Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: What will we see in post-training Hitsugaya?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Change in physical appearance

2 9.52%
  • Change in bankai appearance

10 47.62%
  • Greater control over current abilities

15 71.43%
  • Completely new abilities

8 38.10%
  • More battle hardened mindset

7 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hitsugaya's bankai training?

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hitsugaya's bankai training?

Well Kubo has made it official that Hitsugaya's in training mode. I think this is the first time in the manga, where we see a current Captain training with their powers.

So any thoughts of how Hitsugaya's power or maybe appearance will change next time he steps up for battle?

Will he have new abilities? A different looking bankai? Longer hair? Taller? lol

What do people think?
    Last edited by Waking_Dreamer; January 16, 2011 at 05:49 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hitsugaya's bankai training?

If he learns to start shattering people after freezing them more he'd probably get much farther along than he's been going.

That being said he has virtually all the techniques he could possibly need at this point. He just needs to learn to start using them more wisely, fluidly, and consecutively. Gain better control with Tenso Jurrin and all that jazz and he's set. Perhaps buildup power output so his shikai is more viable or something. For a non-upper teir captain he's hardly lacking in most areas, considering he preformed better against one of the top three than most could claim with the lower ones, lucky type matchup or not.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think what hitsugaya's current training is something he hasn't always done. At most he now understands he needs more training and is motivated to do so.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jackk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But Hitsugaya has fan service on his side!

He will definitely get much stronger. We'll see that on his next major fight.

We do know that he does have a lot of potential too, so yeah...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member warriorofvirtue's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i agree with random and kkck. He essentially shouldn't have any new abilities because at the end of the day he's still just freezing people so thats that but he should start shattering because its obvious that people are going to start shattering out of his ice more and more in the manga. Maybe he can do something like Iceman from the X-Men where he can freeze someones bodily fluids inside of them taking them out of the fight. Or maybe create ice clones that actually fight with him by thawing and unthawing them at a fast pace.
    Rigardo The Silver Eyed Lion King!!!!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he will obviously get more control over his abilities and also he will be a bit more powerful in terms of reiatsu and will power up his attacks.
    Maybe he will get some new attacks, but I won't bet on this.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

no petals at the back doing the pointless countdown.

either way his fanbase keeps him going even with strong power i still see something like this

Histu- il kill you Aizen im stronger
    Aizen- i hate sexy times with momo
    histu- argggggggggggggggggggggggg

pwned.

unless he grows up no matter the power just saying something bout momo he get pwned for been a hot head. he messed up during the FKT fight and caused everyone to get pwned...if he doesnt learn from that it ...not strength he lacked it was his temper that got everyone ko`ed

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jackk View Post
    But Hitsugaya has fan service on his side!

He will definitely get much stronger. We'll see that on his next major fight.

We do know that he does have a lot of potential too, so yeah...
    Totally agree. The fan service is strong with this one.

Anyway, there would be no point in Kubo showing Hitsugaya's training if he wasn't going to show us some tangible results. It's already been said that his bankai is incomplete, so he's got the potential to grow a lot -- not just refine the abilities he already has. I think we're going to see a significant improvement in strength and/or control plus possibly a new technique.
    Last edited by igotthegoods; October 10, 2010 at 08:48 PM.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by igotthegoods View Post
    Totally agree. The fan service is strong with this one.

Anyway, there would be no point in Kubo showing Hitsugaya's training if he wasn't going to show us some tangible results. It's already been said that his bankai is incomplete, so he's got the potential to grow a lot -- not just refine the abilities he already has. I think we're going to see a significant improvement in strength and/or control plus possibly a new technique.
    Well Ive posted this somewhere else before, but if Hitsu manages to unleash his near full power and AOE without having to worry about nearby allies due to better control.

He could open up a battle like this:

[IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb57/Jonas64/Kilrik.jpg[/IMG]

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Omiem's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What would be really cool is if Hitsugaya's Tenso Jurin can literally manipulate the weather like cause lightning storms or tornadoes. His zanpakuto is ice type of course, so the idea may be a little bit far fetch. One thing I can see though is if he can master Tenso Jurin to make it summon rain, and use the rain drops as ice projectiles or something of that nature. I can see that as a very overwhelming and effective attack if done correctly.
    Last edited by Omiem; October 10, 2010 at 10:12 PM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Hitsu's probably going to get another absurd technique. First we had the bleeding ice clone, and then we had the supposedly unbeatable ice prison thing. Who knows what's next.

Instead of having growth with Hitsu, who's already plenty strong and PoF (powered by fanservice), I wanna see the growth of characters like Chad. Chad was badass before he had his encounter with Shinsui...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member daman246's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

doesnt matter how strong hitsu gets theres still gonna be 5other captains way strogner than him byakuya,kenpachi,yamma,unahana,kyouraku
    so really i dont care about hitsu his just a little immature captain who doesnt know his place

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Omiem's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally don't think Hitsugaya will be the only one trying to get stronger. Other captains are gonna improve as well because I think they need to keep up with the rising power levels of Bleach. Reason I say this is because Ichigo made the captains seem so weak after what he did to Aizen. Though Ichigo did lose his powers, I think the captains still need to get stronger because the next arc will probably reveal enemies that are even more powerful than the Espadas.
    Last edited by Omiem; October 10, 2010 at 11:36 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice thread, I was thinking about this after the last chapter. I voted for everything I think he'll be faster, stronger and more fluid technique time, no more delay. A change in bankai appearance could happen to, something more streamline maybe. Maybe even longer hair and more mature looking depending on how much time passes.

In a long term prediction I say he's set up to be the next CC. If he could get to the point of creating as just as much ice as yama does fire he could easily take the title.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity DARK's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hitsugaya is pissed at himself for being so "weak." Not only did he fail in killing Aizen, but Aizen made a complete fool of everything and everyone that he stood for by allowing Hitsugaya to stab Hinamori. Hitsugaya let his emotions get in the way of protocol; the result of his rash immaturity and persistence.

Regardless, Hitsugaya is still very inexperienced. Even though he has managed to achieve Bankai and learn many of its techniques at such a young age, Hitsugaya still has little control over them.

There's not too much that I can cover as to the justification for Hitsugaya choosing to isolate himself from others and train on his own. Hitsugaya felt like a failure and for this reason is pushing himself beyond his limits. He was willing to throw away his title as Captain just to win over Aizen's head. Hitsugaya clearly does not show the demeanor or maturity level to lead his squad... yet.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast