Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Thread Closed
Page 102 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2003

Thread: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

Quote Originally Posted by Jdapenao View Post
    But Kinemon already asked the kids if they have met a "Child", a "Boy", is pretty clear that he is a human just by that, if it was an object, a dragon, etc, why ask the kids then? Why not directly to the underlings, or Law itself? We know for a fact there are more kids in the facilities, just that maybe they were separated regarding the types of experiments they are doing to them (that could be another possibility), or just in the order they came as not to separate groups to keep the children more comfortable and avoid problems (everyone saw that they acted as they cared about this children's, even if they not).

I like Kinemon, heck!! I even like Monet a lot (It reminds me a lot to Nico when they first met her), there has been a lot of interesting characters in this arc. If Kinemon doesn't join he is going to be an important part in the future to enter Wano (I really want them to the SH to go there), maybe he is just going to be a temporary SH while going there and I don't see a problem in that.
    Child refers to age and boy to gender. Still could be an object (May I remind you that captains usually name their ships as girls, for example)

I'm not saying it is an object, I personally believe it's an actual human kid, but I'm saying that you shouldn't discard opinions JUST because you don't see how it's possible.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

BTW, Should I make a new poll? This one is old and already has 100 votes.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Mugiwaras are not searching for a new nakama nowdays. It is a different time than when they needed a cocker or someone who could repare the ship. Of course they are open to have a new nakama; they aren't thinking: "we are complete now, nobody elase will be recruited again". Bu now (ch 678) it is not an objective. It is possible to have kinemon or Law or even Monet navigating with them for strategical purposes. But if none ot them join, Mugis will be ok anyway.
    i think oda will give us some clue that the strawhats are finished picking up crew members. the thing is i cant see oda waiting to long to have another crewmember join. i think jinbe is a lock to join, and since he was a big part of the last few years, he doesnt need more character development to join.

the only 2 people i see joining at this point, are kinemon and sabo. Sabo because we already have back story on him, a dream, and he loves his lil bro. dont know if he would follow luffy, but i guess we ill see.

kinemon is with the strawhats this arc, and he will be with them next arc on wano, so he is going to get major development. I cant see oda playing the royalty bit again, like he did with vivi. No one saw vivi not joining coming, and if she wasnt royalty she would have joined. cant see oda giving kinemon so much development this arc, then next arc on wano(at least i think its headed to wano next arc) and not have him join

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Well, since Jinbei is gone at least for now, it might be interesting to change the question so that people can vote on the current candidates.
    According to the current discussion, some people think that either Kinemon or the Dragon might join the strawhats (or both).
    Some people even suggested that Smoker might join (very unlikely, IMO).

I guess the one that is the most debated right now is Kinemon, so maybe the question could be :
    Will Kinemon join the StrawHats?

With the following choices:
    - He will join and stay with them
    - He will join for a while, but will eventually leave*
    - He will not join them

*Like Vivi did, basically

That's my suggestion, anyway...
    Maybe the other members will have better ideas for a question.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 678 Discussion / 679 Predictions

The only reason that Kinemon would join the crew is if he would gain a bounty, thus forcing him to leave in order to protect his son. However , considering they are on a supposedly abandoned island up against outlaws like Caesar , it would be highly unlikely

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

i really dont see point debating will any character from current arc will join SH since next movie is hapening in new world and punk hazard is start of the new world movie should chronogically hapens after this arc. and by the information no new strawhats feature in the movie i think that everything is prety much self explanatory
    Sorry for my Engrish...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Movies are fillers even if they feature canon characters, so your movie argument is wrong. Of course there will be no official new Nakama in the movie, that would be an idiotic move considering that not every fan/reader will go to theater anyway.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

basicly you are saying that movie feature canon characters, canon seting and canon timeline but it should not be considered relevant reference? how does that make any sense?
    Sorry for my Engrish...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Since the movies and the manga can live their existence separately ( ie the manga will never refer to something happening in the movie ) there is no point in considering them canon

Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

i think that most of you interpret term canon to suit your argument... something dont need to be related to overal storyline to be considered canon.. its same thing to say that star trek movies arent canon. nonsense
    Sorry for my Engrish...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

kinemon is a lock to be a strawhat......oda is showing him too much love for him not to be

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zoronoa Roro View Post
    i think that most of you interpret term canon to suit your argument... something dont need to be related to overal storyline to be considered canon.. its same thing to say that star trek movies arent canon. nonsense
    And what does it mean then ? If it's not related to the plotline then how can you use it as an argument based on the plotline ?!?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zoronoa Roro View Post
    For something to be cannon it has to be a part of the actual manga. Movies are usually not cannon because not only they are not part of the manga but they also can't even be properly placed in them. Only way for a movie to be cannon is that we have factual evidence that the movie took place at a specific point in the manga with the author confirming the validity of said movie which as far as I know is not the case. Movies and the anime aren't even usually made by the mangaka and in most cases there is actual non-involvement on their part. In most cases the most involvement there is on the mangaka's part in movies is character design and even that is a lot.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Child refers to age and boy to gender. Still could be an object (May I remind you that captains usually name their ships as girls, for example)

I'm not saying it is an object, I personally believe it's an actual human kid, but I'm saying that you shouldn't discard opinions JUST because you don't see how it's possible.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

I know, but is not only that, but also Kinemon asking the kidnapped kids about his son, I'm just saying is the most plausible. I'm not forcing anyone to believe it though...
    Chapter 329, page 18..................

Just EPIC

Der blaue Denker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Kinemon is an ally, so far ... Of course he has a possibility to join, but why do people doubt a new nakama more now than previously? I think it has to do with Jinbe not joining in the FT arc, he was shown as a SH members throughout the arc, just as Kinemon is being pushed by Oda now. He is the most obvious choice when it comes to someone joining from this arc. Brownbeard may also be the pick but he is not as close to them, again for now ... this arc is developing at an interesting pace, so maybe another 10 chapters is when we will have more hints or bits, flashbacks ect. to what we can expect for a new nakama form this arc.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Poll made anyway.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.