Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Thread Closed
Page 125 of 134 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2003

Thread: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

As long as Rebecca looks so similar to Nami she has no chance of joining to be honest, such similar characters in the looks department would feel weird for their whole appearance of every character having a destinctive look. While Sanji and Zoro may have a very similar face, the hair, beard, scar and eyes let them look different.

I would really like for someone being capable to challenge the Monster Trio to join. Mon Cheri eats the fruits and becoming a fire fly.
    Last edited by Schabrak; September 09, 2013 at 07:07 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe there's a plot relevance to why Rebecca looks like Nami. Give it time.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I get it, those are all ideas, I'm just making an argument, which you really havent given an answer to. Could you rather argue against what I wrote instead of just saying "no it could be important somehow"? Did you read what I was pointing out, it's about composition, marketing etc. and has little to do with the plot.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Deus Machina's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    Don't write Rebecca off as a bland character yet. Bartolomeo developed in a way we didn't expect, so maybe there's more to Rebecca's character. As for Violet, the SH already have an assassin in Robin, though having someone to dance to Brook's music would be an interesting addition (I was kind of hoping Bon Clay would join the Straw Hats for that reason). As for Wicca, why would the SH want a gnome?
    How long did it take Oda take to show us the characteristics individual SH? Each and everyone of the SH had their behaviors demonstrated earlier on.

Luffy's adventure driven spirit, Zoro cool guy attitude, Sanji chivarly driven persona, Usopp's cowardice, Nami's vivaciousness, Franky's brassness, Chopper's shy-cute persona, Robin classy hostile introvecy, Brooke's joliness and though he hasn't feautured Jimbe comes of as centered and in control.

Throughout Rebecca's panels one thing has been clear to me she is a mirror replica of Vivi. Her story might vary a little but the overall outcome is the same. Vivi was weak, naive and annoying. Her naivety in Alabastra where she wanted to win without sacrificing lives is the same as Rebecca who wants to get the Mera Mera no Mi and prance like a fool to challenge a Shichibukai who has mastery of his own fruit, haki and a strong family to back him up. Did the world not get to see the MF war? If I remember correctly DD was not a pushover.

As she has stated in Chapter 720 her best fighting attribute is her speed. The slowest SH in no particular order are Franky (Walking), Monster Chopper and Nami. However they all compensate with their fighting capabilities. Were she to join where would she fit? The NW is going to be tougher than Grand line and she would only slow them down. It would beat the purpose to have a 2yr TS to get stronger only to recruit a weaker member.

Her only major strong points so far are the enormous cow tits she has and her resemblance to Nami and Shirahoshi; the latter who was annoying with her soft spoken, I'm to weak, cry baby personality.

She has a high possibility of getting the Mera Mera but I do pray she doesn't or join SH for that matter. She could never live up to its potential. There are more deserving characters out there;

I would rather Burgess get the fruit so we can have a nice battle between Sanji and him than let Rebecca have it for the sole purpose of joining the crew.

Yes, I know Robin and Violet are both assassins. However, the point I was trying to get across was that her background as a dancer would do well to help liven the mood should she join. Her assassin background serves to prove that she is a capable fighter.

Bartolomeow had already been a favourite to join SH before this chapter. Oda had already dropped hints that there had been more to his character during his conversation with Cavendish. This is what had lead people to believe that he might have been Sabo.

The dwarf has shown that she is fast, strong, smart and her size offers an advantage when facing of against an enemy. Those would be some of the few reasons to want a dwarf.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Rebecca's chances for joining the Straw Hats just keep growing. So far, she meets one criteria as she lost her mother. And I think we're about to see how badass she can be. All that's left is to reveal if she has a dream.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Toy soldier or Rebecca. Or both. Hard to say, because someone needs to be there to govern the country, Maybe Ricky will assume his old position as king.
    Hey, Ace! Sabo's alive man! just thought you deserved to know.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How do we know there'll be a country left to govern? Thunder Soldier said that destroying the SMILEs factory would lead to the collapse of Dressrosa. Besides, I doubt that Oda would use the same plotline as Arabasta. Furthermore, if I'm right, unlike Vivi, Rebecca is powerful enough to keep up with the Straw Hats.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

How do we know there'll be a country left to govern? Thunder Soldier said that destroying the SMILEs factory would lead to the collapse of Dressrosa. Besides, I doubt that Oda would use the same plotline as Arabasta. Furthermore, if I'm right, unlike Vivi, Rebecca is powerful enough to keep up with the Straw Hats.
    But the Island will still be there, and I doubt that it will be an Island of anarchy without any form of leadership. But that is also why one of the options I wrote was for both the Toy soldier and Becca to join (though I want Barto bro but I dont think that's going to happen ) but the Toy soldier has grown on me and It would be cool if he joined. Three are 4 possible candidates this arc, a dwarf, Rebecca, Barto bro and the Toy soldier.
    Last edited by TheLuffySmile; September 11, 2013 at 06:02 AM.
    Hey, Ace! Sabo's alive man! just thought you deserved to know.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

screw another regular humon to join, dwarfes ftw

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Obviously financial collapse as those weapons sold through the underground were paying for the citizens happiness. The whole capital did burn and nothing happened, so I'm not sure how you came to your conclusion.

And if you are wrong, she is not powerful to join them, that's not an argument. They would need a strong leadership, her getting the fire fruit would mean they have a fearsome power for defense, while it's working to sustainable by itself without Doffys dark money.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

we want a dwarf with the mera mera

http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/711/13

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

If a dwarf eats it, he won't be able to stay on the island, being a danger to the jungle of the Tontatta Kingdom and has to join the crew. Maybe, epitaph:Firefly.
    Last edited by Schabrak; September 12, 2013 at 04:50 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it seems that it's over for Rebecca.
    There's no way she's joining now

It's going to be just like Vivi over again...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Well, it seems that it's over for Rebecca.
    There's no way she's joining now

It's going to be just like Vivi over again...
    I doubt that Oda's going to pull the same stunt as Arabasta. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy to repeat himself.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Suna's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt that Oda's going to pull the same stunt as Arabasta. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy to repeat himself.
    Vivi infiltrated the secret organisation which was plotting to take on Alabasta. While Rebecca wants to kill the tyrant who is the source of all her, and her people, troubles.

If you spot any plot repetition please let me know... I insist on 'plot', because about the character only I am sure we can find some similarity with Shiraoshi too....
    Once again your argument doesn't stand. You should forget the idea of Rebecca being the next SH. Because she won't.

About the dwarf... Luffy will definitely find them cool! And so far except the leader Leo, we don't know any of them very well. So i doubt it too.
    A dwarf with the mera mera??? Special ability: Light several candles in no time...

Thread Closed
Page 125 of 134 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 ... LastLast