Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Is Gin dead? And if not, do you think he's coming back?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member deadsuit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Gin dead? And if not, do you think he's coming back?

I think he is most likely dead, but i hope not. He was probably my favorite captain or one of them. Along w Aizen, Kenpachi and Mayuri.
    Kensei is now one of my favs since he became a captain again

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Seconded!
    And who cares about plot enhancement? I don't. If there is a microscopic chance to bring back an ultra-cool character, you go for it. That's simple!

Make him come back as a hero.
    Make him come back as a ghost, some sort of hollow, other kind of spiritual being, etc., etc.
    Just bring him back Kubo!
    Thirded!

Well, I really think he's dead. I absolutely believe that he is. And I don't think the one that has sneaked on Opie and Urahara is Gin.

But.

If Kubo can bring him back, I don't care if it's a plot hole, or if it's just for fanservice (because he's a fan fav), or if people who seek logic in Bleach complain. Because Gin is in my top 3 fav characters and I would welcome him with open arms and tears in eyes. /the end

ex oriente lux

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bromamura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope he's the one who attacked Kirge. I hope I hope.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    I hope he's the one who attacked Kirge. I hope I hope.
    Well, in a way, that would make sense, as Urahara would be really, really surprised to see Gin alive.
    In some other way, that would make even more sense, as Kirge was probably attacked from distance and we all know few Zanpakutos could ever come close to that kind of speed to go from cutting Kirge back to pointing at Urahara.
    So, at the very least, for him to be the rescuer would make sense.

As for his survival..
    What if he received sort of Urahara's punishment? After Yoruichi saved Urahara and Tessai from the court, they were sort of ignored. Urahara was, at that point, still considered responsible of Hollowfication case, but no SS resident went after him. They were banished from SS, I guess.
    So, for Gin to receive such similar punishment (actually, although introduced as a villain, Gin killed fewer people than perhaps any other and none within the main story, so, he's likely to be receiving a much more lenient action compared to Aizen at any case) and go on to take Hueco Mundo as a new home, it's at least a debatable prediction, right?

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member liductan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What purpose would he have for coming back? How would his coming back further the plot? Those are the answers I am interested in, while it would be nice to see him But I don't see him being welcome back with open arms.
    I have a black-belt in sarcasm, a degree in smartass and experienced in Bitch. Yep, I am damn ninja..

---you have been warned..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Seconded!
    And who cares about plot enhancement? I don't. If there is a microscopic chance to bring back an ultra-cool character, you go for it. That's simple!
    Eh, I like Gin, but Bleach is actually better than Naruto right now for the first time in years, the last thing Kubo needs to do right now is start copying Kishi by bringing back dead characters Bleach was a lot more fun when Gin was pretending to be the main villain, but there isn't really a place for him in the story anymore.

He hates Aizen, so he can't come back into the story with a plot to free his master. (Which would be a pretty cool way for tousen to come back even though I dislike his character)
    He cut Hiyori in half, so I doubt the Vizards would welcome him into their group.
    He wouldn't join up with the Sternritter because they want to kill shinigami which puts Rangiku in danger.
    And he can't even go back to SS because even though he was only with Aizen to try and kill him, he still spent 100+ years committing crimes against SS at Aizen's side.
    Gin could possibly join up with Urahara's group, but that feels like a stretch to me.

Even if Gin did come back, would he really stand a chance against the Sternritter? His Bankai is pretty hax, but his Shikai isn't, and he would stand even less of a chance against his Bankai then Byakuya did against his own. If Gin comes back, I want him to kick some ass, but I don't know that that would be very realistic against these new anti-Bankai quincy. Gin is cool, I don't want to see him die again, so I would prefer that he stay out of the story for now, for his own safety. If he comes back now I feel like he will just get Orochimaro'd.

I think the best case scenario is for chibi Gin to appear when Kubo does another Turn Back the Pendulum arc. I'm fine with remembering Gin as the bad ass that only lost to Butterflaizen until that time

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tonix View Post
    Eh, I like Gin, but Bleach is actually better than Naruto right now for the first time in years, the last thing Kubo needs to do right now is start copying Kishi by bringing back dead characters Bleach was a lot more fun when Gin was pretending to be the main villain, but there isn't really a place for him in the story anymore.

He hates Aizen, so he can't come back into the story with a plot to free his master. (Which would be a pretty cool way for tousen to come back even though I dislike his character)
    He cut Hiyori in half, so I doubt the Vizards would welcome him into their group.
    He wouldn't join up with the Sternritter because they want to kill shinigami which puts Rangiku in danger.
    And he can't even go back to SS because even though he was only with Aizen to try and kill him, he still spent 100+ years committing crimes against SS at Aizen's side.
    Gin could possibly join up with Urahara's group, but that feels like a stretch to me.

Even if Gin did come back, would he really stand a chance against the Sternritter? His Bankai is pretty hax, but his Shikai isn't, and he would stand even less of a chance against his Bankai then Byakuya did against his own. If Gin comes back, I want him to kick some ass, but I don't know that that would be very realistic against these new anti-Bankai quincy. Gin is cool, I don't want to see him die again, so I would prefer that he stay out of the story for now, for his own safety. If he comes back now I feel like he will just get Orochimaro'd.

I think the best case scenario is for chibi Gin to appear when Kubo does another Turn Back the Pendulum arc. I'm fine with remembering Gin as the bad ass that only lost to Butterflaizen until that time
    How can his Bankai ever be stolen? He went Bankai only after he stabbed Aizen through his chest. So, I can't see enough time to steal his Bankai, unless someone can do it while being poisoned also. Even so, the one that got stabbed is done at every case, provided, of course, Gin lands the hit and goes Bankai.
    Yet, even if they steal Gin's Bankai, wasn't his Bankai dissolving itself and spreading its poison? So, in theory, Gin hits right through a Sternritter's body, goes Bankai, then, assuming the Sternritter steals it somehow and finds a way (I don't know if it's possible for a human to survive that Bankai) to live, now what does it mean? What did it steal? He couldn't have stolen the whole sword as we saw in Byakuya's case. They can steal only and only Bankai's power.
    I'm assuming that the medallion then would have got a small crack of a sword, which is pretty much useless on its own. So, from my point of view, not only Gin can stand a chance against a Sternritter, but also he would be a very dangerous opponent for most with his Bankai. The sole thing is he needs to be fast enough to pinpoint the opponent with only his Shikai.
    We can't say yes or no to this possibility, in my opinion, as we're yet to see the real quickness of Sternritter.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, the creepy part of Gin is his speed and lack of "presence" (knowing he's going to attack). As we saw, speed is dangerous to SR because they must keep defending. I doubt Gin's bankai would do that well against Blut (not that it wouldn't pierce, but it'd take some non-zero time; Gin's bankai isn't focused on strength but on speed), and shikai even more so. However, the SR wouldn't be able to do anything because of that speed - the moment an SR goes on the attack, he gets stabbed. A similar thing to Ichi's bankai, I guess (just that Gin's shikai is already extremely fast).
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6