Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Thread Closed
Page 27 of 134 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 127 ... LastLast

Thread: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 2nd edition

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post

i want the trio to be the next members (camie , pappug the talking gloves and hatchi) i don't care if they are weak
    yes they are weak is good that at least that's clear so if you know that why would you want them in the crew
    sorry but to me they would mean an unnecessary burden to the SH's and considering their current threat lvl this is definitely not a wise thing to do
    about the next SH i don't know see anyone fitting them at the moment...i personally dislike hyouzou very much i just don't like his face and from what i saw till now his personality sucks so nexxxxttttt

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Not only they're weak...They fulfill NO purpose at all xD
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Finale's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If she wasnt dead and wasnt a queen Otohime would have been a pretty good fit for the SHs. Her personality is just eccentric enough to be a SH and she has a dream and a goal. If she was going to join I dont think Oda would've made her so fragile. I would've liked to have seen her interaction with Luffy.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lord.Strife's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LordUriel View Post
    You will hate me for repeat this character again, but...I think Fukaboshi is between 25-32 age range. And if it's above 30, He would be able to walk in land

And I was thinking that maybe the only way the Fishmen and Mermen to enter to Reverie is to know about the world of humans. The prince recognizing this duty passed down from his mother will join the Strawhats to know the world and make the world know Fishmen. He has the dream marked by other Fishman, He's an apprentice from Jinbe (It was shown when they showed up) He apparently is clean and loved also by his people, and if the King is still alive He has no reason to stay on the Island because there is already a King and protectors.
    He's strong, but not as Jinbei and has a high sense of justice (As we saw when NFP were forcing other to step over his mother) and a clean history.

I think so far He's the perfect candidate...Except for his name, which sucks because it's not as short and cool as it should be.
    I like the idea of the prince joining. I ask myself how the king knew whitebeard and maybe the king travelled with wb once. Who better to become friends with then a man who has as many connections as luffy.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the strawats are pretty balanced when it come to age

chopper-17, luffy and usopp-19, nami-20, zoro and sanji-21, robin-30, frankie-36, brook-90

i think that oda will stick to the 2 more members in the crew, one a bit older and one yonger. i think that hyouzou will be apart of the crew. haccan and hyouzou are about the same age, and hacchan called hodi and his boys children. i figure hyouzou is between the ages of 35-41, so that would cover the older crewmember.

as much as i hate to say koala and sabo are possibilities, very small, but possibilities non the less

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Chopper is not 17. I think he is around 10..... I also was under the impression zoro, ussop, nami and sanji were the same age.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Chopper is not 17. I think he is around 10..... I also was under the impression zoro, ussop, nami and sanji were the same age.
    http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/SBS_Volume_19

R: I've been wondering, how old are Vivi and Chopper? Vivi looks to be about the same age as the rest, but Chopper just seems like a kid! Please, give us the answer! [1]

O: First, Vivi is 16. Chopper is a human reindeer, so as a human he would be 15. Yeah. That's right.

That was before time skip ...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    how are you going to say he is not 17. know your facts before you comment dude

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah... It's hard not to despise the attitude so many display nowadays. Is it that hard to type "wiki Tony Chopper" into google, press enter and use a moment, in this case not more than ten seconds to search for his age/ to inform themself? He never looked like a pre-teen kid in his more human form, so what let you asume him being ten? With all the sailing he probably is more near to 18 than expected. Those freely available and easily attainable facts are the basis for a discussion, even more important in this kind of topic. GIYF

@Fukaboshi: Isn't Neptunes representation as an aged old man more of a sign that the prince would be needed as a successor, he's the likeliest candiate. Or would anybody like to see his brothers reign over anything?^^ Maybe this arc will lead to a more grown up Shirahoshi, so let's wait and see.
    Last edited by Schabrak; April 28, 2011 at 06:35 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

At his defense, kkck is kinda right though...
    He may be 15 years old as a human, but as a reindeer he might only be 10 or something...

Just like we say that 1 year in a dog life is the equivalent of 7 years in a human life.

So, yes, he's 15 years old in human form (17 after the timeskip), but if you actually look at "how long has he been born?", then he would probably be less than that (I would have to go check his flashback to calculate, but I don't have time to waste for that)...

Edit:
    Just checked really quickly...
    We don't know how old he was when he ate the fruit, and we don't know how long he was alone before meeting Dr. Hilruk, but from the day he met him to the day that Luffy arrived to the island, 6 years had past.
    http://www.mangareader.net/103-2248-...apter-141.html

So, the only thing we can say for sure is that he was born (as a reindeer) at least 8 years ago.
    Last edited by THM Nindo; April 29, 2011 at 09:26 AM.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

You know that reindeers have a life span of 10/15 in natur to 20 "human" years in captivity?
    -> Your argumentation is false. His Devil Fruit most probably has allowed him to live as long as humans, if not, he will be the first to go down from age in the Mugiwara crew.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Reindeers reach adulthood in between 1 and 3 years though. I doubt an adult 3 year old reindeer would become a kid thanks to the fruit. chopper might currently be the equivalent to 17 years old but I doubt he was actually 8-9 years old when he ate his fruit.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

If Koala does something else in the next chapter I would bet She's is a potential candidate. Which would be lame and sad since I want instead a Fishmen to join T_T And seeing that Aladding walked with his tail trough land makes me realizes that it's not a need to split the tails to be on land. Which makes me happy about Fukaboshi :3
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The main issue with koala being a candidate is that she might not be in the new world. For all we know her hometown could be in the regular grand line. I guess it is plausible she could go to the new world through some other plot device but given how dangerous the GL is and how brutal the new world should be I find the situation unlikely. Would she even go through the normal channels to the new world? She'd have to get close to majiroa which is a bad idea to say the least and going to fishman island is a extremely difficult process. Then again, plot devices.... I do doubt she would join though although it would be interesting if the strawhats meet her.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like her to be the next strawhat, but I don't think it's going to happen.
    Pretty much every one that was brought into the strawhat had a bad past that kinda resolved when they joined the crew.

Koala bad past is already resolved. She was saved by Tai already...
    Unless she's captured again, or that she really wants revenge on the Tenryubito, or that what she need to resolve his the fact that she's scarred for life (always smiling, always complying to everything)...

Her personality would fit so well with the crew though...
    And I really want the next crewmate to be a female, so she would certainly be my favorite choice amongst the "candidates".

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 27 of 134 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 127 ... LastLast