Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Thread Closed
Page 131 of 134 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2003

Thread: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

It's gonna be Wicca! She will eat mera mera no mi eventually and becomes strong enough to join the crew. I don't want Leo to join. His df is interesting but I would rather see Wicca join the crew.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

From the last chapter it became evident to me that how much ever Barto is a scum, he never leaves his friends behind , and he wants to follow luffy. Considering Luffy is following the path of Shanks or Roger with one small ship sailing across, Barto looks like the man who will continue on this ship together with them when SHs leave from Dressrosa.

The reasons are plenty. One of the reason I see is – we as readers are doubtful that anyone else will join the crew, for the reason that they will not be in touch emotionally with the crew or the captain as the whole crew has finished half the journey together and gone through a lot together. They share something which a new member might be missing. They all have certain respect for their captain for whose sake they trained for these two years. Bartolomeo is a guy who is equally together with them all through their journey, just the difference is , he was stalking them from the shadows. He has that level for respect towards all the crewmates already .. what else is needed

And he said he wants to follow luffy .... I dont see him following luffy on his ship anymore... he must past that ...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Jinbe and Barto-bro for new SH's!
    Hey, Ace! Sabo's alive man! just thought you deserved to know.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheLuffySmile View Post
    Jinbe's a given. I was hoping that someone who eats the Mera Mera no Mi would join, but with the latest development, that hope has gone up in smoke, no pun intended. There's still a possibility of Rebecca joining since she fits the first criteria of all Straw Hats: a dark past involving the death of someone close to them. Unfortunately, as many have pointed out, she wouldn't have much to offer. That's sort of the reason I was hoping she'd be the one to get the Mera Mera, cause how useless could a logia be?

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Sabo is going to join the Mugiwaras, mark my words. He'll be the co-captain/captain.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't have to further that OT discussion and give him any more attention when he's doing that. :P

I have to say that I'm sad that Wicca or any other dwarf has no chance of getting it anymore. The only bad plot development of the chapter. hehe
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys will realize when we see Sabo finally join. Will it take a databook or Oda saying it in the SBS for you guys to agree? D:

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    I have to say that I'm sad that Wicca or any other dwarf has no chance of getting it anymore. The only bad plot development of the chapter. hehe
    I thought you said you were fine with Sabo getting the Mera Mea? If you were hoping that some other character would get it, then I know the feeling.

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    You guys will realize when we see Sabo finally join. Will it take a databook or Oda saying it in the SBS for you guys to agree? D:
    Dude, first of all, Sabo is in the Revolutionary Army. Second, he was able to kick Luffy's keister when they were kids, so he's bound to be a lot stronger than Luffy is now (unless Luffy gets a major power boost from kicking Doflamingo's butt). Finally, Sabo meets none of the criteria for SH member. In other words, as many have said to me about my hope that Rebecca joins...GIVE. IT. UP.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheLuffySmile View Post

More like trusted allies in the future because both are captains having their own crews, the best candidate right now is Violet since she's heading back to the Palace where DD and Fujitora are right now, it's also the place where Luffy & the other guys are going to, hence Violet is fighting along with the SH while Rebecca is still playing around in the stadium; the best example is way back on Justice Island, Franky fought a CP9 member but Pauli just played around with toddlers.

I realized that I am merely a conscience programmed into a game.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    More like trusted allies in the future because both are captains having their own crews, the best candidate right now is Violet since she's heading back to the Palace where DD and Fujitora are right now, it's also the place where Luffy & the other guys are going to, hence Violet is fighting along with the SH while Rebecca is still playing around in the stadium; the best example is way back on Justice Island, Franky fought a CP9 member but Pauli just played around with toddlers.
    Uh, Jinbe has promised that he would come back to join. As for Violet, unless she bonds with Luffy like he did with Rebecca, chances are slim. Finally, it wouldn't exactly be playing around if Rebecca manages to defeat Diamente.

Alright, let's hear the laughs at that last one.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    Finally, it wouldn't exactly be playing around if Rebecca manages to defeat Diamente.

Yeah, maybe Burgess , Barto and Sabo just drop dead so that she can win by default and advance to the final round.

The probability that Sabo drops dead before her is probably 0%.
    Last edited by MBVC; December 12, 2013 at 04:45 PM.

I realized that I am merely a conscience programmed into a game.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    Yeah, maybe Burgess , Barto and Sabo just drops dead so that she can win by default and advance to the final round.

The probability that Sabo drops dead before her is probably 0%.
    Well, it sounds like that instead of the four finalists fighting each other, they'll be fight Diamente. Maybe after using up most of his power beating Burgess, Barto, and Sabo, Rebecca could take him?

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    Dude, first of all, Sabo is in the Revolutionary Army. Second, he was able to kick Luffy's keister when they were kids, so he's bound to be a lot stronger than Luffy is now (unless Luffy gets a major power boost from kicking Doflamingo's butt). Finally, Sabo meets none of the criteria for SH member. In other words, as many have said to me about my hope that Rebecca joins...GIVE. IT. UP.
    First of all, Jinbei is in the Sun Pirates, but it's not stopping him from joining the Straw Hats.

Secondly, that was when they were young and Luffy didn't have a good handle on his power. That's the biggest reason why Luffy kept losing.

What criteria would that be? Please tell me you're not going to mention the sad history or the dynamics or anything else, given that we know he has a sad history, and that we have not seen him after a decade or so passed.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    First of all, Jinbei is in the Sun Pirates, but it's not stopping him from joining the Straw Hats.

Secondly, that was when they were young and Luffy didn't have a good handle on his power. That's the biggest reason why Luffy kept losing.

What criteria would that be? Please tell me you're not going to mention the sad history or the dynamics or anything else, given that we know he has a sad history, and that we have not seen him after a decade or so passed.
    I was expecting you to counter with 'You're still hoping Rebecca joins', but Touche either way.

Technically speaking, the sad past criteria usually includes the death of a loved one, but since Luffy has subverted that, I guess we can let it slide, especially since they've both lost a loved one in the not too distant past. The second criteria is enough power, which I guess he fits (though personally I think he's too powerful). The final requirement is a dream, which we don't know if he currently has.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing is set in stone, Rebecca still has as much of a chance of joining as Sabo does, maybe even more since I highly doubt Sabo will or should join anyway. Nor do I really want to see him join, to be honest.

Sabo did lose Ace though, just as Luffy did, so that's one criteria fulfilled. We don't know how powerful Sabo is, but he doesn't need to be extremely powerful, otherwise Nami, Usopp, and Chopper wouldn't be part of the crew. That criteria shouldn't be used to determine someone joining. Nor does it make sense that Rebecca won't join, given that she's winning her matches without hurting anyone or getting hurt, and she'd be willing to hurt bad people.

Everyone has a dream. Sabo's dream is likely to help Luffy become the pirate king, which unlike for Ace is an easy dream for Sabo to realize or achieve since he's not against Luffy, since he's not a pirate. Or at least, his dream is to see Luffy become the pirate king, just as it was Ace's. I don't believe in the whole criteria thing anyway, I look at the bigger picture. The bigger picture tells me that Rebecca wouldn't and shouldn't join, and that Sabo won't join.

Thread Closed
Page 131 of 134 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 ... LastLast