Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
Thread Closed

Thread: Why didn't Ao examine Madara during the 5-kage meeting?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why didn't Ao examine Madara during the 5-kage meeting?

Remember how Ao used the byakugan on Danzou and found that he has a sharingan and saw the specific areas with different chakra (Shisui's).

I remember him saying that he recognizes it because he fought Shisui...but it was clear that he could determine that there were two different chakras in Danzou. And later we found out that Danzou has 3 types of chakra (his own, shisui, hashirama)

Now my question: Did he even examine Madara when he warped in during the meeting (and saved Sasuke from acid death)?

If we apply the same principles of Kakashi's sharingan, then Ao's byakugan must be active all the time and he should have seen that Madara has at least two different chakras....his own and Hashirama's.....(or, at the very least, that he's a big pile of zetsu goo ). Like I pointed out, he should have seen a little Hashirama goodness inside Danzou's arm too....and seeing madara, he should have noticed that it's the same type of chakra.

In any case, I think Ao should have seen something about Madara, Zetsu, or either's techniques. If not, he needs to be more on his toes with that....otherwise I wish that Danzou and Co did steal that eye back!

Any thoughts, or is Ao useless? I mean really, he didn't even notice all the zetsu spores on everyone in that meeting....kinda pathetic right? he was all braggin about figuring out the 4 mizukage was being controlled and then he blows it.
    Last edited by dilated_junkie; October 08, 2010 at 08:33 PM. Reason: added some awesomeness

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why didn't Ao examine Madara during the 5-kage meeting?

it looks like Ao can deactivate his Byakugan. We saw him activate it and deactivate it. Plus, when Tobi appeared, there was no veins, if I recall. Veins indicate Byakugan being active. Maybe Ao couldn't use Byakugan rapidly in a row. He may also not have thought Tobi would have had another chakra source and was actually Madara.

3. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Because Ao wasn't there and he was committed in tracking down another traitorous bastard that's why...and we can't apply the same principles as with Kakashi's sharingan....Ao can activate/deactivate his Byakugan

5. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Because Ao wasn't there and he was committed in tracking down another traitorous bastard that's why...and we can't apply the same principles as with Kakashi's sharingan....Ao can activate/deactivate his Byakugan
    Good call, I forgot that he left to chase down danzou before Madara arrived. That pretty much negates my topic all together . Good memory dude!

Hiking_Bear brings up a great point that Ao could see past the seal on Danzou's arm.....so why didn't any Hyuuga figure out something with Danzou for all those years that he had the Sharingan and arm thing. I wonder if Danzou's seal only controlled the Hashirama portion of it....because he was worried that it would take over his cells....maybe the seal didn't "hide" the Sharingans only Hashirama's chakra.

I would also agree that Hinata would be able to do anything that Ao can do...i believe in the past she's been able to determine different chakra types with the byakugan.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Tahl's Avatar
    Country
    Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Who says he didn't?

Every ninja there was sizing Madara up, it's not like they held a get together to point out who noticed what afterwards.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Possibly he does know it, but it wasn't shown to us readers yet. Because if he simply had said it in a manga panel, several surprises wouldn't have existed in the later storyline.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Murdock's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

wasn't Ao chasingDanzo at the time madara showed up?

10. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread has been locked, because the answer to the question is pretty obvious since Ao wasn't at the scene when Madara arrived.

PS:also the posts containing explicit information and discussion about Hyuuga/Byakugan in general, Hinata, or Ao were moved to Any hope for byakugan? thread. Please continue the discussion there.
    Last edited by benelori; October 12, 2010 at 10:37 AM.

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed