hiding in the real world inside one of urahara's gigai
    "This is a weird feeling... You, who once asked me why I distanced myself from you, have now gone and distanced yourself from me. Should I do the questioning this time? Just now, why did you distance yourself from me?" -ichigo kurosaki

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I think and aizen are both coming back through flashbacks. There are plenty of story elements where they could and should have had a part with, specially when it comes to things about urahara and the king. It'd be interesting if we see aizen's bankai through flashbacks.
    Unfortunately I think he (Aizen) is coming back for real. I like the flashback idea but if Kubo was going to do that he SHOULD have killed him. He's the only out-and-out villain in the entire series thats been left alive so there's a reason for that. If I was Kubo I would save him for a confrontation with Royal Guard (where he would finally use his Ban Kai) and then have the Soul King kill him. The Hogyoku has proven indestructible so far so Kubo could use its annihilation to show how godly SK really is.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Serenade View Post
    Unfortunately I think he (Aizen) is coming back for real. I like the flashback idea but if Kubo was going to do that he SHOULD have killed him. He's the only out-and-out villain in the entire series thats been left alive so there's a reason for that. If I was Kubo I would save him for a confrontation with Royal Guard (where he would finally use his Ban Kai) and then have the Soul King kill him. The Hogyoku has proven indestructible so far so Kubo could use its annihilation to show how godly SK really is.
    SK uses power to fully crush Aizen then Aizen been destroyed or maybe disintegrating like ulq did with some cheesy flashback how was always alone and never had trust ...sounds like Kubo's death style.

on topic..i m open to Gins "death" it seems like one of kubos cheap deaths (harribel comes to mind too) but the wording with the rangiku monologue seemed vague...

one thing that annoys me about kubo WTH cant he just confirm deaths instead leaving them so open.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Serenade View Post
    It would be strange though. For such a thing to happen aizen would have to forcefully release himself or be released by soul society. Neither scenario is very likely for the most part. I guess external help is feasable but I can't imagine the deepest prison in SS being easily accessible. I imagine it sort of as an impel down but 10 times worst by shinigami standards. If the orb is still a part of him then it should be possible for aizen to use it to gain his powers back though. I guess it depends on how the orb was dealt with by soul society. What scenario could bring on any of the situations I described though?

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

He won't release himself. Ichigo and his Nakama will break him out. SS Arc 2. Mark my words. We saw him being sympathetic towards Aizen at the end there when he got beat. Then Kubo dressed Aizen in black, as opposed to white, which is part of a strong theme that has been running all the way through the manga. I feel he's already gearing up for it even now, because Ichigo is being discussed back in SS with serious tones. It will be something like Ichigo sees the Soul King somehow and realizes Aizen was right even though he was still evil.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Knowing Kubo, Gin isn't dead. He will happen to be wandering somewhere in hell, and will appear when the editor demands it.

"Hello Ichigo. I have been waiting for you".

Prepare to get Kubo-trolled.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

But how would have gin survived and escape though? Matsumoto was in no condition to carry him away and there really was no one there to do such a thing. Gin certainly could no have run off on his own either. Basically it comes down to whether there was someone who could have possibly saved gin, which I doubt.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    But how would have gin survived and escape though? Matsumoto was in no condition to carry him away and there really was no one there to do such a thing. Gin certainly could no have run off on his own either. Basically it comes down to whether there was someone who could have possibly saved gin, which I doubt.
    kubo could

A) claim kira appeared in time to save him

b) Masmumoto magically gained healing kido

c) Hantaro

D) introduce a new character who saved him

dont count out a kubo twist

New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast