Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Thread Closed
Page 130 of 134 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2003

Thread: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

Franky filled the last necessary position and Brook the last one Luffy wanted. All theorical remaining ones, the crew could live without as they have been for a long time now. So the position is not really what matters anymore. What matters is someone Luffy wants to join (like Jinbe) and which can add to the crew in term of power and every day life.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Let me present some interview quotes from COLOR WALK 3.

Quote Originally Posted by published in 2005
    Amano Youichi: Will there be more ideas for characters?

Oda: Concerning the crew, I knew how many there were going to be since the beginning. I meant to have them all join in a year, but eight years have passed and we still don't have everyone.

Amano: So there isn't everyone yet... (LOL)

Oda: When it comes to adding members, time and myself have changed so things will be a little different from what I initially planned.
    I truly believe that the current members were those that Oda had planned in the beginning. There were things that turned out differently such as Franky initially being a fairy/dwarf thing according to the Green data book, and this kind of change was probably what Oda meant in the last quote.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    Yes, Jinbe will be the 9th member. That means that at least one more will be recruited.

Didn't you see Schabrak's last post? There are a few more positions to fill.
    But how necessary are they, and did Luffy want those positions filled?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sameel View Post
    http://www.thepirateking.com/historical/ship_roles.htm

Including captain and swabbie, there are 12 roles
    Didn't mention the remaining ones as they are already filled by the current crew members.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    I truly believe that the current members were those that Oda had planned in the beginning. There were things that turned out differently such as Franky initially being a fairy/dwarf thing according to the Green data book, and this kind of change was probably what Oda meant in the last quote.
    I would have loved if Chopper had stayed less cute, as he was on Drum, maybe a mix with his prototype.

Even if not as crew member, but I would really like to see more animals having eaten Devil Fruits and being capable of using them. A beast master with such animal/s.
    Last edited by Schabrak; September 16, 2013 at 04:14 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Franky filled the last necessary position and Brook the last one Luffy wanted. All theorical remaining ones, the crew could live without as they have been for a long time now. So the position is not really what matters anymore. What matters is someone Luffy wants to join (like Jinbe) and which can add to the crew in term of power and every day life.
    Well, we don't know how powerful Rebecca is yet. She could probably be strong enough to join the crew.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

What are chances for Bellamy to join?

He is strong but not as strong as monster trio. He has changed a lot during only two years and he said that he lost his friends when he went for golden pillar. He is alone now. He has specific character and was bad guy as Strawhats before joining.

There are two things left for him to be good nakama material - he has to develop dream of his own - dropping idea of becoming one of Doflamingo underlings. He seems to be a bit lost, like he is about to drop something that he wanted for so many years as he came pretty close to that.

Last thing is flashback. Maybe it will show why he admired Doflamingo so much, maybe as kid he lost his parents somewhere and Doflamingo was first person that he looked up to?

Bellamy has more to show that you people expect. As character and as fighter.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So in total he has nothing Strawhat worthy? Neither a dream attainable by joining Luffy nor a background to make him special like rest.

What else is he able to show as a fighter and character? He can shown that he can become a "good" guy and warn Luffy? That's not satisfying.
    Last edited by Schabrak; November 14, 2013 at 07:12 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Franky filled the last necessary position and Brook the last one Luffy wanted.
    ....no Luffy said multiple times enthusiastically that he wants a Bronze Statue.

Voila, there is one on Dressrosa depicting Kyros/Toy Soldier.

Meanwhile you have Toy Soldier (Who is highly implied to be the person depicted on the Bronze Statue) consisting of Tin, the Main Additive of Bronze and Violets attack is a reference to Iron.

And it freaking happens that the element one needs to make Bronze is the prize of the Tournament while the name of Rebecca's mother is associated with Heat and Flames.
    Last edited by Beatrice; November 14, 2013 at 07:36 AM.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

You know what I think of your name theories...
    And I don't see how a statue can become an interesting new member...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I know many people have said that the chances of Rebecca joining are slim because she'd have obligations to Dressrosa after Doflamingo is defeated, but since it's revealed that Violet is next in line, that frees her up. If she forms a bond with the Straw Hats during the climatic battle, then no doubt her father will tell her to go with them.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

It's more like the other way around, Violet is more useful than Rebecca, besides she has stayed with pirates long enough to know the basic rules in the playbook. Therefore instead of a noob joining the group I hope the next candidate is Violet.

I realized that I am merely a conscience programmed into a game.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    It's more like the other way around, Violet is more useful than Rebecca, besides she has stayed with pirates long enough to know the basic rules in the playbook. Therefore instead of a noob joining the group I hope the next candidate is Violet.
    But Rebecca has the 'dark past with a dead loved one'. That's a sign she might be joining. Besides, Violet is needed on Dressrosa after Doflamingo's defeat.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kulugo's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

probably a dwarf. did you see Luffy's reaction when he heard about the dwarves?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahahah Luffy got so excited when he heard about the dwarves dwarf for next Nakama! Hopefully Wicca or someone we haven't met yet.
    Hey, Ace! Sabo's alive man! just thought you deserved to know.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bellamy's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion, excluding Jinbei, KinemoMonosuke and Trafalgar Law who are very special cases, the following characters should have a chance to join during Dressrosa Arc :

- Bellamy : When I'm thinking about a new Nakama, what hits me immediately is the bond that he shares with the Strawhats. The fact that Bellamy was introduced during Skypiea Arc, and more important, actually visited the Sky Island, it makes me feel that somehow like he shared the experience with them. For example, Franky and Brook never had this chance, and it's a shame but that's just how it is. It's how Oda decided to write the story.

So, why did Oda decided to let Bellamy live ? And to bring him back as a changed man ? Well, most could say that he didn't changed since he actually decided to choose Doflamingo's orders to kill Luffy, but... Why, oh why, did Oda decided to stop him just in time by bringing Dellinger ? Why does he gave him such screen time if it's just in order to being simple fodder ? To show the power of the mighty young Okama with high heels who isn't even one of the 3 Generals ?
    Let's put another perspective. Why did he brought Hachi back then ? For a purpose. Of course, it may be the same case : just showing an old ennemy for the fanbase, but let's be honest, before that, Bellamy didn't had much fan. Maybe Bellamy will just have a big role, like Hachi had, but what would makes him more interesting AND a Nakama Material ?

First off, his backstory. Why does his current dream is to join Donquixote Pirates ? Why does he admires Doflamingo so much ? After being beat up badly by him then rejected, he brought him a freaking Golden Pillar to be accepted again. He lost his friends too, making him available after the defeat of Flamingo. But how did he lost them ? What did he does at Skypiea ? How did he even get there ? If there's not enough possibilities regarding a moving flashback, whether it is childhood or between time-skip, then I don't know what will do...

I believe Oda give us those informations for a reason. Also, why showing us, for example, him hesitating about the assassination order ? Or Luffy cheering for him ?
    My point is : why put so much effort into a single character, who was hated by nearly EVERYONE at the time, making him really likeable for the readers, just to eventually kill him like trash or whatever ?

If he changes side, his dream would be obvious. His loyalty have been tested over and over, and it concerns a rotten manipulating piece of fabulous garbage like Doflamingo. Imagine his loyalty towards a great good guy like Luffy who would actually care about him. He would do ANYTHING for him.

As for a role, if he can't join because he would just be a brawler, then nobody can. Why ? Because if you decide to think like that, then consider all the very important places taken. There's no need for more, basically. But does that mean Luffy can't welcome more nakamas ? Absolutely not.
    Plus, Luffy have a tendency to ask A LOT of people to join. (HE EVEN ASKED FOR GAMON, FOR CHRIST SAKE)
    In any case, I strongly believe that Bellamy will do something for Luffy, whether by helping him or by sacrifice himself.

What the crew need the most right now is power. Luffy will have allies, that's for sure. But that's not enough. And I can already predict the future statements : Bellamy is not strong enough, bla bla bla. Well, think of it for one second. Everyone keep saying that : Luffy + Zoro + Sanji is the "Monster Trio". Would you really want a stronger character to show up and steal the show ? Because, let's be honest, the one suffering from that would be Sanji.
    Bellamy isn't a powerhouse, but he managed to survive until now. He became more famous, dangerous and feared. (bounty of 195 millions, that's not bad)
    He have a Devil Fruit, who could be as interesting as Luffy's. Oda just showed us a glimpse of what he can do during B Block Fight. Is that all he got ? No. Why would it be ? Because he was caught by surprise by the overcheated power of Bartolomeo who was able to counter THE King Punch capable of destroying a fortress ? A punch that even amazed Luffy ? I don't think it's a valid argument. Like at all. It's like saying : Well, Sanji is weak, 'cause you know, he loose against Doflamingo lol.
    If it's clear that he didn't learn Mantra, (maybe some type of Haki, but I doubt it) imagine that he kept some dials ? Combine those with his spring powers, and I'm pretty sure you have some strong combo breakers like we all love.

Let's settle this : If he doesn't even win a single important fight until the end of Dressorsa, then yeah, it's done, he won't join at all.

Personnaly, I love his vicious personnality of a brutal fighter, and his loyalty. And, you've got to admit that his new skin is neat.
    Why think that his personnality wouldn't match ? Do you seriously thought that Robin had something to do with the Strawhats ? Being all serious, more mature, way older, an archeologist ? I remember that A LOT of people were against her. But she became really likeable and brought us the wonderful arc of Enies Lobby. Since then, she changed a lot. Damn, she even make weird faces like everybody now ! Even if it's funny, on a little sidenote, I would have prefered that she stays more "unique", but I guess Oda is trying to show how well she's integrated.
    (heh, maybe she will even accept to Dock with Franky and eveyrone, hahahaha)
    Back to Bel.

I would love to see a Nakama more brutal, fighting against vicious opponents, etc...
    Furthermore, since Franky became so mecha, he won't Franky Boxing again like before... I miss that so much. XD
    Of course, there's Luffy, but his own way of fighting is very special and more "Haki" like, now.
    I love the street fight gender more. But I know it's just my blend opinion here, so that doesn't count as an objective argument.

And yeah, I know. Maybe he will not even change side. But it would be very disapointing, isn't it ?
    Also, maybe that if he changes, he would just join Heart Pirates (even if I can't really see why, except it's the Strawhearts alliance).
    Or decide to remake a crew... But that would be really "meh" too, imo - and difficult as hell.

- Léo : To me, what matters most than gender is diversity. To have a Dwarf in the crew would be really cool. Why Léo would be a good addition ? Well, thanks to his size, speed, and his Devil Fruit, I believe Oda could so some good things with him. Why him over other dwarves, though ?
    He's most like the leader, for some reasons. What is fun with dwarves is their trust. It would be a good duo with Chopper, yet not very unique. His design is pretty cool, but not wonderful either. So, until some fights, more events, I have nothing to add about him. He's cute, but would that be enough ?

- Wicca : Basically, she have everything Léo has, except she's a girl. So, that would be the perfect addition in terms of gender and diversity. Wicca is like a mini-Perona. Although she doesn't have a Devil Fruit, she seems to be really strong. She impresses Zoro, and served him until now as a personal ZGPS. That wouldn't ruin the running gag of Zoro getting lost every time, because I think she will just lecture him. She's clumsy, her personnality is quite fun until now. But contrary to Léo, she doesn't seems have a little extra power, so it's difficult to choose, isn't it ? :P
    Last edited by Bellamy; November 24, 2013 at 01:29 PM.
    Donquixote Pirates all day, son.

Thread Closed
Page 130 of 134 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 ... LastLast